Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Firearm purchase waiting period?

Conspiracy and paranoia are all about perspective.

The squirrels think I am conspiring against them. I think the squirrels are paranoid. I'm not conspiring against them at all, just trying to "kill" them.

I guess the same is true for any conspiracy.

Some people think the government is trying to take away their guns. The government thinks some people are paranoid. They're not conspiring against them at all, just trying to "protect" them.

Conspiracies do exist and most are brought on by paranoia. Some are brought on by these guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybIXi...eature=related

I was told nearly the same thing; the NICS has 72 hours to deny; after that the dealer CAN sell you the weapon. Now, whether they WILL or not might be another thing. Lady in gun dept at Walmart TOTALLY unaware of such protocols. Send help. Is this accurate?

"If the FFL has not received from the NICS a final determination after 3 business days have elapsed since the delay response, it is within the FFL’s discretion whether or not to transfer the firearm (if state law permits the transfer). If the FFL transfers the firearm, the FFL must note “no resolution was provided within 3 business days” on line 21d of the ATF Form 4473. (Please refer to pages
    24 and 25 of the FBI NICS FFL User Manual.)"

Page 218

http://www.atf.gov/files/publication...f-p-5300-4.pdf

I would think most dealers would call back to NICS just to CYA.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I had this same issue a few weeks ago. I was kind of dumbfounded by it, and concerned. I've bought several fire arms over the past few years and never once had this issue. Not sure what its about. Hopefully doesn't happen the next time!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mysurvivalspot?feature=mhee
    www.mysurvivalspot.com

I'm not surprised by increased delays. Sales of firearms have gone through the roof and that means the NICS checks have increased as well. I don't know if any headcount has been added on their end or not but even the automated process can get bogged down if you dramatically increase requests.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Are either of you by any chance in states that have fingerprint readers?
    MA is currently in the process of removing the fingerprint readers from the state NICS system because the technology is old and only works with WinXP computers, changing to the PIN system instead. But as all things MA, the process is slow and possibly causing more delays, though they insist it will be faster and allow for Gun Show checks (um yeah, we already have gun show checks.)
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

I'm not. The only thing you need fingerprints for in Indiana is the CCW background check. We don't do fingerprints for a weapon purchase.