Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A pain in the............

Default A pain in the............

Wow! I just bought my 2010 resident Maine hunting license. I get the combo hunt/fish. I also added the bear, waterfoul, archery, and night coyote. I didn't get turkey ($20 for spring and $20 for fall) like I did last year and I paid over $135!! So, my question..how bad does it hurt to hunt in your state?

resident hunting: $41.20
    nonresident: $143.35

duck stamp: $17.85
    upland game bird stamp: $8.40

antelope, elk and sheep drawing: $7.50 each

first deer tag: $27.55
    nonresident: $242.80

second deer tag: $34.40
    nonresident: $242.80

bear tag: $40.45
    nonresident: $243.75

elk tag: $376.00
    nonresident: $1162.50

antelope tag: $125.25
    nonresident: $387.50

sheep tag: $354.50
    nonresident: $500.00

pig tag: $19.70
    nonresident: $66.15

for my money [i might change my mind if i had plenty of it], the only thing worth hunting in california at this point is small game and pigs. foul aren't too bad either.
    Last edited by canid; 12-22-2009 at 04:42 PM.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Wisconsin Conservation Patron $165 all stamps, permit apps, park pass.
    Good for everything except Federal Water fowl stamp.
    Fill out in early April, list everything you want to do and away you go.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

not bad. i think i need to return to a less populated state.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Got a relative in Northern Maine that put his wife's name in on this years moose permits just for fun. She got it, her son taught her to shoot and she got one. She said 750lbs. They were a menace to traffic last time I was there.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Whoa, Whooa , whoa! You have to pay for a bear tag now??? The last time I got a combo license in Maine (1994) it was either $16 or $18 and had a deer and bear tag, then you could put in for a doe tag as well but that was free. You didn't need a tag for coyote/coydogs. Smallest whiteTail i took in Maine was 197lbs dressed out most were right at 200lbs dressed out and i've seen some monsters that just had me gawking instead of shooting. Never got picked for the moose lottery and turkeys had just opend up.
    As for California, it is so cost prohibitive to hunt and the blacktails are the size of a Doberman. The only thing worth hunting here is pig and i refuse to, cause i want to see them over run the damm cities.
    I know what hunts you.

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    Whoa, Whooa , whoa! You have to pay for a bear tag now??? The last time I got a combo license in Maine (1994) it was either $16 or $18 and had a deer and bear tag, then you could put in for a doe tag as well but that was free. You didn't need a tag for coyote/coydogs. Smallest whiteTail i took in Maine was 197lbs dressed out most were right at 200lbs dressed out and i've seen some monsters that just had me gawking instead of shooting. Never got picked for the moose lottery and turkeys had just opend up.
    As for California, it is so cost prohibitive to hunt and the blacktails are the size of a Doberman. The only thing worth hunting here is pig and i refuse to, cause i want to see them over run the damm cities.
    Rules and reg, you know.. You can still hunt bear during regular deer season without the special license. Doe tags are still free but only because SAM got it written into law years ago. 1994 was the first y ear I hunted here and coyote night hunting was $2 then. I was drawn for a moose tag so I have to wait two years before I can try again. If you are drawn that is $75 or something like that. The biggest buck for me was 209 lbs.

In New Jersey,National Guard members, free for deer and fishing, not sure of the costs for other residents
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Banned

When I lived in NorCal 2000 - 04 a pig license was just 7.95 and it was 6 kill tags and you could buy a lincense a day. I killed a lot of pigs, 50-80 pounds live weight usually and sometimes stoats, just dressed them, split them and either, froze, smoked or grilled them that way. never killed a blacktail but tried valiantly. Never drew an elk, antelope or sheep tag.
    Michigan(my boyhood home was very resonable BUT seemed hard to draw tags).
    Indiana is still reasonable but we only have deer as a big game species. Feral/wild pigs are free here but hard to find. In fact they are not just free. IDNR begs us to kill them.
    nonresident deer is only $100 or so and $20 for a antlerless tag.

Indiana combined hunting and fishing is $25.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I guess N.C., ain't so bad. LOL

Comprehensive Hunting: Statewide hunting for residents during a license term. Includes hunting for big game, hunting on game lands and hunting for waterfowl (does not include federal duck stamp).
    $30
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Banned
    Blog Entries

FREE.......I get my Alaska Hunting, Fishing, Trapping license free, Plus bonus Subsistence dip-net license for 35 Red Salmon, Can you say FREE. Plus about $2,000.00 per year PFD money.,......plus $800.00 to help buy fuel. Plus super low property tax on personal residence.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 12-22-2009 at 09:32 PM.

The whole state of Alaska must be the welfare state everyone is always talking about. So that's where my tax money goes. No wonder they built a pipeline up there. They had to streamline the shipping of money from Washington to Alaska. Where's my pitchfork?!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The whole state of Alaska must be the welfare state everyone is always talking about. So that's where my tax money goes. No wonder they built a pipeline up there. They had to streamline the shipping of money from Washington to Alaska. Where's my pitchfork?!
    Pitchfork?? Where's my suitcase!?

Banned

You need to live in Alaska a full calender year before you establish residency. I've wanted to live there since my 20s but none of the woman I've been involved with has been up for it. As I understand it if you want a woman in your life in Alaska you need to bring one with you. Also the land of the Midnight Sun and the 28 days of darkness wear on people who grew up below the 50th parallel.
    Last edited by hoosierarcher; 12-09-2010 at 03:19 PM.

When I first started I could get a Sportsman's license which included everything except does, bear, elk, turkey and waterfowl. $45!

Since then they did away w' the sportsman's license and now it costs me

15 for firearm deer
    15 for bow-actually it's a combo license now w' two tags
    4 for doe app.
    15 for doe tag if drawn
    15 for small game
    15 for coldwater fish
    15 for trout

$94!
    plus a state park sticker $24
    metropark sticker $20
    and an orv sticker $16.75 ish
    plus an Ohio non-resident fishing $40

So, $195 or so, but I can't trap, harvest fur, hunt bear, turkey, waterfowl, elk. That all costs extra.

If I want to use a state boat launch I also have to pay another 24, plus another 24 for metropark boat sticker.

If I hunted and fished like I used to it'd easily cost me 300-400 for everything, or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    FREE.......I get my Alaska Hunting, Fishing, Trapping license free, Plus bonus Subsistence dip-net license for 35 Red Salmon, Can you say FREE. Plus about $2,000.00 per year PFD money.,......plus $800.00 to help buy fuel. Plus super low property tax on personal residence.
    That sounds cool! So what does it cost you to live up there?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierarcher View Post
    You need to live in Alaska a full calender year before you establish residency. I've wanted to live there since my 20s but know woman I've been involved with has been up for it. As I understand it if you want a woman in your life in Alaska you need to bring one with you. Also the land of the Midnight Sun and the 28 days of darkness wear on people who grew up below the 50th parallel.
    Yesterday the first day of winter: Daylight at 8:25 AM and dark at 4:40 PM and 37* F above.

33 tonight.

68 tomorrow.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    I love it - but I am not normal.