Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A pain in the............

Banned
    Blog Entries

Aaaa'So, Grasshopper, See's truth......

That's probably the last time I eat a grasshopper.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

In mass a resident hunting fishing is fairly cheap.. Around 30 If I remember correctly...add 5 each for archery and muzzleloading stamps.. Plus 5 for each additional doe permit.

N.H. Hits your non residents hard though.. $ 184.50 for year long hunting fishing combo with a muzzleloading stamp. that only allows you 1 deer.. Though I can hunt with a rifle and on Sunday, neither of which are legal in Mass.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

I really don't understand that. Some states really don't have a clue. Folks that really need the meat to feed their families can't afford the permits. So they either poach, which means more conservation officers (salary and benefits) or they lean on some social program like food stamps. At the same time, deer are increasing in numbers destroying crops and becoming a traffic nuisance as well as starving in the lean months (listen up PETA).

Lower the cost of the licenses and permits and folks eat better, cost the state less and keep the animals in balance. How is that not a win/win/win?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I shoul probably add that this is the 1 "government fee" that I really don't mind paying, as all the money goes right back to Fisheries and Wildlife.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

Well n.h. Residents pay FAR less!.. I think they hate us "Massholes" coming up and shooting "their" deer.

Well, I wasn't pointing a finger at Mass just states that have that mentality in general.

Oh I hear ya! I talked to a maine conservation officer 1 time who told me when they do the tallies, there are certain poorer counties that they nearly double the reported tags for their count, due to the fact they know people are out poaching to feed their families.

Exactly. It forces some folks to become "criminals". Obviously, some yo yo's will poach no matter what but keep prices high is counter productive in my book.

I have a lifetime hunting/fishing license due to my military disability (otherwise it would be $58)
    Salmon/Steelhead tag = $26.50
    Shellfish tag = $7.00
    Upland bird stamp = $8.50
    Deer tag = $24.50
    Cougar tag = $14.50
    Bear tag = $14.50
    Turkey tag = $22.50
    Elk tag = $22.25 due to my disability, otherwise $42.50

They have gone up about 45% across the board from last year.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aflineman View Post
    I have a lifetime hunting/fishing license due to my military disability (otherwise it would be $58)
    Salmon/Steelhead tag = $26.50
    Shellfish tag = $7.00
    Upland bird stamp = $8.50
    Deer tag = $24.50
    Cougar tag = $14.50
    Bear tag = $14.50
    Turkey tag = $22.50
    Elk tag = $22.25 due to my disability, otherwise $42.50

They have gone up about 45% across the board from last year.

MAN would I like to be harvested by a "Cougar"..........
    Last edited by Sourdough; 12-23-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    MAN would I like to be harvested by a "Cougar"..........

Question: What is a cougar?

The short answer: A cougar is an older woman who is primarily attracted to and has sex with with significantly younger men.

So...in your case......wouldn't she have to be like...103 years old? LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    So...in your case......wouldn't she have to be like...103 years old? LOL

Beggars can't be choosers..................
    Last edited by Sourdough; 12-23-2009 at 06:45 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    Way too much information !

Perhaps ........
    Last edited by Sourdough; 01-19-2010 at 04:13 AM.

Okay. This is me picking up my bowling ball and beer. I'm outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierarcher View Post
    You need to live in Alaska a full calender year before you establish residency. I've wanted to live there since my 20s but know woman I've been involved with has been up for it. As I understand it if you want a woman in your life in Alaska you need to bring one with you. Also the land of the Midnight Sun and the 28 days of darkness wear on people who grew up below the 50th parallel.
    lol there are woman in AK. more rugged ones then the ones down here. dont be silly if you want a woman who can handle alaska get one that was raised in alaska.
    Come share my fire.

In Florida I get the Sportsman Gold for $100 + $4.81 convenience fee.

Gold Sportsman's License (includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits)
    What you can hunt is dependent on where you hunt.

Gator Tags are $271 total for to tags and if there are any left after the drawings you can buy two more for $61.50. You can have as many people as you want help. But, they must buy a license for like $60.

Gator tags!?

Quote Originally Posted by Batch
    You can have as many people as you want help
    How many folks I need to help me is directly dependent upon how many it takes to fill the gator up. I mean plum full. Not just a one burp left from full but all the way to the end of his snout full. Then I should be able to handle him.

Why do I get the feeling you'd agree with Owl Girl regardless of what she said?

The price of tags arent bad at all here, but the seasons are RIDICULOUSLY short and limited. We only get a couple of weeks for deer season, and month and a half for squirrel and quail, most of the year the only thing you can hunt is rabbit. Rabbit season is unlimited in harvest and season and squirrel has a horribly short season. This makes no sense considering there are probably about 5 times more squirrels than rabbits in CA. Instead of sending biologist or qualified wildlife conservationists to study and fight the perfect balance of harvest and preservation, our laws are influenced by vegetarian bureaucrats who want to seem to want to see any idea of self sustainability destroyed.