Thread: If we have a BiG Diapason ???

Question If we have a Big depression ???

If a depression happens now , how long will the deer last , what will the Young people do that do not have family's and there sames to be allot of them . Now there are more people in the city's then when the last diapason , then there was more people on farms.. What well they do ??? Where would be safe to go and hide ? What can we do to get ready ???
    Last edited by Sarge47; 11-11-2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: spelling

What's a diapason?

Sorry iSHKO is that better???
    Last edited by Smok; 11-11-2007 at 02:19 AM.

Sorry for what?According to my dictionary,a diapason is "the complete range of a musical instrument".

Your having way too much fun
    Last edited by Smok; 11-11-2007 at 02:50 AM.

Hay ISHKO why can I not get the edit to work on the title

I don't know about the edit.
    But,for some good info on emergency preparedness,check out The End Times Report.I don't know the address,you can google it.Hope this helps,sorry for the misunderstanding.

What misunderstanding I checked spelling and did not have my glasses on you got it and I thank you ...all in fun Thank you

Default If we have a BiG Diapason ???

I asked several (50) people what their plans were if a depression came. Every one said to head out to the woods and hunt. With all those people out in the woods shooting what ever moves? I will stay right here and eat my beans. Bugging out to the wilds is not an option, unless you own the land. Unless you have it set up for a fall back, and unless you can and will defend it.

My plan is to bug in to bug out. I have what I need here and until it is down to what I can get on my little red wagon, this is where I will be. Once the crowd thins out and they have reduced themselves to starved cadavers for the crows. Then I will think about heading into the unknown.

The Bug out bag philosophy is to head into the wilds and live off the land. Lets see, 40 million people trying to live off the land on limited resources = 39 million people dead or dying within a month. Leaving 999,900 all trying to live off the land. 100 making it threw the 3rd month. Now would be a good time to start on my second reserve stash of beans and rice.

During the great depression less then 25% of the population was out of work. With over 60% of the population today in service related jobs. Can we say rat stew? Can we say doggie burgers? Can we say OH spit!

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

There would be a lot of people out there for a while . If I had to do a backpack only survival plan I would head south for the cold season for sure, longer growing season there also. It is the same as hunting and fishing many are not ready to go the extra mile for the game. the deeper you get into the wildernes the less compition you will have, you are already one step ahead by being prepared with the mindset and skill of a survivor.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf2u2 View Post
    I asked several (50) people what their plans were if a depression came. Every one said to head out to the woods and hunt. With all those people out in the woods shooting what ever moves? I will stay right here and eat my beans. Bugging out to the wilds is not an option, unless you own the land. Unless you have it set up for a fall back, and unless you can and will defend it.

My plan is to bug in to bug out. I have what I need here and until it is down to what I can get on my little red wagon, this is where I will be. Once the crowd thins out and they have reduced themselves to starved cadavers for the crows. Then I will think about heading into the unknown.

The Bug out bag philosophy is to head into the wilds and live off the land. Lets see, 40 million people trying to live off the land on limited resources = 39 million people dead or dying within a month. Leaving 999,900 all trying to live off the land. 100 making it threw the 3rd month. Now would be a good time to start on my second reserve stash of beans and rice.

During the great depression less then 25% of the population was out of work. With over 60% of the population today in service related jobs. Can we say rat stew? Can we say doggie burgers? Can we say OH spit!

Don
    what about the one that say i will take what they need like the unprepared, looter gangs and plain old no good trash, you will have to be ready to defend yourself

Chief Executive Officer of All Operations

Good point. A defence weapon (like a nuke!) or a gun would be essential for survival. Also, wouldn't the animals have a hard time living during a depression, making it harder for millions of people to live off the land.

It may take me awhile to even notice. I'm not a major consumer. I'd probably notice things getting crowded around me and once again I'd try to get further out. Will the retreat never end?

Don
    I have to agree with you... That is way I'm going for raccoon ,beaver ,muskrat and Bugs not many people will eat them so more for me good time stock up on traps as well they may be hard to get after the good times are over..I looked up cooking raccoon there are many fund razer out there that use raccoon as the main meat..

Default If we have a Big depression ???

sam30248 : what about the one that say i will take what they need like the unprepared, looter gangs and plain old no good trash, you will have to be ready to defend yourself

I tought fire arms safty when in the army and ran one of the rifle ranges for a time. I can knock a flee of a fence post at 500 yards with my M 21 or with the M1a1. I know how to make incendiary devices from house hold goods. I can set any number of trip wires and trip devices. Clawmors are easy to assemble. The more fools that try to get what is mine? Well Heck the dogs got to eat too.

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

sam30248 : what about the one that say i will take what they need like the unprepared, looter gangs and plain old no good trash, you will have to be ready to defend yourself

I tought fire arms safty when in the army and ran one of the rifle ranges for a time. I can knock a flee of a fence post at 500 yards with my M 21 or with the M1a1. I know how to make incendiary devices from house hold goods. I can set any number of trip wires and trip devices. Clawmors are easy to assemble. The more fools that try to get what is mine? Well Heck the dogs got to eat too.

Don
    never miltary but learned a few things over the years. but i do have a few dogs to feed haha.