Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombie Survival

edited..........
    Last edited by sjj; 10-30-2014 at 03:50 AM.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

while not really young, I did grow up in the video game generation, aka resident evil and I really think I could catch one and train it to find me more brains for tanning. and while headshots might be good for dispatching one, I think that dismembering the head and using the brain for my purposes would be much more beneficial.

I would prefer incapacitating and dismembering as a better way of getting rid of zombies. that, or closing all the macdonalds resturaunts and eliminating late-nite talkshows...
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

There will never be a consensus on such a cotriversial issue IMO.
    I'm about the same age .. A lil older.. Than YCC... I like his idea! But I imagine you run a higher risk of infection being exposed so often... Lol...
    I'd prefer some type of high-capacuty shotgun and a large cache of ammo.... A large caliiber pistol as backup... And of course, a machete to hack. At. Limbs when. Ammo runs dry.

Lol.... Zombies
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Cricket bat or shovel. Preferably cricket bat.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

A shot of good brandy. WIll bring folks back to reality
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Not exactlyt sure about dispatching one, but always found that this works for me.

Zombie Cocktail recipe:

•1/2 oz 151 rum
    •1 oz pineapple juice
    •1 oz orange juice
    •1/2 oz apricot brandy
    •1 tsp sugar
    •2 oz light rum
    •1 oz dark rum
    •1 oz lime juice

Blend all ingredients with ice except the 151 proof rum. Pour the contents of the blender into a Collins glass. Float 151 rum on top. Garnish with a fruit slice, sprig of mint, and a cherry.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Mmm,, that sounds better than my brandy. May I join you while we watch the "zombie games?
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

You sir, are welcome at my fire (or bar) anytime.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

If zombies attack I for one am done for.You see my back yard is seperated from the local cemetary by a stone wall.I have enjoyed everyones company and have learned a thing or two along the way.

YCC..If I should stumble over your way,you can have my brains or whats left of them.Just make it a quick ending for me.I only have one request.What ever you make with my leftovers please engrave,burn in a star map of the Ursa Major and Minor.If you ever get lost you will know how to find the north star and think of me at the same time.
    Joe
    Red meat is good for you.Its the green furry meat you have to worry about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    I suspect that even today, young men still discuss this subject. Can anyone in touch with the younger generation enlighten me on modern day thoughts on the issue? Has there been any consensus reached after all these years - or is this no longer an issue with modern day young men?
    Honestly, this is a concern that I was totally unaware of until about 2 years ago. And yes, it's still an issue with younger men.

I unwittingly walked into the middle of a debate taking place late one night around the fire-pit in my backyard. About a half dozen very bright college seniors, spurred on by cold beer, were debating the merits of using mechanical weapons vs. chemical weapons vs. energy weapons in our unavoidable showdown with zombies. I declined to offer an opinion when asked.

After quietly collecting several sets of car keys, I retreated to the solitude of my livingroom.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Maybe this will help with your debate: http://www.online-zombie-games.com/g...llows-eve.html

as i mentioned in another post, my zombie art work makes awesome targets if you print em up.

p.m. me and ill send you the link.

Blog Entries

OMG! I can't believe we are talking about zombies again.

hmmm, imagine meeting a zombieized grizzly.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

the problem with zombies is that there always seem to be too many of them.

12ga. 3" shells with 00 buck loads sounded great as a kid, but in sober light, those things are heavy. in fact, most firearm ammo is heavy.

this is why i like the machete/sword and the bat. the cricket bat is probably a superrior weapon to the baseball bat, as the oblong profile has blunt but thin sides which just look stellar for shattering bone.

immolation would be nice too. i figure a bunch of small incendiary devices couldn't possibly be more cumbersome than 200rnd of shotgun ammo.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

please; do *NOT* talk about the zombie grizzlies!

*shudders*
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Not exactlyt sure about dispatching one, but always found that this works for me.

Zombie Cocktail recipe:

•1/2 oz 151 rum
    •1 oz pineapple juice
    •1 oz orange juice
    •1/2 oz apricot brandy
    •1 tsp sugar
    •2 oz light rum
    •1 oz dark rum
    •1 oz lime juice

Blend all ingredients with ice except the 151 proof rum. Pour the contents of the blender into a Collins glass. Float 151 rum on top. Garnish with a fruit slice, sprig of mint, and a cherry.
    I had one of these once..... my legs stopped working
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

The very good news is zombie grizzlies are lumbering giants. Fearsome, horrible, scare the pee waddins out of you vicious but slow. Hopefully, they will be slow enough so Winnie can sober up a bit and get those legs working.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The very good news is zombie grizzlies are lumbering giants. Fearsome, horrible, scare the pee waddins out of you vicious but slow. Hopefully, they will be slow enough so Winnie can sober up a bit and get those legs working.
    Live grizzlies are not "lumbering giants", why would zombie grizzlies?
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

It's just the nature of the beast (God, I slay myself!!!). People turn into lumbering hulks. Even track stars become lumbering. So one can only assume that grizzlies would as well. Of course, that's only a theory, similar to global warming.