Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: obsidian blowgun fun

apart from the plugs, most modern darts i've seen are between 4 and 6".

sadly, i haven't seen more than a small handfull of traditional darts.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

you could use cat tail fluff, cigarette butts, or goose down. i used cigarette butts when i made some and they worked good. i never heard of an arrow being used only needle like tips so im curious how it will work. it sounds a bit heavy.
    Come share my fire.

i was curious too, when i saw the question asked. that's why i decided to make some.

i gave it plenty of mass, so i'm eager to see how it penetrates. i might want to tough up the edges on the little point first, but it's really a tiny flake, and quite fragile.

if it works well, i'll make up some quality ones for my collection.

as for the blow gun tube, i think i might make a quicky one with tape and paper for testing puropses, and make a more permanent gun when a better idea strikes me.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

i'm gluing up some coyote fur for the flight.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

then i figured i'd make some with antler points for the heck of it:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

One word of caution when using the blow gun that you end up with - Take your deep breath BEFORE you put the gun to your lips. Just sayin'.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

haha.

oh i'm well verses in the fine art of pin-stickin'. fear you not.