Thread: Purchase of deer permits over the counter

Default Purchase of deer permits over the counter

In Illinois, they've opened up 2nd, 3rd, and 4th firearm deer season so that you can buy permits from gas stations. Has anyone purchased these permits o-t-c in Illinois? If not, have you purchased o-t-c permits from other states?

I'm looking at going to Carroll County, Illinois for 3rd season on 1/2 and I need to buy a permit otc in that county. Just trying to get a picture of what information I'll need to give, etc.

Should be the same information regardless of where you go.

In Michigan, you can buy any hunting or fishing permit at a retail store called Meijer. They use a computer to check your driver's license number, then you pay with a credit card. I would assume any other stores that want to, could participate in this program. I've seen Mom & Pop bait shops do this too.

I'm not aware of extra deer seasons in Michigan, though we badly need it. Deer are a constant problem, causing accidents, and eating the landscaping.

Drivers license, or ID card.
    Hunters saftey card possibly?
    Do you have a regular license?
    We were buying doe permits at any license location otc, they already have you info.
    Last edited by hunter63; 01-12-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: splin'
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27