Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which knife?

i went with the kbar heavy bowie. I am very happy with its performance, brought it home and headed down to the willow patch behind the house. The sheath holds the blade well. I was not impressed with the bk7 sheath, the knife was great but man that sheath was crap. The knife fit loose so it rattled around when sheathed and the stiching was lousy. I still someday want a bk7 but when i do get one i will have a new sheath made for it

yah the sheath is not good quality at all. what i did to stop the rattle was put a little bit of card board in and it made the knife fit a little better. if you go on ebay or check on chestnut ridge knife shop(i think) you can find nice kydex sheaths for around 30$.
    how dare i call this love and not bare my cross

Bear Clan

thanks i'll have to keep that in mind. I was suprised they want so much for it and what the hell it would be more secure in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfox View Post
    thanks i'll have to keep that in mind. I was suprised they want so much for it and what the hell it would be more secure in my pocket.

In the "old days" (mid 1970's) I was told by my father (an experienced outdoorsman) that ANY company that produced a quality knife had best include an equally sturdy sheath. He was pretty spot on.

With a few exceptions (Scrapyard knives that come w/o ANY sheaths), this seems to still hold true, today.

Keep in mind, the majority of 1970's vintage sheath knives were GI surplus, Case, Camillus, Queen Cutlery, Marbles, Gerber, Western, Schrade, and Buck knives.

Yeah, Randall's were out there but for a 10-year old kid, they were not an option...and at 45, they still aren't!