Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "WANTED" Fishing Lures Cheap, about 50 to 100

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default "WANTED" Fishing Lures Cheap, about 50 to 100

Where can I order fishing lures cheap....? Not some whiz-bang-fangled dangle newest wonder lure, but plain old tried and true spinners and spoons, etc....?

I just bought two more pack pack rods and open face spinning reels, and I had one set-up for pack back fly-fishing rod and reel.

I bought two bulk-pack cards of Mepps Spinners at Walmart, but they were not cheap, there has to be an on-line retailer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Where can I order fishing lures cheap....? Not some whiz-bang-fangled dangle newest wonder lure, but plain old tried and true spinners and spoons, etc....?

I just bought two more pack pack rods and open face spinning reels, and I had one set-up for pack back fly-fishing rod and reel.

I bought two bulk-pack cards of Mepps Spinners at Walmart, but they were not cheap, there has to be an on-line retailer.
    Snippet,

Are you looking for cheap fishing lures ? Well you have definitely come to the right place to find cheap fishing lures! There are literally thousands of fishing lure web sites that offer a large amount of fishing lures for sale. But the thing to do is to find a web site that will offer you the best fishing lures at the cheapest price.

http://www.cheap-fishing-lures.com/

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/

I used to get catalogs from these folks. everything from molds and rubber to premade lures on the cheap. If you want something they ain't got, you can make it yer own self, jess the way you likes it.
    done a few of the carved poppers and such, nothing to write home about, but they always had good service and kept sending me catalogs for ages.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

I have a stupid question while you are here and on the subject. Does it ever get to cold up there to fish? ie Will reels freeze up?
    Ken has helped me out so much with legal stuff, I need to keep track of it so I can pay him back. I will be placing a 'score card' in my sig as a reminder.

DEBT:

Repaid:

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boker View Post
    I have a stupid question while you are here and on the subject. Does it ever get to cold up there to fish? ie Will reels freeze up?

I do not Know........My guess is that because the water is open even if the air is -20F* I think one would have all kinds of reel problems and that it would be impossible. But I am not a sport fisherman.

Ours freeze up here. I'll put light grease/ oil in mine in the winter and change it out in the summer.

Bass Pro Shops, Gander Mtn, and Cabelas have online stores and used to have good deals on lure packs. I haven't bought any lures in a while and usually just pick em up if I find em on sale.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rwc1969 View Post
    Ours freeze up here. I'll put light grease/ oil in mine in the winter and change it out in the summer.
    Yes, I was thinking more about the wet line freezing on the spool.

Some guys will wd40 the spool and line, or wax the eyes of the rod. I just deal with it, but I've never fished in -20 weather. Maybe 0-20, but not minus 20.

Take your rod, through it in the back of the truck, drive over to Anchorage and buy whatever kind of fish you want. -20 is TV weather, not fishing weather.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Are you setting up an emergency set up?

Anyway I have several small kits made up, my favorite lures are the small (about 1-1/2")bright red worm double hook rigs.
    Use to get then for about .50 cents for two.

Can't find them made up anymore, so made up some up using the pac's of different colored worms.
    Have caught just about anything on them, trout, bass, walleye, blue gills as well as turtles.

If I was to pack a basic kit, it would include, several size hooks, 12 lb test mono line/something to put it on, couple of corks/bobbers, several sinkers and these worn rigs.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yes Hunter, All we have around here is Salmon and Steelhead, Rainbow, Dollies. I figure if the SHTF big'time, then it will never be "Nornal" again in my life time. So I want enough of everything to last 15 years, boots, socks, coats, gloves, everything.

Yes Hunter, All we have around here is Salmon and Steelhead, Rainbow, Dollies. I figure if the SHTF big'time, then it will never be "Nornal" again in my life time. So I want enough of everything to last 15 years, boots, socks, coats, gloves, everything.
    I hear ya, wise counsel, tending to redundancy and to deploy assets, my self, but in addition to SHTF my reasons are a little different.

Good thing that as we get older and can't remember where stuff is, we can at least stock a LOT of them, whatever it might be.

I guess as far as fishing goes, I tend to be a minimalist, as I haven't really found a lot of artificial baits that work all the time, my investments are mostly in line, hooks, sinkers, etc.

I am interested in what you come up with.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Would you be better off with a throw net and/or gill net? I know you have experience at that.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Rick, a net is for sure the answer here on the river. There are places you can chase them into the shallows and pick them up or shoot () the big ones with a .22 short. Before someone asks the King Salmon can go up to 90/110 pounds, but most are 35 to 45 pounds.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 02-25-2010 at 07:15 PM.

I think the avg king here is 17. They keep getting smaller every year though.

Spoons and minnow lures can be made from>>Yes spoons just cut the handle off the spoon and drill two holes one for the treble hook and one to attach the leader. For the minnow lure do the same with the spoon handle.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."

Benjamin Franklin

Here's some from Wally World. I don't know if they are big enough for Salmon, however.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search...lected_items=+

around here I just use lead and hooks for salmon and trout. Spawn, waxworms, leafworms, etc. Lotsa folks use flies too.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    Food Gathering.

The "Lujon" my favorite lure for the Kenai River. (For those who do not know, it is the far left rig, used for Snagging Salmon)

We use that one for snagging Bait, Sourdough. Here it is illegal to snag salmon.
    There's a place called Lurepartsonline but haven't used them. I've heard of the above-mentioned jannsnetcraft place before too. Never ordered from them either. I use mostly jointed half-floaters when I use lures at all. Mostly do 'match the hatch' fishing. Or Bunker.
    Last edited by LowKey; 02-28-2010 at 11:36 AM.