Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relaxing gun laws

I've never found gun laws to be "relaxing" ;-)
    Earth - love it or leave it.

FireSteel.com

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

I am part Scotch-Irish myself. My ancestors came here for freedom and a better life. We haven't missed a war for freedom, including yours since before our revolution. Remember during WWII the civilians here "donated" firearms to the UK. We just might need a firearm to protect our other freedoms in our Constitution someday. What we say, own or use guaranteed to us by our Constitution doesn't require us to explain it but we darn sure will defend it. I have never used a firearm in the USA but for my personal curiosity would you rather be speaking German or Japanese now?
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Ken, you windbag,
    remember Obama's speach where he points to the religion and gun ownership issues that the people have?
    and him mentioning that he will solve that? (hint: race for first place).
    also, to slant a poll one way or another is not difficult.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stony View Post
    Ken, you windbag,
    remember Obama's speach where he points to the religion and gun ownership issues that the people have?
    and him mentioning that he will solve that? (hint: race for first place).
    also, to slant a poll one way or another is not difficult.
    Stony,

in most circumstances, I'd do a fast bit of research and easily refute such a lame proposition. However, valid statistics and proven facts mean nothing to you. Therefore, I won't waste my time.

May I suggest a site that is far more appropriate for you?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

See...if ol' Stony had just stopped at "Ken, you windbag" he would have been fine. It's a sad, sad thing when that fella tries to explain himself.

My Member of Parliament is the one who's pushed the elimination of the long gun registry in Canuckistan. I admire the woman for it.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Perhaps I should move to Canada and run for Parliament. I'd shake them up. I don't drink Tim Horton's and I refuse to speak French.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

What is your point? Two politicians voice their opinion on gun control. Neither can affect it without the Congress. One of whom can't affect it even with Congress. You need to read some current numbers and polls. Gun control is loosing favor in most arenas...thank goodness.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Stony, I confess that I don't understand. You are in favor of gun control. I do understand that. I don't agree with it but I do understand it. I even agree with your right to feel that way and express your views. What I don't understand is why you post trying to prove that gun control is inevitable. Wouldn't a better approach be to post numbers and statistics showing that control actually works? Wouldn't your cause be better served by pointing out communities where gun control has driven crime down or lack of ownership has resulted in a safer place to live?

If those numbers or communities are out there then by all means point us toward them.

Posting a reference to two opinions, even if one is the President, really doesn't make the case. He can't get Congress to agree on Health Care reform how on earth could he manage to corral Congress on gun laws? The honeymoon is over. His rating is plummeting.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Perhaps I should move to Canada and run for Parliament. I'd shake them up. I don't drink Tim Horton's and I refuse to speak French.
    The refusing to speak French is ok, but the not drinking Tim Horton's? Oh I don't think so, brother, that's almost akin to saying something against hockey, just downright un-patriotic.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

I'll make the national sport curling and change the name to the Canadian Maple Whirlygigs.

A little known secret....Canada's official national sport is still lacrosse. There's probably a lot of people who would actually agree with curling, but after a couple of ends, good luck getting them to be able to say "whirlygigs" (Curling...broom in one hand, Scotch in the other)

...and Canadian Maple is actually a donut flavor at...you guessed it...Tim Horton's.
    Last edited by trax; 12-14-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: because the truth is out there

This whole plan is quickly unraveling. Perhaps it would be best if I left Canada to it's own fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This whole plan is quickly unraveling. Perhaps it would be best if I left Canada to it's own fate.
    That's pretty much the way I see it too, hence...Free Traxistan...

Blog Entries

Pfffffft! That poll has absolutely no statistical significance. I know that because Stony told me so.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony View Post
    Ken, you windbag.......to slant a poll one way or another is not difficult.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    It's a sad, sad thing when that fella tries to explain himself.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

About 30 years from now someone is gonna toss a copy of that down in front of one of those guys and say...

"Dad. What the @#$! were you thinking?"