Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High point

Default High point

was wondering how many people own high point firearms? I have the c9 9mm. I've gotten alot of people putting it down beacuse of cost but i have never had a problem with it. I wanted the 9mm carbine but CA. won't allow it.

I do not own one. I did shoot one years ago. I am not a fan of them.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

no? the only thing i have never liked is they are a bit heavy. What model did you shoot?

Couldn't tell you the model. It was a 9mm. Felt cheap, grip was not all that comfortable in my hand, accuracy was questionable - other than that I didn't have any issues with it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

"PIRACY IN THE BLOOD" Icemancometh's Avatar

I don't own one, but my Brother-in-Law has the carbine and loves it. I had tried to steer him toward the Beretta Storm but he decided on the Hi-Point. I think it has to be one of the ugliest guns I have ever seen. I wouldn't buy one on looks alone, they just have an odd, cheap look to me.
    ""What the hell you doin' with that lawnmower blade?" "I aim to kill you with it.""

I also own a the compact 9mm. I love it because of how cheap it is. I paid a whole $90 for mine and it is my regular side arm for hunting. If I fall in the mud or roll down a hill, I don't cry over scratching my $90 pistol. I have put about 800 rounds through it and it only ever jammed when I was using crappy wolf ammo, not the pistol's fault. It is reliable and accurate enough for what I use it for without the high price. I wouldn't use it a shooting competition but for a nice field pistol it is the big bang for buck.

I don't know anything about their carbine.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

i agree with you there, i would not use it for a competion gun. But yes it does make a nice field gun.

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfox View Post
    i agree with you there, i would not use it for a competion gun. But yes it does make a nice field gun.
    Sorry, but I can't say much good about them. They are one of the top criminal weapons of choice beause they are so cheap. Do not attempt to shoot plus P ammo out of it unless you want a hand grenade with a handle on it. Hollow points are "iffy" at best as far as reliability goes. I would not trust it. No fireing pin safety is also a big problem (very unsafe). Cast metal (aka pot metal) accidents waiting to happen. Besides, who cares about getting a scratch on a "real" gun because they are tools and tools get used. I don't know about it being "a good field gun" but I can tell you it would be a great boat gun....As an anchor. This may not be what you wanted to here but it is the truth. I am sorry for the bluntness but this is my take on them. IMO you should sell it and get a good used pistol if cost is a consideration for you. You can pick up a nice revolver in .357 mag very reasonably priced and that my friend is a waaaaay better field gun than any Highpoint. Be safe out there.

I don't know...I have the C-9 and over the years I have put a lot of different ammo through with it very little problems unless I'm using a lower end load. As for the accuracy...my experience has been that if I don't hit what I'm aiming at, its me not the weapon.

Oh, come on Glockcop. Tell us how you really feel.

I have the 9mm carbine. It's the 995 and I love it. Boat anchor or not it just keeps on shooting. Yeah, they are ugly as dirt but then I don't often pick pretty for my firearms (okay, sometimes I do). I don't own any of their handguns and don't know anything about them but the carbine is just fine in my book.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I am very happy that some users have had good luck with them. I would not trust them because GUNS have been my business for many many years and I recognize lack of quality/materials/design when I see it. I do not "dog" these guns because of their low price. A low price does not mean that anything in particular is a bad choice. Example = a good used revolver. More times than not though, you do get what you pay for when buying new. I critisize them because of their crappy materials (pot metal) are sub par for a firearm, Their design is unsafe and loosely constructed. There is a reason that they are made so "chunky" and big. The metal is weak and they need lots of it to contain the pressure. The springs, grip screws, extractor, mag body, and barrel are the only parts of the gun made of real steel. Magnesium alloy is used for the major parts. This is one of many reasons they are cheap. Being of a straight blow back design I again caution the use of higher pressured rounds. Shoot what you want out of it. They are your hands and face. But don't say "I didn't know" when the inevitable happens. Be careful with those "guns" (loose terminology). Take care.

P.S. I remember hearing somwhere that the Owner/President of Highpoint said, "We like to think of ourselves as the best of the cheap guns.", or something very similar. That says alot when the company Pres admits to there low quality status in so many words. Nuff said.
    Last edited by glockcop; 12-03-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Well, break or not it comes with an unconditional lifetime warranty. As for high pressure rounds...

"Hi-Point carbines are +P rated and accept all factory ammunition."

Nuff said.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well, break or not it comes with an unconditional lifetime warranty. As for high pressure rounds...

"Hi-Point carbines are +P rated and accept all factory ammunition."

Nuff said.
    Rick, I am fully aware of what their literature states is safe. I am also fully aware that Magnesium alloy is not a very good material to make a firearm from. Besides, no body will ever use the lifetime warranty because dead folks don't make customer service claims . I wonder if they offer health or life insurance in their owner's manual . I will say again that it is a sobering fact of life that "you get what you pay for". Be safe brother.
    Last edited by glockcop; 12-03-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Wait. What? Is that a Glock? Say it ain't so!!!!!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

That is a sh*tty attempt to make a misdirected point. There are more Glock pistols out in the world than mostly any other combat firearm. The laws of ratios dictate that you will see anything out there in those large numbers have a failure or two. I can gaurantee you that there are many more Hight Point problems out there when compared to a quality weapon. Failures happen with anything especially in $90.00 garbage. Not even the "church lady" would put a High Point in the same category as a quality gun such as, but not soley inclisive to, a Glock. Just rediculous and colluded. Be safe.
    PS I bet a Glock will "contain" an over pressure round much safer than a Highpoint. Name a wager. One condition....You shoot the High Point.
    Last edited by glockcop; 12-03-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockcop
    Just rediculous and colluded
    Well! Sir! I never! Send forth your second to meet mine! I shall not be disgraced in so public a fashion! You may have your choice of weapons. As for me, sir, mine shall be a Hi Point!

May I say your efforts have succeeded in derailing this entire thread. I hope you are happy! Now look at what you've done!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well! Sir! I never! Send forth your second to meet mine! I shall not be disgraced in so public a fashion! You may have your choice of weapons. As for me, sir, mine shall be a Hi Point!

May I say your efforts have succeeded in derailing this entire thread. I hope you are happy! Now look at what you've done!

Sir, may I offer my gauntlet?
    Last edited by Pal334; 08-07-2010 at 05:46 PM.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

High Points are GREAT! I'm gonna buy one for my "X" with some +P+ ammo. Explosions and flying Magnesium alloy are fun. Merry Christmas, Honey...now shoot away. There Ya go. Right back on track. Take care.
    Last edited by glockcop; 12-03-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Pal, gauntlet refused. I will not require it for such treacherous a task, Sir. The original challenge doth stand sentinel to my character.
    Last edited by glockcop; 12-03-2009 at 06:25 PM.

I can take or leave the 9 mm carbine.
    Personally I think it is under powered, for a carbine, sorta of a poor man's "assault weapon".
    Would probably be a little more accurate then a 9mm hand gun, in inexperienced hands.

But then again, I think it would defeat the purpose, of high capacity hand gun, which IMO a good cover weapon. Pointing/shooting backwards, as cover fire, as you are hauling butt, to a better location.
    Last edited by hunter63; 12-03-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: spellin'
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27