Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you miss?

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

you know.. after thinking about it all day, I think I'd miss communicating my ideas more than anything. I had very little contact with people all day, except for business (folks call when we get 4" of rain and they spring a leak) but I've been working all day on this and that and been pretty much alone inside my head with my thoughts. Now, if you really knew me, thats a scary place to be. Sometimes you have all this stuff you wanna say... but noone to say it to.
    Thats like most times around here.. I don't think any of my friends are really interested in surviving type stuff. Kids just wanna watch tv and play games. The Mrs. has all kinds of stuff she gotta do.. she just ain't got time to hear me rant.. But you guys.. you let me talk about things I'm interested in and I don't get all jestered and put off. I guess I'm trying to say thanks for listening and talking back. I don't know anyone else locally that is at all interested in anything primitive.

I would have to put at the top of my list: someone to talk to. but I won't edit it for discussions sake
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

YCC.... IMO that is one of the best things about this fourm. always having somone who'll listen.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Voice in the Wilderness preachtheWORD's Avatar

If I wasn't married with kids I would probably already be living a rather off-the-grid lifestyle anyway, so I don't think I would miss all that much of modern conveniences.

There are a few exceptions:
    cold Dr. Pepper
    hot showers
    good light to read by at night (tried reading by candle or fire light, it's not so good)
    a freezer to store food in
    Preach It - Teach It - LIVE IT

Quote Originally Posted by your_comforting_company View Post
    MUSIC.. My whole life has had music. I love it. I would eat it if I could, and drink it.. it soothes my soul and calms my stresses. It distracts me from all the drudgery of life, if only for a short while.
    music has been around for a long time i dint think it would disappear just from a lack of radio.
    Come share my fire.

Quote Originally Posted by walkabout king View Post
    I have to completely agree with the items and reasoning on there. The only thing I would add, is my tent. Anything here in FL that would cause this situation would probably tear my tent down, or at the least flood it to the point I'd be out of it for a few days.
    you could build a shelter or use a tarp hammock setup or a hennessy hammock, i think think those are cool.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Come share my fire.