View Poll Results: What is the best weekend you can make the SEWSF Jamboree?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • April 17, 18

1 33.33%
  • April 24, 25

0 0%
  • May 1, 2

0 0%
  • May 8, 9

1 33.33%
  • May 15, 16

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SC, GA, FL, NC, AL, MS, LA, TN -SOUTHEAST Division Jamboree Location?

Default SC, GA, FL, NC, AL, MS, LA, TN -SOUTHEAST Division Jamboree Location?

There are 3 posts on this topic...

1. Interested members
    2. Select a Date for the Jamboree
    3. This one......For this one post a familiar place you can recommend. Pics are great, try to convince us it is where we should go! After Christmas we will have a date and a place after polling your votes. So just reply to the posts! Let me know if anyone has any ideas to help us plan a great time!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Fall Creek Falls has a few walk in primitive camping sites and a few off overnight trails. Really beautiful area with enough trails for a weekend.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I say Cheaha it is a cool wilderness aera up in alabama here is more info

norhttp://gorp.away.com/gorp/resource/us_wilderness_area/al.htmth
    All good things are wild and free
    -Henry David Thoreau

Learn from the old and the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Survival Guy 10 View Post
    I say Cheaha it is a cool wilderness aera up in alabama here is more info

norhttp://gorp.away.com/gorp/resource/us_wilderness_area/al.htmth
    Fixed your link. You had the word north sandwiching it.

http://gorp.away.com/gorp/resource/u...ss_area/al.htm

1. I'm interested.
    2. It's your shindig so whenever you decide is fine with me.
    3. I don't know any of the locals. It will all be new to me.

Might I suggest you rank the sites from 1 to whatever. That way you'll have the work out of the way when it comes to selecting the second site to meet then the third and so on. Just move down the list.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

If you want to do something a bit earlier, North or Central Florida has some interesting places. I've previously posted pictures to most that I've been hiking through - Ocala National Forest (several locations, but so far I liked Juniper Springs the best), Fort Clinch, Little Talbot Island, or Cumberland Island (this is a Coastal Georgia Island accessible only by boat that runs twice a day). If anybody wanted to do something in January or February these may be good spots, albeit not all that centrally located.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    Fixed your link. You had the word north sandwiching it.

http://gorp.away.com/gorp/resource/u...ss_area/al.htm
    thanks i know a lot of people who have been there and they loved i have been to north alabama before and i know it is very pretty
    All good things are wild and free
    -Henry David Thoreau

Learn from the old and the wise

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    If you want to do something a bit earlier, North or Central Florida has some interesting places. I've previously posted pictures to most that I've been hiking through - Ocala National Forest (several locations, but so far I liked Juniper Springs the best), Fort Clinch, Little Talbot Island, or Cumberland Island (this is a Coastal Georgia Island accessible only by boat that runs twice a day). If anybody wanted to do something in January or February these may be good spots, albeit not all that centrally located.
    It is for us!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    We just got back from Cumberland Island, GA (actually, we went over Halloween, but time flies), and had a great time. To actually stay on the island, you typically need to make reservations 6 months out (although I've not tried in the winter). We stayed at the campsites, but for this group, a very primitive site might be best. The ones that have showers and toilets have no electricity, so they are pretty primitive too. It would not be car camping at all.

Anyway, Cumberland was great!
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

FDR State Park in Columbus, Ga. is a suggestion. That area is gorgeous and there is plenty to do. Heres the link...

http://www.gastateparks.org/info/fdr/
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods. There is a rapture on the lonely shore.There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar. I love not man the less, but Nature more... Lord Byron

That looks like a pretty cool place and kind of centrally located.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

WOW! Looks like I am in the dark ages when it comes to camping! I think maybe I am spoiled! My camping trips never involve check in and check out times. Not bringing my own firewood? Huh?

I have always utilized my boats for camping and just go as I please. Stay as long as you like with no rules!

Guess I'll have to suck it up and do some of this fancy campin' to take part in this one.

I remember growing up...Dad just drove straight down in the woods in any National Park and set up camp. No campground for us!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

Cowboy, I'd rather camp like you mentioned, but I was under the assumption that a place such as FDR would be suitable for this type of trip. Heck, if ya'll wanna get together and camp the old-old-fashioned way, we can meet in Middle/South Ga. and go camping on my family's land...just us and Mother Nature herself.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods. There is a rapture on the lonely shore.There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar. I love not man the less, but Nature more... Lord Byron

Works for me.

But so does a campground.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

y'all got hogs?

Yeah! what do ya got hawgs?

'Hawgs', deer, 'coons, fox, quail,...

We sure enough have something to work with here....I'll volunteer this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DjiErD2MLs&NR=1

discriminating against the Arkansans again lol

I see we're not invited.