Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.11 Tactical PUSH Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Old GI View Post
    Hey linedog, maybe I missed it, what are they made for and what are the approximate dimensions. That really looks neat.
    * Heavy-duty cotton canvas material
    * Vinyl base for added strength
    * VelcroŽ closure top
    * 2 side zip pockets
    * Internal pockets
    * Each is 5 x 4 x 11"h.
    * Adjustable shoulder strap.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=388307

They are fairly stout, and I have been carried one all hunting season (with a GI canteen inside) and it still looks no worse for wear.
    My daughter has been using one for a purse for about a year and a half. It has survived well.
    Last edited by aflineman; 12-02-2009 at 03:32 PM.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Ordering as soon as I get home. The sons and grandsons will love them (Grandad just might, too .
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Quote Originally Posted by aflineman View Post
    * Heavy-duty cotton canvas material
    * Vinyl base for added strength
    * VelcroŽ closure top
    * 2 side zip pockets
    * Internal pockets
    * Each is 5 x 4 x 11"h.
    * Adjustable shoulder strap.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=388307

They are fairly stout, and I have been carried one all hunting season (with a GI canteen inside) and it still looks no worse for wear.
    My daughter has been using one for a purse for about a year and a half. It has survived well.
    What a coincidence. I was looking at those yesterday. I've been wanting a small bag to carry on my back just for picnicking for 2 people. But I figured those would be a little bit too small?
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Just have the other person picnicing with you carry one too. You get five in the order.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by RangerXanatos View Post
    What a coincidence. I was looking at those yesterday. I've been wanting a small bag to carry on my back just for picnicking for 2 people. But I figured those would be a little bit too small?
    They are roughly the size of the GI Buttpack, broken into 3 pouches. Middle one fits a GI canteen w/stove, cup, and cover, plus room for things on the side. Plus you have the smaller side pockets.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Being in the community of people who are addicted to 5.11 products I'll wager that it's a good bag. I just think the company is too pricey for what you get. I've got one set of 5.11 TDUs (basically a BDU with a few added features) that I don't personally like. I prefer BDUs. The 5.11 company is becoming like the Walmart (Great Value) of tactical-ish products so somewhere they're eventually bound to have a breakdown in quality somewhere between clothing, footwear, holsters, knives, flashlights, watches, and so forth.

At any rate, I'd recommend you find a bag of some type, or a belt set up with some type of harness or suspenders to allow you to distribute your bag o' stuff over both shoulders.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    You might look here, they got a great deal on S. & H. too!

http://www.emgear.net/Products/ProdV...qs=Maxpedition
    Well I took Sarge47's advice. I ordered a Maxpedition Jumbo in digital foilage from EMGear Friday. Along with a few other goodies. Ordered a RC-3 RAT Cutlery knife also!

I may just order another RAT from them a little bigger this time around depending on how well I like the RC-3. You can't beat their warranty.

Thanks for all the info folks!

~HF~

Talking

Hey I already got my Jumbo and other stuff. The folks at EMGear are great to deal with. I just called and ordered a RC-5 SERE knife from Dustin.

They are very helpful and friendly I ordered a Janus extension because I thought the strrap might not fit my big butt! I thought the extenion might make it more usable as it turned out the Jumbo's strap is plenty big enough for me.

So anyhow Dustin said just send it back and he'd credit my card no questions asked. That's basically what he told me about my whole order!

I'm like a kid at Christmas now waiting on the RC-5 SERE.

Blog Entries

Cool Yep!

Dustin Rocks!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin