Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Views of the farm

Blog Entries

Congratulations, I hope you'll both be very happy in your new home. It looks wonderful.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Poco, you've got yourself a magic place! A true balm for the soul.
    It's wonderful even if you didn't do a thing to it but sit with your coffee and gaze at the fields and the critters.
    But it's nice that you'll never run out of things to do and you'll always have a project to look forward to. Don't know if there's anything better than working your very own land.

This reminded me of you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0DDisZNjGo&feature=fvw

Oh that is just too funny BENNESSE. One of our foals is actually named Maggie!!! Maggie is the black foal in this picture,The solid Black mare is "Mama" or Dam to her and the black and white mare. My Stallion is sire or "Dad" to both of them. The Sorrel and white Foal is out of my Stallion and a mare we had. This picture was taken yesterday in the back pasture after we repaired fences to turn them out back there.
    The reason I say this farm isn't all that, is we are the house that brings the neighbors property value down. Everyone has nicer houses and barns around us. But I like it! I am trying to figure out where the chicken coops,and Gardens will be. There is a LOT of planning to be done, followed by a LOT of work. Pal said it. There goes all my "Lazy time".... Sleeping late means 7 AM! LOL 5 AM is usual wake up. That gives me an hour to wake up before getting started. I still have to go and feed horses this AM.
    Anyway this is the pic I was referring to about "Maggies Farm".Second from left is Maggie. Left to Right: Sun Dee Cutter(Dee), Maggie(After one of her famous Grand Dams Dam), Caddo(after the Caddo Indians) and MW Sky Cutter (Cutter). So it is Dee, Maggie Caddo, And Cutter.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Blog Entries

Poco, that's fantastic! I'm happy, happy, happy for you and the family! That's a view that's gotta' look great no matter what the weather is.

Soon, you'll be planting that garden, raising that livestock, and waiting for the Federal Express truck to show up every week to pick up all the samples you'll be sending to Q.C.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

the farm looks so nice , doesn't matter if it is not fancy, it is still pretty and I really like it. I don't like fancy things any how.

Poco, what a beautiful bunch!
    I know, a lot of work but... I'd hazard a guess that working your land and raising your critter family is more gratifying than a lot of things you can do. I've done it on a much smaller scale and to this day I remember how good it felt to put in a day of hard, back breaking work and sit back at dusk with a cold beer and enjoy the results.

And as far as your farm bringing the rest of the property down, well, it just shows you've invested well. It won't be like that forever.

The reason I say this farm isn't all that, is we are the house that brings the neighbors property value down. Everyone has nicer houses and barns around us.
    I would rather look at it as theirs are the properties adding value to yours. Truely a nice place, that IS all that. Enjoy!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Looks very nice Poco! Be thankful for the fences. They are a bear to put up! Looks like you have a great new start. Do you plan on the farm being a farm or just for the horses? Do you have other plans? I think you mentioned chickens?
    Last edited by COWBOYSURVIVAL; 11-16-2009 at 12:23 PM.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

beautiful spread you've got.

i bet you get some nice mushrooms and greens in such a setting.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Looks good to me poco. Nice!

Great Place! I didn't read the number of acres, but I'll go back up and read it again. A good place to build a better life. Glasgow KY is one of the nicest smaller towns I have seen, with good acreage and farms all around it. I've been there often and have friends with farms in the area. You did good.
    Solar Panels and Marine Battery bank, then an inverter will get you off the grid. Well-water is sweet in KY because of all the limestone.