Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emergency Laundry

Unless you live off grid, I'm not certain what the benefits are. The amount of time invested in considerable. Not to mention the wear and tear on yourself. While you are manually washing clothes you could be manually chopping/splitting wood or some other fun activity. Obviously, if you live off grid then the options are limited.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

walk lightly on the earth wildWoman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    All in all, I can tell you that my survival/laundry endeavor was one of the more satisfying things I have done recently done. I had no idea that a few simple tools could produce such a dramatic different in the ease and enjoyment of simply doing laundry. When I put on cloths that have been washed by hand, for whatever reason they smell and feel cleaner and as that T-Shirt goes on there is a personal feeling of accomplishment
    I don't share the warm feelings about hand-washing laundry but I also find that most things get just as clean as they do in the laundromat.

What kind of soap do you use? I use washing soda, some vinegar and a bar of Sunlight soap.

@Rick: "Obviously, if you live off grid then the options are limited. " So they are in town. Buy washer A or washer B. The options are limited to a point everywhere - just a lot cheaper in the bush
    Actions speak louder than words