Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: End of the WORLD - 2012

im not preparing for 2012.

im preparing for alot of other stuff though.

i read an article not long ago about a myan leader talking about the whole 2012 thing.

he said the myans NEVER said it was going to be the end of the world.
    they just simply made a point to stop where they wouldnt get lost and lose track of the date. they had always planned on making the calendar longer.

he also went on to say that he was really sick of all the 2012 questions as they have bigger problems to solve.

i myself think its strange that none of these people think that dec. 21st 2012 is an odd date for the world to end.

i mean cmon, winter solstice? really?

it makes me wonder if people in the year 1,000 did the same thing.
    im betting they did.

I kinda like Beo's post, if it's the end of the world, what is there to prepare for?
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Ya'll listen up. I happen to know exactly what will happen on Dec 21, 2012. Are you ready? Is your intrest peaked? Are Ya'll tensed up about it? Are you ready for "End Times"? Well here goes...NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING will happen. We will have an opportunity to get some last minute Christmas shopping done though . As a foot note, neither my computure nor bank account "crashed" one minute after Dec 31, 1999 at 11:59 pm. Ya'll remember that bunch of crap. Rumors cause panic. Panic causes misjudments. Misjudgments cause mistakes. Mistakes cause loss of life and property. Just relax. This too shall pass. Ya'll stay safe.
    Last edited by glockcop; 11-13-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    I kinda like Beo's post, if it's the end of the world, what is there to prepare for?
    Meet your maker?

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Meet your maker?
    Once again, folks shouldn't wait 'til the last minute, to try and prepare.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Gotta agree with owlgirl... Of the billions of people who lived throughout time it'd b interesting to be among those who were around at the end.
    It would suck... But interesting! Always feel bad for those whose life is so bad that they actually hope for TEOTWAKI.. Kinda pathetic IMO

Quote Originally Posted by owl_girl View Post
    if it really was the end of the world i would never off myself. id be much to curious since ive never seen the end of the world before and it dosnt happen very often. not that i hope ill ever see it.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Once again, folks shouldn't wait 'til the last minute, to try and prepare.
    Yeah, maybe it's time to buy that farm you always wanted.
    I'll bet Ken will be glad to draw up the papers free of charge.

Meet your maker?
    Another one of those things that is better to have it and not need it,than to need it and not have it,wouldn't you say?
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Meet your maker?
    Not something I need to stockpile food, ammo, water, etc for I think. If I ever get to meet the Creator and the Creator speaks to me, I can't imagine the first question being "Did you bring sardines?"
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Another one of those things that is better to have it and not need it,than to need it and not have it,wouldn't you say?
    Couldn't agree more!

Not something I need to stockpile food, ammo, water, etc for I think. If I ever get to meet the Creator and the Creator speaks to me, I can't imagine the first question being "Did you bring sardines?"

Sourdough's got that covered!

He might ask..."Where's 2Dumb at?"

He might ask..."Where's 2Dumb at?"
    I'm pretty sure he knows where I am, and what I'm doing.
    One more reason to try and live right. LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I'm pretty sure he knows where I am, and what I'm doing.
    Obviously not.

I don't think the world is going to end, but there may be a big change in things, hence, the end of the world as we know it. (I still say it will have something to do with the November 2012 elections.)

I'm trying to be a little better prepared for the unexpected/hard times, but more in general terms....not because of a certain date.
    Now why would they vote against my lumpy chair???
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

Voice in the Wilderness preachtheWORD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vintage712 View Post
    Frankly, I'm more afraid of the people who are afraid of 2012.
    That is probably right.

I have plenty of Biblical reasons to think the year 2012 is no more likely than any other year to mark the "end of the world," but I won't get into them here.

The 2012 thing doesn't have a bit of merit that I can see.

I even saw an interview with a Central American man who came from a tribe that was supposed to be descened from the Mayans, who was supposed to be an expert on the subject. He said there was no merit to it.

These things have been coming and going for years. You can't let them stop you from living your life. Just being reasonably prepared for whatever is likely to happen is hard enough, let alone being prepared for something that is almost guaranteed not to happen.
    Preach It - Teach It - LIVE IT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owl_girl View Post
    on that new years eve you could use it as a great excuse to be with your lover like theres no tomorrow.
    Hey Owl Girl, wanna go out on Dec 21, 2012? I'll pick you up around 6pm... lol... good excuse to treat it like there may be no tomorrow... lol...
    Awe come on I had to say it, have you seen her? Mmmm Mmmm that there is one fine woman.
    OG, I was just joking (maybe depending on your answer... lol) please don't get mad or take offense.
    Beo,

... lol... lol... lol... Ahhh I kill myself sometimes.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    I watched for the second time the documentary on TV outlining the various theories on the world either ending (or starting a new beginning) in 2012. Anyone else see that program? Thoughts?
    Yeah, I did.

Bottom line:
    We're in it for the long haul or until we screw it up ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Trax
    Knowin' my luck he'll sneeze and then what would I say?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

It is the end of a Calendar NOT the end of the World. If the Mayan were such great prognosticators they would have known to kill the first Spaniard that showed up and hidden from the rest. Or at least hidden their gold as well as the Aztecs did, it's still never been found. My guess is it's deep under Mexico City. Under what appears to be solid bedrock. They were good enough engineers to pull that off.
    Anyway most if not all prophocy is give in generalisms so broadly stated that they can mean anything.
    I've stocked up on Bubblicious buggle gum for the aliens, practicing head shots for the zombies, and have have a 5 gallon container of Holy water in a backpack sprayer and silver bowie knife and silver headed tomahawk for the unholy, undead, bloodsuckers and werecritters.