Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The List of Idiots Grows

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    It isn't about any flag...you came on this post with inflammatory comments against what I stand for period. I disagree with you. Not any question it is a fact. As for me getting hurt???? Very unlikely!
    Read my original comment ... nothing inflammatory in it, just trying to foster discussion. Now what I received back WAS inflammatory, groundless, and dismissive. Then you get my reactionary side. But if you disagree with me explain why don't just shoot me down with no logical accompaniment.

Quote Originally Posted by overzealot View Post
    It's difficult for most to come into adversity. You will not survive in the wilderness not dealing with adversity.

You are also not the type I'd walk up to and introduce myself to, but these dialogues are important, especially between differing opinions and especially for you who fear it most.
    Let's not forget the 23 million natives of this land who died for our ignorance and pride. Now they're tucked away still on little reservations, our dirty little secret swept under the rug. When they fought back we called them savages and wiped them off the earth almost entirely. Have you ever been to a reservation?

Nice to meet you as well, and try to keep that flag away from your eyes.
    No Your lost in the weeds. I stand here proud to represent the Creek Nation. None of my family was imprisoned by anyone here today! It isn't even an anology to what is happening regarding this post. Ain't got a durn thing to do with felons speaking to students.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Blog Entries

Let's see.......user profile.........

About overzealot:

Biography: father, hiker, thinker
    Interests: foraging, philosophy, politics

Here's my take: Your thought process is all screwed up. You may believe that you're a "thinker" and a "philosopher" but you're not. Instead, you have failed to make a serious distinction between "understanding" a convicted domestic terrorist and offering him the mainstream acceptance that comes by way of permitting him to appear as a speaker at a public university.

Please don't lecture me on academic freedom or the need to be politically correct. I'm not some illiterate moron who has not been exposed to academia and principles of free speech. Instead, I'm a lawyer with an undergraduate degree in political science and a former university professor who graduated from and taught at the University of Massachusetts. And as such, I'm offended that the university would provide this man a publicly funded forum from which to spew whatever crap he chooses to.

You would do well not to sacrifice what little common sense you may have in order to find reasons to avoid the truth about this man and the crimes he has been convicted of.

As far as the rest of your post, well it's just ******** unsupported by any fact whatsoever. You may sound intelligent in your cocktail circuit, but you don't cut it here.

You claim to be a philosopher, huh? Well, Plato, logic is integral to philosophy, and the "logic" you've employed is flawed.

You wanna' debate? Let's go for it! Wanna' do it here or at at UMass?
    Last edited by Sarge47; 11-11-2009 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Profanity!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Since you are not surprised, let me ask. Do you get similar reactions often? You walk into a strange room filled with people that you don't know at toss out insulting innuendos. What do you expect? Obviously that open mindedness that you claim to have ceases when you respond to criticism.
    If i walk into a room of strangers talking about something and i ask that they think about it another way, answer a perhaps rhetorical question with some intelligence and express an informed opinion and i am shot down and dismissed with no explanation, my judgment upon you will also pass as yours has done upon me. Criticize my argument not me. You further illustrate my point.

CS,
    It must be something in the water. It ain't the first from that area and I doubt it'll be the last.
    Like a sprinter or anything quick it'll be gone soon.

If i walk into a room of strangers talking about something and i ask that they think about it another way, answer a perhaps rhetorical question with some intelligence and express an informed opinion and i am shot down and dismissed with no explanation, my judgment upon you will also pass as yours has done upon me. Criticize my argument not me. You further illustrate my point.
    I don't owe you an explanation....I fealt my boot slide and knew I stepped in Sh-t! Is'nt anything left to do but wash it off!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    CS,
    It must be something in the water. It ain't the first from that area and I doubt it'll be the last.
    Like a sprinter or anything quick it'll be gone soon.
    Yeah a good spray'in and it'll wash off!
    Last edited by COWBOYSURVIVAL; 11-10-2009 at 11:53 PM.

You will never know what he has to say if you censor him. You have no idea what he's learned of himself and life itself during 18 years of prison. You have no idea what, why or even how he bombed. He most likely had nothing to do with the deaths of those officers. And if you think that he's guilty by association then the 9/11 terrorists are justified as well. YOU are all guilty of all the atrocities the U.S. has, is and will continue to perpetrate and support globally, just most obviously now in the middle east (2 million dead as a direct result of the invasion and occupation in a new study just released) What about the people who need to be protected from this country? Or even the environment? We're over seas protecting our "national interests" which means keeping up the american way of life (corporate control of resources and propping up imperialism globally with the IMF and the WTO) and destruction of the environment. I believe you all realize this, which is why we are in a wilderness survival form i'd say, for post-civilization survival. Thinking and feeling people will never hide behind a shallow form of nationalism, the bloody flag, and ignore what is happening to this world. The only world we have by the way, our only life support system. The list of idiots does grow every time someone will not listen to the other side of the story and understand what would cause someone to resort to dramatic action to bring attention to other atrocities. YOU ARE ALL GUILTY. And I am guilty.
    Maybe it is you that should go back and read your original post. If you are the free thinking, open minded individual that you claim to be, you should be able to see the obvious and glaring comments that elicited the reaction that they did. You seem to be wrapped up in the notion that we (or at least the ones you are responding to) are wrapped up in an ideological arena that does not allow outside ideas in. Maybe you should look at yourself. Seems your mind is and was fairly well made up before you started posting.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

No Your lost in the weeds. I stand here proud to represent the Creek Nation. None of my family was imprisoned by anyone here today! It isn't even an anology to what is happening regarding this post. Ain't got a durn thing to do with felons speaking to students.
    My brother lives on a reservation with his wife in maine. They are a broken people. there are no walls around the reservation but the are imprisoned. I think you may understand. Respect to you and the Creek nation. Each individual has the ability to break free eventually after they are beat down long enough either they die or fight to live. I promise you I am not in the weeds. You assume that all felons are guilty? You think any human being convicted by a state distributive justice system deserves no voice? Do you know Leonerd Peltier?

Banned

I don't owe you an explanation....I fealt my boot slide and knew I stepped in Sh-t! Is'nt anything left to do but wash it off!
    UHhuh ... i should have read further before my last post.

Blog Entries

You assume that all felons are guilty?
    No, but that's really not the issue, is it? You seem to have some difficulty sticking to one topic, so let me help. Do you have any evidence to suggest that Raymond Luc Levasseur was wrongfully convicted?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm.....

My brother lives on a reservation with his wife in maine. They are a broken people. there are no walls around the reservation but the are imprisoned. I think you may understand. Respect to you and the Creek nation. Each individual has the ability to break free eventually after they are beat down long enough either they die or fight to live. I promise you I am not in the weeds. You assume that all felons are guilty? You think any human being convicted by a state distributive justice system deserves no voice? Do you know Leonerd Peltier?
    Do you know a guy named Remy? BTW, I'm Sarge & I don't care what you think or who you are. I'm the guy that deleted one of your earlier posts & if feel that you're going off of the deep end I'll delete you, so try to play nice, clear?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Let's see.......user profile.........

About overzealot:

Biography: father, hiker, thinker
    Interests: foraging, philosophy, politics

Here's my take: Your thought process is all screwed up. You may believe that you're a "thinker" and a "philosopher" but you're not. Instead, you have failed to make a serious distinction between "understanding" a convicted domestic terrorist and offering him the mainstream acceptance that comes by way of permitting him to appear as a speaker at a public university.

Please don't lecture me on academic freedom or the need to be politically correct. I'm not some illiterate moron who has not been exposed to academia and principles of free speech. Instead, I'm a lawyer with an undergraduate degree in political science and a former university professor who graduated from and taught at the University of Massachusetts. And as such, I'm offended that the university would provide this man a publicly funded forum from which to spew whatever crap he chooses to.

You would do well not to sacrifice what little common sense you may have in order to find reasons to avoid the truth about this man and the crimes he has been convicted of.

As far as the rest of your post, well it's just ******** unsupported by any fact whatsoever. You may sound intelligent in your cocktail circuit, but you don't cut it here.

You claim to be a philosopher, huh? Well, Plato, logic is integral to philosophy, and the "logic" you've employed is flawed.

You wanna' debate? Let's go for it! Wanna' do it here or at at UMass?
    You don't know the truth about the crimes this man has committed. And as a lawyer you should know that. I would love to discuss the fallacies with you. How about an appeal to authority? you just broke that one ... three times i think: you're poly-sci background you're lawyerness your teaching career, 1, 2, 3. You just assumed he was rightfully convicted or that the moral ground on which he was convicted was stable. Also the term "domestic terrorist" has come to mean anyone who impedes economic progress. So if someone doesn't think it's good for the world to use hydrocracking to exhume oil from the ground (which contaminates the groundwater) and participates in a protest against the oil companies he/she is a domestic terrorist. guilty!!!! you also assume that he will 'spew crap". another fallacy. come now mr. lawyer step back and take a look ... oh you weren't a corporate lawyer were you? And what you said was supported by fact ... ********* you say? um no it wasn't. And a cocktail circuit? What the **** is that? I spend all my time in the woods. i don't see anyone else out there, ever.
    Last edited by Sarge47; 11-11-2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Removed profanity, there are kids on here as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    No, but that's really not the issue, is it? You seem to have some difficulty sticking to one topic, so let me help. Do you have any evidence to suggest that Raymond Luc Levasseur was wrongfully convicted?
    No i do not, so let him speak to find out what he has to say. If he's a loon he's a loon. So what? let him speak, let him deny the holocaust if he wants. Doesn't mean you have to listen, but if you don't you'll only have an opinion. and if you listen and don't agree say so. but if you are afraid he is right and may persuade others, you better shut him up.

Underzealot is wayyyyyyyyyy out in left field. Sounds like a typical brainwashed bleeding heart liberal to me. I have seen his kind many times spewing a bunch of pre-scripted "facts" and crying foul on anyone that has the common decency to tell it like it is. In the wolf pack he wouldn't even qualify to be the last wolf in the pecking order that licks the alpha males' arsh after a healthy dump.
    "There is a saving streak of the primitive in all of us" - Euell Gibbons

Let's all be careful with personal attacks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm.....

"Fee Fi Fum Foal...I smell the stench of a stinking Troll!"
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

No i do not, so let him speak to find out what he has to say. If he's a loon he's a loon. So what? let him speak, let him deny the holocaust if he wants. Doesn't mean you have to listen, but if you don't you'll only have an opinion. and if you listen and don't agree say so. but if you are afraid he is right and may persuade others, you better shut him up.
    Let him write a book or create a website. I'm not prepared to grant him the social acceptance that a public university podium implies he has.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Cool Yo, OZ...!

Arguing with a moderator is grounds for banishment, keep it up & you'll see what I mean!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Last Mohican View Post
    licks the alpha males' arsh after a healthy dump.
    For anyone who just finished there ice cream cone this was bad timing.