Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    I think you hit most of the highlights. Especially describing the "alternative to surviving". A forum like this is a place to "pick the brains" of other people and contribute what you can. It can not possibly prepare a person for an ultimate survival situation, and I am sure most will agree. I remember an old saying, that I will paraphrase "information is power", and the more information that you "listen to" with your ears and not your mouth the better rounded person you can be. Thanks for the blog
    Pal said it good!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Blog Entries

Sarge great post, truely liked it alot and it is true.
    Now while I am a lone wolf type myself and do alot of solo trekking and camping, in a survival situation I would no doubt rather have at least one more person.
    AND I GOT SOME NEWS FOR YOU... camping is not survival, it's camping.
    I have only been in a real survival situation one time, I was in the Army at the time and ended up alone... won't go into it, it's kinda long if ya really wanna know let me know.
    Les & Bear Grylls do not do survival, they teach it, yes that is true. Heck bear is about as fake as one get in that respect. And if you really think Grylls eats all that stuff you are wrong and that is sad. Squeezing the moisture outta elephant dung!!!??? Are you freaking kidding, get a grip.
    If these kids wanna learn something, and I dont care if you live in the suburbs or inner city, if you really wanna learn how to survive you'd seek out a group. YES even in the city there are groups that go into the parks, here in Cincinnati they have several and even in New York. 'If the kid won't do it because his friends won't think he's cool, then he had no real intrest to begin with.
    Quit babying all these kids, they are soft and weak as it is because of the over caring we give them anyway. Kids are stronger than we think, they bounce back sometimes better than adults. If you have something that is rezilliant (yeah I know its spelled wrong) and you keep babying it, it will become soft, weak, and breakable.
    Kinda gruff but just my two cents
    Beo,
    Last edited by Beo; 11-05-2009 at 08:35 AM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.