Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st ever hunting trip tomorrow.

Best of luck fnj! I got a 9 point buck at dusk yesterday. The preasure is off, there will be meat in the freezer.
    Last edited by ClayPick; 11-01-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: typo .... it gets that bad

Congrats Claypick.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks. My hunting season turned out a little shorter than i like.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    quite a few. i've met a butcher who will do a deer for the fee of some nice cuts, but there are some outright dishonest ones aswell.

i had much of a 'deer' given to me once which had been processed by local [idaho back then] butcher, which seemed to be a lot of mix and match from several animals. there was an awful lot of breakfast sausage in there. it had a surplus of loin steaks in it, given the size of the animal taken and the hunter didn't seem to mind.

it was given to me freely, and delicious, so i didn't mind at all.
    I had my favorite meat locker change hands here and the new owner decided to short-change his customers on their beef and wild game that he cut and packaged for them. He was from a larger town in a state just south of us. I guess he figured that since city folk could not figure they had been short changed, the county folk surely couldn't. He didn't stay in business long.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate