Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: what do you do?

Blog Entries

Wink Really?

Quote Originally Posted by owl_girl View Post
    The funny thing about Aussies is no madder how mad they get and angry they try to sound they still sound so cute. lol
    (Groucho Marx voice) That's easy for you to say.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

wonder how cold it gets in Australia

It snows.
    But it gets mega hot here. Like upwards of 130+ degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Uh-oh, Owl-girls at it again. wonder how cold it gets in Australia?
    Ok fine I’ll stop….for now

Wow thanks for the welcome. I was merely trying to participate. At least I did not say I would throw poison darts at it. How does anyone know If I would kill the moose or not? No one survives a moose attack? We have moose in Michigan also. But I am sure they are not “the same” Give me a break

Default Hey Ryan

The original question was how do you survive that kind of thing. No one said there's no surviving it. Everyone's point of view is welcome here, but if I think a response is stupid, I'm going to say so, and I expect the same back. I also tend to wisecrack and kid around, hopefully we can differentiate between dry humor and serious responses. I have two questions: how many charging moose have you ever seen? how many moose have you killed in your life?

When I suggested to people that getting out of a charging moose's way is their best advice, that's solid experience ok? I have no reason to tell them differently. If someone is inexperienced in those kinds of environments, then they're probably not all that experienced at shooting moving animals either. Any animal that charges isn't going to do it from some great distance away, it would probably be less than 50 feet. An angry bull moose covers that ground in seconds, lowering it's head and plowing down anything in it's path. YOu're not going to get a decent first shot and if you stand there, you're not going to get a second shot. It really is that simple, no one's trying to challenge your mastery of firearms here. Science has yet to devise a measuring instrument that can give a fair indication of how little my interest is in how dangerous you consider yourself and your rifle.

I agree wholeheartedly with your response to the throwing darts, by the way, but I believe the question was asked in earnest....possibly by someone who has less experience than some of the others here in forests and thought it a serious enough concern to ask. So, I also believe that person deserves the best answer possible and I've grown thoroughly tired of answers reeking of testosterone and based on ego rather than real life experience. Please continue to post and respond to posts, I honestly laughed my butt off when you responded to the survival scenario about keeping your eyes peeled for pi$$ed off moose.As far as this particular thread goes, I'm done with it, I hope Chris toasts it, so if you want to respond to me personally, pick another posting or I'll never see it.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

Wink Reported Mousse attacks!

I've been attacked by both chocolate mousse as well as a spray can of the stuff. Lesson? Don't tick your wife off!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

boy this is the last time i take a cuople of days off to practice my skills what in the world has been going on here

a few things
    1-sarge "leave the half-ling alone" funniest thing i have read in weeks

2 soe digital better leave owl girl alone trax might get out of control and throw a posion dart at ya

3 can't we all just get along

AMEN!

How was your trip btw?

Blog Entries

Talking Cut-tah-hay Wareagle!

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    boy this is the last time i take a cuople of days off to practice my skills what in the world has been going on here

a few things
    1-sarge "leave the half-ling alone" funniest thing i have read in weeks

2 soe digital better leave owl girl alone trax might get out of control and throw a posion dart at ya

3 can't we all just get along
    Missed ya brother Wolf, hope you had fun, it's been a bit frisky here, but at least we found out what "numpty" means!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Id listen to Wareagle69, or learn to pray
    "Creator for what I am about to receive I thank you"
    To thyne self be true

say the new guy sounds intelligent to me

welcome to the wolf pack

always be prepared