Thread: What is the longest "OVATION" you have ever seen....???

Banned
    Blog Entries

Question What is the longest "OVATION" you have ever seen....???

What is the longest Ovation that you have ever seen someone receive.....? I was just thinking about a retired athlete, and the ovation he received from thousands of the most accomplished people in America. It went on and on and on. This event was to celebrate the top accomplishments of 1900 to 2000.

Funny you should ask - I heard someting either on the radio or that TV thingie the other day that stated the longest ovation ever recieved (or given depending on your point of view) was 80 minutes. For the life of me I don't recall what it was for.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I can't really say for sure. I have had the pleasure of hearing some fantastic speakers all of which got lengthy ovations. Also at several Change of Command Ceremonies and Retirements over the years. All of mine are one way or the other Military related, and was proud to be a part of them.

I guess the best one would be in 2003 I was in Honor Guard and was selected to carry the colors on the field for an Indianapolis Colts game. After the National Anthem the crowd applauded for what seemed like an eternity. All the while chanting USA!!!!! That was very moving for me.
    Last edited by doug1980; 10-29-2009 at 05:16 PM.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Found this:
    Placido Domingo in Othello Placido Domingo holds the world record for the longest ovation ever on the operatic stage: 101 curtain calls and 80 minutes of applause, in Vienna, after singing Othello on June 30, 1991.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well, that sure trumps the event I was thinking of.

Blog Entries

Don't want to put a dampener on things, but the longest ovations in the saddest possible way are those that are given to the servicemen who have lost their lives in Iraq and now Afghanistan as each funeral cortege drives through Wootton Basset.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I think most Ovations are about the same size.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Default thanks u gave ur all

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Don't want to put a dampener on things, but the longest ovations in the saddest possible way are those that are given to the servicemen who have lost their lives in Iraq and now Afghanistan as each funeral cortege drives through Wootton Basset.
    thanks winnie,to remind us that many have fallen,not just the u.s. the ovation should go for ever.