Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Living In The Remote Wilderness. . . .

Blog Entries

Default I Have Found It!!!

Wait, whats this......could it be......yet is must be.......I must tell the world my discovery......yet do I dare to believe that me of all people could have made such a discovery......yet it has to be.......who else would live in such a remote and hidden place.......It's NativeDude's Cabin in the Alaska wilderness.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    Wait, whats this......could it be......yet is must be.......I must tell the world my discovery......yet do I dare to believe that me of all people could have made such a discovery......yet it has to be.......who else would live in such a remote and hidden place.......It's NativeDude's Cabin in the Alaska wilderness.
    Oh man isnt that Sourdough's out house
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Blog Entries

Wow, it doesn't have a door does it?

No door. Must be.

The door might open in?? Hey Klkak can you check for the three different sized cedar boxes buried in the ground? One is lined in burlap, one in tin and one in copper (maybe?) That should give it away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Camp10 View Post
    The door might open in?? Hey Klkak can you check for the three different sized cedar boxes buried in the ground? One is lined in burlap, one in tin and one in copper (maybe?) That should give it away.
    I can't see the ground in this picture. There is to much vegetation growing in the way. I took the picture last summer up near Talkeetna and I don't remember seeing any burried crates.

I don't know the truth about anyone on the internet, except myself and what I post.

As it is said many times as I have seen posted by others in various groups > "Pics or it didn't happen."

Which is one more reason I have posted many pics of my remote mtn survival retreat in southern Wyoming. Possibly telling tooo much, even that it is near Battle pass, Wyoming. But No one can get up there in the winter until mid June when the snow melts. There is 7 feet of snow up there now as I can see on a website of the snow survey station which is a half mile above my mtn place.

And from mid June to Nov. when there is mostly no snow on my mtn place, then I am up there and people do not want to trespass when I am up there. And one never knows when I am around there...

And here is the link with many pics Proving what I have worked hard to build. If I was a fake I would post fancier pics of a fancy cabin etc. but here is what I share and show and tell about what I truly have done > http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=9812

And people can look at my homepage for even more pics and detailed info.

Although here is one pic of the top of my bunker showing the concrete roof, stovepipe, dead tree on top for camo etc. >

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Although I could say this is my bunker also but no one would probably believe me or that the guy in the pointy hat driving the horse cart is me either. >

Blog Entries

That looks like Bilbow Bagins house.

That looks like Bilbo Bagins house.

I guess you mean this one and not my bunker?

But to tell the truth, as I always try to do even on the net, is that yes it is Bag End - Bilbo and Frodo Baggins earth house. From the movie "The Fellowship of the Ring" which I think was one of the best movies ever made and Maybe someday I can make my own shire on my remote mountain retreat in southern Wyoming

Blog Entries
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Thanks and I have seen that before but it is a little too fancy for me.

I built my underground cabin/bunker for about $2,000 which was mostly the cost of concrete for I got the wood - dead trees free.
    BUT if I get more time and money I might do a hobbit house or two and invite some nearby hobbits, elves etc. But bears and bigfeet = Sasquatch are not welcome

Hey rwc! You hit the nail right on the head! Like you, I have always been more comfortable in the wild. Whether alone or with someone. I can't stand traffic, all the people in the way. There's just something about, working hard, and the reward of finishing the job. Especially if you like working with your hands! I live in the city, and anytime I've went to my friends grandfathers farm, I've worked my tail off, and enjoyed every minute of it.

People, will always act like your strange, when you talk about something like moving to the wild, because it means change! A big change! They can't live without all the necessities that come with everyday life. Most of them, that complain about the hard work, have never worked a hard day in their life! Trust me I work with a lot of them, and all we do is screen people into federal buildings. 20 somethings that complain their feet hurt, after 2 hours of standing! I'm only 32, but can stand at work, 12 hours without my feet bothering me. If I sit too long, my back, and legs hurt. Funny! I love chopping wood, gathering fire wood, fishing, hunting, planting crops(just to see them grow, and know I did that)! I need to learn how to can and preserve.

Don't feel like you waited too long! Maybe that's your retirement plan! Early, or regular. Doesn't matter, as long as you do! Remember, DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY! And just think if the world ever hits the Crap Fan, all those people who thought you were crazy, will be SOL!

Blog Entries

Bumping this up so's it's readily available if ND decides to come back!

Bumping this up so's it's readily available if ND decides to come back!
    I noticed he responded to the bag-balm post.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Blog Entries

I guess ND decided to avoid splaining himself.

I guess ND decided to avoid splaining himself.
    Looks that way , Elvise has left the building.

This is one of the most whacked out threads I've ever read. Ever.

Seriously, who lies about where they live? Get a life.

Pics with roads on my profile are my place...google earth somerset dam if you're really nosey.

Anyone that would lie, needs help, and if you think someone is lying, you should help...

Sick stuff. Did not realise machismo had such extremes of pointlessness... considered building up yourself rather than tearing people down?

In closing, my distance from streetlights is bigger than yours :P

Pointless... whats next... who has the biggest beard? Gun? knife? Dog?

Might be time to grow up, hey?
    my sense of self approval is bigger than yours. and I chose to be born in the most stupid country ever.

wow, someone lied on the interwebs? get out the champagne.

saddest thread ever. seriously. how far can people push their "I have abigger beard/gun/knife" bull****.

That kind of mentality is what is helping lead to the tribulation of the human race, not our recovery

If you have some balls, you know it. You don't have to drag anyone down to your petty little level.

my place is on my profile. google earth "somerset dam" if you're the nosey kind.

Complete and utter ego stroking... like being born out of the way and never choosing otherwise is some kind of evolutionary decision :P

I'm further from wash-****-ton than anyone, do I win a prize? Nah, thought not.

Time to grow up. Who has the biggest tonka toy kinda went out in 1970.
    my sense of self approval is bigger than yours. and I chose to be born in the most stupid country ever.

I plan on spending some time living in the wilderness. Weeks at a time, mabeye a month or two. If i have to bring all my own food and lots of technology at first, so be it, at least im out there It will be gradual, but soon i will learn to go out with nothing.

That's what I do. Each time I go out I rely on one less thing. Certain things are hard to do without, but others are unnecessary, especilly when you're packing it in and out.