Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Survival youtube clips

Default Survival youtube clips

Here are a few of my clips on youtube where I chat about survival.
    You might disagree and you might agree with the subject matter of the clips.
    Never the less maybe they will pass on some information or silly entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2yeh806xgE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCjc8XL-u8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcrQyoUfGAQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTfCSh4jQH4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2gtq-444co
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqT-mKPG4Sc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWKzlbXBwGM

Ralph
    DMTTofD
    D.M.T.Tof D. www.artofcombat.com

Okay after watching the first one you posted here... a couple of "Critiques" on it. The subject matter is relevant, The location is not. Try inside a building with a window that shows a similar background. That Black cloth behind you in what appears to be a van looks a bit.... spooky, like you are waiting to kidnap someone or something. The other thing you may want to consider is dropping the multiple winks at the end. For the same reason. Try and warm it up on these "chats", you might get more views than 213. I know the message you are trying to relay, that the streets can be cold and deadly if you aren't prepared. I agree, but who wants to watch a depressing video? It would give a more brotherly or Fatherly appearance if this had been done in a lit room looking at the same street scene. That you are actually "Looking out" for the audiences well-being, as opposed to appearing to be one of the ones to watch out for.
    If this is a video that you really want to get "out there" you may want to try some of my suggestions. If No one watches it,the message "dies" pretty quick.If you are going to talk about using a "walking stick/cane" give a couple of demos on how it could be used,something simple,nothing extravagant. You just want to portray the usefulness of your idea.
    One more thing. Allow comments and ratings. You may not care what people think about the video, but to most it portrays insecurity,that you are afraid of bad comments... and expect them, so you have disabled them. Remember that even bad publicity in videos will bump up number of views. Hey bad publicity helps Celebrities doesn't it?

THanks for posting.However,I see little of value to me
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

I watched all seven. I didn't agree with everything (who does) I thought there were some good tips in there. Thanks for letting us look.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I guess it depends on where you live, but it all seems a little too paranoid to me. i don't know what kind of every day situation you would run into where the need for over 200 rounds of high power ammo would be needed. i could see carrying a handgun, extra clip and knife. But that's it. Anymore is borderline psycho.

I do keep an eye on my surroundings when entering parking lots, atms, banks, stores, etc. But I don't pre-patrol the area and look for all exits. I don't go out of my way to protect myself. I just remain observant. How the hell would you ever get any shopping done?

I couldn't watch the videos all the way thru. it was too boring and seemed kinda creepy. Just being honest!

Yeah.. I agree.. the gangs, drug users, drug pushers, bad guys and the local law enforcement guys have these big scary black guns.. with lots of shiny ammo.. yeah.. you are right.. it is borderline psycho !

I was in my man truck working.. yes a very spooky black suit and yes I would assume it would scare most everyone with ideas of demons and monsters.. but really there wasn't any that night or for any other night.. LOL..

The information seems kinda.. paranoid, boring and kinda creepy.. I know.. it is scary.. I have given many.. well more than many talks in front of 100's.. of people who felt the same way. I can't tell you how many homes I've been to after families have been robbed, broken into, attacked, etc.. and they said the same thing.. the world is a beautiful place.. yeah.. until it happens.. kinda.. paranoid, boring and kinda creepy.. I know.. it is scary.. I know.. first hand.. from experience.
    To be honest.. it's all normal. Yeah just being honest !

I live in a 'real' world.
    People get killed every hour.. on the hour every where.. all around this "real" world..
    Hmmmmm interesting point of view.. feeling safe.. when you are not.
    When I go out.. mainly in the late night.. I don't see clovers, butterflys, color stars and pretty moon shaped things around my head.. Not where people are nice and pleasant to deal with when they want something that is yours or someone you care for.. and well say I am 10 or more miles from my area where I live.. meaning a safe zone.. where I have things.. I will in fact carry a BOB with equipment to allow me to survive getting back to my safe zone.
    Maybe others don't.. and maybe others do.. but in my profession I can count on the other guys.. meaning mainly bad guys who want to do me harm or the people I'm with will have some kinda creepy weapon to maybe.. end my life with..

I think it is ""factual"" that once you cross the bridge and experience horror or just a good old face pounding, someone cutting at you with a knife, faced with a gang trying to kill you, etc. etc.... you kind of change.. I find this to be true with all the many chats I have had over the years teaching with the many human beings I have had the honor to chat with..

I feel living in a city with well over 8 million humans live in... it kinda manifest some type of paranoid response and kinda creepy hairs coming up on the back of your neck... ha ha ha but never never boring.
    LOL..

It has always interest me what others see when they look at others.. gogyo..

Thanks for the interesting remarks I will take them and learn from what you have stated here...

Ralph
    DMTTofD
    Last edited by Kamiyama; 10-23-2009 at 02:06 AM.

I hope you weren't offended. I was just trying to help you reach a larger audience. I really do believe this is a scary,dangerous place. (I may know even more than you think living "on the street" and seeing things that weren't ever reported. Of those that were some were just discarded since it was dealing with "disposable humanity"-Homeless people, that not many even cared about.

Your man truck? Seriously?

I don't think the information is boring or creepy, but the presentation of that information was. You need to set the scene up better. Put yourself in a proper training atmosphere (classroom, dojo, whatever). Have some of your students there. Provide quality, properly scripted material with appropriate demonstrations. Use proper lighting tools so that you are not hidden in shadow. In short, if your going to train people, utilize proper training techniques. Watch a few mainstream exercise videos. They teach different principles, but much of what they do can be effectively modeled into other training scenarios.

Your final video did a little better in this regard... at least at the beginning, it crapped out before it ended however, so I didn't see your final conclusion.

In general, the impression I got was that you were trying for an atmosphere like that of a seasoned, uniformed official, on a "stake-out," trying to impress years of hard-fought street wisdom on his impressionable young new recruit. But, what it really felt like was more like Paul Blart, Mall Cop (on steroids) as he tried to explain to the new guy how to appear to have a gun, "which, of course... you don't"

Some other random thoughts I had (some of which have already been mentioned):
    • Don't wink at the camera. Ever.
    • Don't wave your hand at the camera. Actually, be more aware of and control all of your hand and facial gestures (i.e. don't rub your chin, etc).
    • Lose the shiny skull ring.
    • Teach principles, not opinions.
    • Use pre-thought-out, legitimate examples. I'll bet I can count on one hand (and still have fingers left over) the number of people in the nation who bit their own lip so as to be able to spit blood at someone last year.
    • No one needs an AR15 with 8-10, 30 round magazines just to go across any town in the USA; not even Dallas.
    • Your "Bug Out Bag" is more like an urban combat kit, not a survival kit. If you were to get into an armed confrontation and I was on the jury that had to decide your fate, having all that stuff with you would make me think you were out looking for trouble. You would have a harder time convincing me that you truly acted in self defense.
    • Real men should not be running around in spandex shorts.
    • Why are you wearing a uniform?
    • What's with the binoculars?
    • If your going to present a concept ("sheeple, piggie people, sheep dogs, and woofies"), then actually present it. Don't assume that people "already know how its broken down."
    • Be careful of how you present your political views about immigrants. Judging by your appearance, I doubt your family is of Native American descent. That means you too are of immigrant stock - which means at some point, people accepted your foreign family's coming from somewhere else too. Ranting about it now makes you seem a bit hypocritical.

O.K. this got longer than I intended, but you did have seven videos.
    Last edited by lucznik; 10-23-2009 at 11:15 AM.

What Pal said, me too.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

lucznik, wow thanks.. just awesome advice.. well done.. I'll really take all of these insights into consideration and see you can tell how experienced and knowledgeable some people really have with a such a variety of subjects.
    **lucznik "You" do ask a lot of questions for such with such a judgmental post.. hmmmm ??????

Well.. No I have well over 350 clips on youtube.. but oh well.. Hey I know one thing.. I will be VERY careful from now on.

Take care,
    Ralph
    DMTTofD
    Last edited by Kamiyama; 10-23-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiyama View Post
    **lucznik "You" do ask a lot of questions for such with such a judgmental post.. hmmmm ??????
    Yes, you’re probably right; I probably am being a bit judgmental in this. I am sorry if that offends you but, I tend to call things as I see them.

As I’ve thought about the videos during my lunch break there are a few other issues that I either failed to address or didn’t address quite adequately. I’d like to visit these issues briefly.

In your videos you advocate that each individual should have themselves an AR with 8-10 30-rd magazines plus you later describe having at least 200 rounds of extra ammo in their vehicle. That’s at least 500 rounds of high-power ammo, ready to “rock and roll” as the saying goes. You also spend an inordinate amount of time discussing the need to have 2 pistols (primary + backup) and numerous reloads for each. However, your videos totally neglect some very important issues:

1. Nowhere in any of the 7 videos you posted do you suggest, imply, instruct, or otherwise mention that people should acquire proper weapons-handling training so that they are safe, both to themselves and to the public at large, in the way the operate these tools.
    2. Nowhere in any of the 7 videos you posted do you discuss in any way the need for a person who goes out armed to know, understand, and abide by the legal restrictions governing the handling of firearms. Nor do you discuss the need to understand and be able to identify the difference between the proper and improper uses of deadly force or the severe ethical, moral, and legal ramifications involved in its use. Instead you wink, twitch your eyebrows, and grin at the camera as if it were all just fun and games. Talk to any cop or soldier you can find and they will confirm with you that just about anytime they have training in weapons use, they also discuss properly identifying under what circumstances those weapons can (and cannot) be legally and properly used.
    3. In talking about pistol choice you state that you prefer a .45 for defensive use and a 9mm for offensive uses. Now, ignoring for the moment the whole .45 vs. 9mm discussion; let me focus your attention on one very important word you used. “Offensive.” Except for some (very few) circumstances handled by the military and/or Law Enforcement (which is not representative of your Youtube audience); there are NO legitimate “OFFENSIVE” uses for firearms against other people.

If people follow what you suggest in the videos, one of three things is bound to happen.

1. Someone is going to be needlessly hurt or killed.
    2. Someone is going to go to jail for improper use of firearms.
    3. Both of the above.
    Last edited by lucznik; 10-23-2009 at 03:34 PM.

Blog Entries

My first feeling was, during and after watching these, that this stuff you explain about guns and gas masks and BUG SPRAY, has nothing to do with real life. I don't mean to offend you at all, but thats no being prepared, that is being seriously paranoid! Just how I feel about that stuff...
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

Personally, I didn't get it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

The same feeling I got, or the idea of the clips?
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

Sorry. The idea of the clips. I've traveled all over Dallas and a number of other cities in the day time and night time and I've never seen a reason to carry the stuff he mentions. Certainly there are places in any city you don't need to travel in and you could be a victim just about anywhere but common sense, being alert to your surroundings and listening to your own internal red flags will go a long way in keeping you safe.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Funny opinions and judgement coming from a survival forum.
    In my opinion.. hope this doesn't offend anyone.. seems like most here are already beaten down and give up on the idea of survival.
    If not that then maybe brainwashed into submission to turn the other cheek.. or maybe give the attacker a big warm hug.. hoo hoo !

lucznik I have to tell you like it is.. you are funny..
    Talk to a cop or soldier?
    Silly assumptions again.. ? hmmmm ?
    Be honest were you joking or being funny?

Hey guys.. LOL.. come on.. no one offended me.. its all good.
    I can understand you point of view from your responses.

Rick, I see you make money off survival stuff or promote survival stuff.. right?
    Why?
    Family Disaster Plan
    Personal Assessment
    Home Assessment
    Monthly Vehicle Checklist
    Doesn't even balance out with what you are saying to do.. do you really believe in what you are saying?
    These subjects state the opposite of your post.

NCO, Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.
    So what you are saying is?
    It is not natural to train, be ready, have a plan, equipment for survival?
    Hmmmm ?
    It is the basic nature of human beings to survive.
    Please correct me if I misunderstand your saying but it seems like you are a hypocrite in what you are confessing.

Good Luck again,
    Ralph
    DMTTofD
    Last edited by Kamiyama; 10-23-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Well....I don't know if you understand or not. Perhaps. I'm not beaten down, I certainly haven't given up and I'm not one to turn the other cheek too often. I think you and I just have different ideas on what we need to get from point A to point B. I have my CCW and my BOB I just don't choose to carry a gas mask and some of the other stuff.

I didn't understand the uniform or why you chose the "man truck" to do the filming in. I didn't understand the significance of either. I found myself wondering about the whole setup rather than really paying attention to the message. So I guess I found it distracting. I had to go back and listen to the first one a second time to get past the "staging".

Maybe I should go back and watch the other 6. Honestly after the first I decided that it was uninformative and spooky. "Turned me off" to whatever was on the other 6. But judging from what others here have said, I'm glad I trusted my "Gut feeling". Just being honest.
    Kamiyama from what I have seen of your posts, You seem to really be a Troll. A well behaved Troll mind you,but a Troll nonetheless. From the Threads you have started and the posts you have made, it seems that you really like ticking people off. Is that the sole reason you come here? I have yet to see anything from you of real importance in terms of what this Forum is about-WILDERNESS SURVIVAL. But I'll tell you this - at least I'll come up front and tell you man-to-man that,that is what I believe. It seems that your real agenda here is to antagonize folks. You post a thread, knowing that others do not agree with, hoping to get a reaction. When you get that negative reaction you are looking for, You then start criticizing those that you have baited. From what I have seen here you are no martial artist that I would want to have anything to do with. You are on the "attack" in a Passive-Agressive way almost everytime you post. You need to see a Doctor and get something for your nerves... a chill pill. I would not train with you if the price was 5˘ a year,with a 1 hour class every day. You have absolutely nothing of value to offer me. As a Matter of fact you remind me of someone else that did pretty much the same thing here. The main difference being that they did offer stuff about survival.

Poco my friend - watch the vids if you choose and refute the material in them. No need to get too personal.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

i didnt care fot these clips at all.

to be honest i have to wonder if youre just making a joke or trying to make people angry.

500 rounds for an AR-15 on top of a .45 and a 9mm everywhere you go?
    seems a tad much to me.

but anyway, heres a scarey bat smiley...just because i like him.