Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannibalism

When you're hungry (to the extent you're dying) your mind in a very impressive device that can play tricks on you to help cope with a disturbing thought, to include masking a taste.
    Although I have no experience eating brains (of anything) its quite common in many other cultures. But I have a hard time believing they taste good, or like anything I'd want to eat. But taste, based on your diet is highly subjective.
    I would if at all possible just stick to meat (i.e. muscle), that is an area in which I feel most comfortable. Having not tasted any humans myself, I can only surmise that whether carnivore, herbivore, or human - all land based mammals will taste 'about' the same.

I would be apt to swallow without chewing or tasting, but if I'm not mistaken, your body has a difficult time digesting things that aren't broken down. And that also eats up calories?!

In City Slicker's II they make a joke, where, for-benefit-of-the-group Phils' idea (should he die first) is "Eat me!" to where Mitch pretends to enjoy the predicament stating, "Mmmm! Is there any more Phil? Mmm He's even good cold! Great party...thanks to Phil"

Blog Entries

Screw it I'll say it although this is an old thread. In an extreme survival situation and you were the weakest and dying or had just died. I'm guttiing your a** and putting you on a spit over the fire. Cook your a** till your well done and fill my gut. I ain't no zombie brain eater so that I ain't eating. Thigh meat will last, bicep and tricep, liver and other organs etc. Sorry but if its an extreme survival situation and that is all I got then I'm munch'n out. Stay alert... Stay Alive
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Blog Entries

The dude that started this thread seems to be worrying quite a bit, think he's seen the movie "the day after tomorrow" one too many times. But it is a good topic as it could happen in a severe winter storm, or plane crash in the mountains (didn't that really happen)
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Blog Entries

Naw screw'em I'm eating everyone who dies, save the found foods and man-jerky for the attempted trek out

I think it is good to always have a vegitarian in your group grazers always have a better taste than meat eaters.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Default Not in your lifetime

What MrFlibble is describing is not going to happen in our lifetime... so why worry about that. So just stock up on supplies and get prepared for the other types of survival situations that are more plausible. Eathquakes, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, possible terrorist attacks etc. etc. etc.

At any rate, even if major freeze over does occur, I think it would happen so slowly that there would be ample warning of it waaaayyyy ahead of time. Lets apply some common sense to this. We are not the Donners and we are not in the movie Soylent Green. Sheesh.
    Last edited by woodwose; 11-04-2007 at 08:36 PM.

What Solyent green was about was less about canabilism and more on what goverments are wiling to stoop to in order to keep the masses peaceful. Most people keep their preparation quite because of the nae sayers who travel from pasture to pasture and doen't admit that the wolves might be a problem. If a person want's to do worst case senario good for them A GREAT CATASTROPHY CAN HAPPEN AT THE PUSH OF A BUTTON.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by HOP View Post
    What Solyent green was about was less about canabilism and more on what goverments are wiling to stoop to in order to keep the masses peaceful. Most people keep their preparation quite because of the nae sayers who travel from pasture to pasture and doen't admit that the wolves might be a problem. If a person want's to do worst case senario good for them A GREAT CATASTROPHY CAN HAPPEN AT THE PUSH OF A BUTTON.
    I was referring to the plot idea of that movie that soylent green was processed human bodies used as food, not the political statement.

not touching this one lol

Chief Executive Officer of All Operations

Honestly i couldn't eat another person. but if i had to you could bet i would avoid the dank.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    In an extreme survival situation and you were the weakest and dying or had just died. I'm guttiing your a** and putting you on a spit over the fire.
    What if somebody is the weakest but not dying or at least no closer to death then you are?

Good twist to the topic owl_girl...
    Was trying to stay out of this topic as I can only imagine what I would do in this surivival situation, but I dont think I would?
    ~Earth receives foot and paw, hoof and claw with equal grace. But it is the way of the wild not to overstep...let's leave no trace that wind, rain and snow cannot erase~

Quote Originally Posted by owl_girl View Post
    What if somebody is the weakest but not dying or at least no closer to death then you are?

Then I guess it is survival of the fittest LOL you fight it out and then whomever loses the fight...well you get the picture,but I myself will be out looking for REAL food and that does not include human flesh.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Eat another human. That depends! Is she good looking? She has to be willing too? She will let me know where to start!

Sorry! I just had too! I will now go to my room.
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Then I guess it is survival of the fittest LOL you fight it out and then whomever loses the fight...well you get the picture.
    Lol they’d win since it’s against my religion to kill anyone and same goes for eating people. Also its likely that they’d be physically stronger then me which is why I asked the question (which was directed at everyone not just Beo) Anyway I think I’m going to watch this thread a little longer before I answer Sarge’s thread “if you could have anybody” lol.

Quote Originally Posted by owl_girl View Post
    Lol they’d win since it’s against my religion to kill anyone and same goes for eating people. Also its likely that they’d be physically stronger then me which is why I asked the question (which was directed at everyone not just Beo) Anyway I think I’m going to watch this thread a little longer before I answer Sarge’s thread “if you could have anybody” lol.
    I agree with you for the most part owl_girl,with the exception that I will kill someone if I am or my family is in danger,otherwise,killing because I can or for the sake of killing is against my religion also,animals on the other hand I do believe strongly that they were put on this earth to benefit man,for food ,clothing,and labor.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I can respect that.

The only thing I can add to this discussion is to recommend the book "in the heart of the sea" by Nathaniel Philibeck. It is one of the few regretable non fiction stories of the whaleship "Essex" and the survival story. A very gripping and disturbing book.

Protector Of The Land MedicineWolf's Avatar

I'm with Beowulf, your weak and dying or just died I'm quarting you up. What I think he met was weak & dying not just weak, but then again who knows what lurks in the mind of Beowulf... lol... he's a freak... lol... my bro but a freak

I seperate cannibalism into 3 classes:

Emergency: like the Andies where you do to survive. You do it after all other sources are exhausted, and still takes great effort to see it through. As a last resort, to extend your life and augment your chances of being rescued or surviving.

Pre-meditated: where you plan to eat another human; I have several friends who were "guest" in the Gulag system. When and where they could escape, it was always done in 3's, 2 stronger and a weaker one as the ration. They would die anyways so they tried the best they could to make a break for freedom in the only way they new.

Ritualistic: where certain body parts of fallen enemies were eaten in ceremony to acquire those characteristics that your tribe admired or wanted to preserve in yourself. ei: heart
    My people practised this as a matter ceremony.
    Last edited by carcajou garou; 11-12-2007 at 03:01 PM. Reason: can't spell
    To thyne self be true