Thread: I had a thought the other day ( OUCH!!!)

Default I had a thought the other day ( OUCH!!!)

I was at the store this week, and while in the pharmacy dept. I came across a product that got me thinking. Quik-clot now comes in a two pack of little sponge applicators marketed for nose bleeds. I am looking at these things and thinking. How many times have people bought something like Quick-clot in the normal size package and not used it because it was to much for a cut, or because of the cost of the product. I mean I see people buy those emergncy ponchos that cost less than a dollar and stand in the rain getting soaked because they are saving it for a real need, or whatever reason.
    I like this item because it is a useful size for most cuts.
    Thanks for listening to my thoughts.
    -Sam

I haven't seen it in that size. The only reason (so far) that I've carried it is to stop severe bleeding (arterial). I'll have to take a look at those. Thanks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I've seen it and frankly, I think it's a product in search of a market. The whole reasoning behind hemostatic agents is to keep you alive long enough to obtain competent medical help. A nose bleed, in most cases, can be controlled by pinching the nostrils together and leaning the head back or jamming some tissue in your nose. If you want a product to control scrapes and minor cuts just get a styptic pencil.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I've seen it and frankly, I think it's a product in search of a market. The whole reasoning behind hemostatic agents is to keep you alive long enough to obtain competent medical help. A nose bleed, in most cases, can be controlled by pinching the nostrils together and leaning the head back or jamming some tissue in your nose. If you want a product to control scrapes and minor cuts just get a styptic pencil.
    I was thinking more along the lines of a deep cut that might not need a large size Quick-clot. I agree that the common nose bleed would not seem to warrant the use of a clotting agent like this. I was also making a point that sometimes a smaller package might get used more readily.
    -Sam