Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is your Favorite .45 pistol

Blog Entries

Glock 21...What else is there?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    American by birth, Patriot by choice!

Quote Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
    Glock 21...What else is there?
    Can't argue there but a stainless Sig 220 ain't no slouch either. Glock reliability in Cadillac trim. Now that is real nice. I'd have a real hard time choosing between the two in all honesty. Glocks and Sigs are simply the best combat pistols the world has ever seen IMO. Stay safe, Brother.

Hmmp , 1911 is the only .45 for adult usage
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    Hmmp , 1911 is the only .45 for adult usage
    "Adult" = Dinosaurs . When modern warriors get malfunctions from tired technology and antique design, the ones still alive graduate to Glock and Sig . Calm down and reholster that 1911 down before the operator gets hurt . Just picking with Ya. The 1911 is entirely adequate for most tasks . Stay safe, Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdraino View Post
    Tie between the Springfield XD Compact, and the Kahr PM45.
    Tomorrow I finally go and do annual qualifications with my PM45. It will be the most rounds it has had through it since I've had it, haven't had the time or the money to practice much with it before now. Looking forward to seeing how I score!
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

Quote Originally Posted by glockcop View Post
    "Adult" = Dinosaurs . When modern warriors get malfunctions from tired technology and antique design, the ones still alive graduate to Glock and Sig . Calm down and reholster that 1911 down before the operator gets hurt . Just picking with Ya. The 1911 is entirely adequate for most tasks . Stay safe, Brother.
    Those "modern warriors" you mention had those issues because they were either taught wrong by the Dinosaurs, our as kids are wont to do, they slept through their lessons. Mmmm,, the 1911 is the best for all. It has kept my mangy hide relatively intact for over 30 years. Now stuff that in your pipe and smoke it Stay safe
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

Those "modern warriors" you mention had those issues because they were either taught wrong by the Dinosaurs, our as kids are wont to do, they slept through their lessons. Mmmm,, the 1911 is the best for all. It has kept my mangy hide relatively intact for over 30 years. Now stuff that in your pipe and smoke it Stay safe
    It don't smoke anymore but I will have a beer instead. Here is a toast, "To all GREAT PISTOLS namely Glock and Sig....even the OK ones like the 1911....May they keep us safe when called upon....even the antique ones" . Man, you would think after being around for 100 years the "dinosaurs" could teach the complex manual of arms of the 1911 more effectively. Modern pistols are alot easier to teach and learn with. Nowadays the malfunction drills have been cut down dramatically . I don't know about in your time SO LONG AGO but in my more modern teaching/training sleeping is not tolerated in the classroom or in the field. Thank God for simple / modern pistol designs and diligent, up to date instructors . We still love those old guys and their obsolite pistols though. I always carry a back up piece at work so I can loan one to a "dinosaur" when his outdated pistol chokes. We got Ya back, Brother . Reminder: Pal, I am still just playing with Ya .

To all the new guys...Dod't trust anything with a swinging link lock up, barrel bushing, grip safety, or sounds like a baby's rattle.
    Last edited by glockcop; 11-19-2009 at 11:15 AM.

What is your Favorite .45
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_rWlBfGLe0
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

My favorite .45 pistol is the "460 S&W Magnum". I would love to have a Lever action carbine chamered for it.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Here is one I have been contemplating. Is a revolver, S&W 325,, simple and easy for an old F**t like me
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D18%26um%3D1
    Last edited by Pal334; 08-07-2010 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    My favorite .45 pistol is the "460 S&W Magnum". I would love to have a Lever action carbine chamered for it.
    Here's a combo that's available:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=147462160

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=146409083

For your pocket: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=146809749

Here is one I have been contemplating. Is a revolver, S&W 325,, simple and easy for an old F**t like me
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D18%26um%3D1
    Pal, I may shock you with this but I have nothing against a good revolver. In fact I really enjoy some range time with an accurate wheel gun. I guess the revolver is a weapon we can agree on . I would rather have a partner with a revolver that he knows how to use it over a partner that can't hit the bad guy with his auto. All the rounds in the world coun't for sh*t if they don't hit the target. I find most novice shooters perform better with a revolver than an auto. That S&W revolver is bad a$$. Good call blind gun for predators. And Pal, I hope you realize that I'm just giving you a hard time with all the "old" stuff. I'm not getting any younger either . More times than not "old" means "seasoned". Take care, Brother.
    Last edited by glockcop; 11-20-2009 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I bet that was quite a surprise the first time you pulled the trigger.
    Well, It Was A Little Baffling At First. My Dad Thought I Didn't Think I Loaded All 7 Rounds. So He Fired It. Then The Range Master Came Over And He Knew Exactly What Was Up. He Said In Vietnam It Was Common Too. Thats Where He Learned To Do It.
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived."

-George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdraino View Post
    Tomorrow I finally go and do annual qualifications with my PM45. It will be the most rounds it has had through it since I've had it, haven't had the time or the money to practice much with it before now. Looking forward to seeing how I score!
    Shot a 75 day (worst I've ever shot), and a 92 night. Gun takes some getting used to. Did have some malfunctions, but I'm thinking (hoping) it was either due to me using the cheapest ammo I could get my hands on, and/or the Kahr still being in its break-in period.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2