Thread: Turkey time

Default Turkey time

Well here is my brothers turkey. They filled three tags today. I will try and get more photos when they get home from the hunt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice looking bird,congrats.Filling three tags in one day is a good day.I only get two tags a year.One tom during the spring and a tom or hen during the fall season.The problem with the fall season is that the zone I live in does not have a fall season.The closest zone that does is about an houre and a half away.
    Joe
    Red meat is good for you.Its the green furry meat you have to worry about.

Nice bird! I keep trying to get a few at one time while driving down the road...suckers are smarter than deer,they see a truck coming and take off the other way,not in the direction I am driving!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Banned

turkeys aren't smarter than deer Nell just more jumpy and scared.
    A friend of mine in Kentucky just did the near impossible. He harvested a turkey from a treestand with a recurve bow.

that is indeed a fine bird. may it feed people who appreciate both the luxury and effort of taking wild game.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Mmmmmm. Those babies are good deep fried in peanut oil and creol butter and seasoning.
    -Frank

Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers. (African Proverb)

Updating website! Stop by and tell me what you think!

When we were camping, I got close enough I could've used a bow. Granted it would be a long shot but 20 yds is do-able if you are good with a bow.

Blog Entries

I wonder how hard it would be with the atlatl that Candid made.
    -Frank

Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers. (African Proverb)

Updating website! Stop by and tell me what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierArcher
    He harvested a turkey from a treestand with a recurve bow.
    How did the turkey get in the treestand and why did it have a bow?!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    How did the turkey get in the treestand and why did it have a bow?!
    Yeah....and if that turkey had had a gun, the outcome may have been very different!
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I hate gun toating turkeys.Turkeys are sneaky little SOB's.The last think we need is for them to be armed too.Its bad enough that they have spurs.
    Joe
    Red meat is good for you.Its the green furry meat you have to worry about.

See there. Gun confiscation in practice. It's starts with the turkeys. Who's next in your little "I'm with Big Brother" book? Hmmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    See there. Gun confiscation in practice. It's starts with the turkeys. Who's next in your little "I'm with Big Brother" book? Hmmmmmm?
    Caaaalllm down, calm down,.....we just want them to regester their guns, so that we make sure where the guns are. You know....not in the hands of evil turkeys.

...and we will be stopping by, to make sure they are keeping them locked up......you know, so the baby turkeys don't shoot themselves.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"