Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thermarest SQUIRTS....How to keep pad under bag...????

There are benefits to being old. There's some things you've learned not to do.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

i have only taken a couple girls camping in my life, first one was from jackson hole wyoming, a true outdoors girl, and i didn't give it much thought, second one was a city girl and the first one i ever lived with, took her camping in february in the norht part of sedona, a nice campground but a campground none the less should have taken her to the southern one in sedona, much warmer,poor girl had a miserable time, but at least i got to camp in the mountains there after in peice
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

My son and his better half are waking up in Zion National Park this morning. Somewhere in the back country.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

In the last few years we have been using an expanding mesh that is rubberized, meant to keep shelving items cushioned or as a protector inbetween say a... TV and a nicely finished table top.
    Bear Clan

I was born with nothing,
    with hard work and deligence I still have most of it
    this week a lot less...must be a hole in my pocket

put the thema rest inside your sleeping bag. it stays put and keeps you much warmer

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    put the thema rest inside your sleeping bag. it stays put and keeps you much warmer
    Mummy Bag, has no room for Therma'rest.

I don't have that problem with mine. I do suggest that you expel a small amount of air from your therm-a-rest. Makes it softer and therefore you sink into it not sliding on top of it.

Default thermarest attachments

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Nylon tent floor, Nylon ThermaRest self inflating pad, and Nylon Shell on sleeping Bag. The Pad squirts out like a watermelon seed. How do YOU avoid the problem.....?

A thermarest needs protection from sharp things and a ground sheet is a
    good thing.
    I use a bag with a down coat in it for a pillow.
    To keep me on the pad I sewed two pockets on the ground sheet to put the pad and sleeping bag into, one for my legs and one for the pillow.
    I am too long for the pad and never could keep the pillow from sliding away or comming off the pad.
    I have since added hoops to keep a mosquito net in place. It turns out to be an almost bivy.
    In winter I use a thermarest chair attachment to sit in the snow in front of my stove.
    Why carry a shelter, tarp or tent if you can't shut out the weather, cook and eat inside with a chimney and get warm and dry?

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    A tent is what "Real'Men" reside in. Men of class & much smarts. Barbarians sleep in stick & mud hovels.
    ...and hairy footed hobbits like my mother-in-law.. wait, she sleeps under a bridge and makes me answer riddles...

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    ... never thought of bringing a woman to the bush just for sex, even if i did it wouldn't be at a party in a tent
    I always bring one as a source of heat. my wife blows enough hot air to melt an igloo. makes a cozy camping trip on cold nights

Quote Originally Posted by tsitenha View Post
    In the last few years we have been using an expanding mesh that is rubberized, meant to keep shelving items cushioned or as a protector inbetween say a... TV and a nicely finished table top.
    on a serious note, this stuff is real cheap at dollar stores and craft stores. It has lots of uses in places where you don't want stuff to slide. The dash of your car or toilet seat in the summer...
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures