Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unstable, bitter ex-employees

Default Unstable, bitter ex-employees

So last year I hire this guy, seemed like a good guy, but turned out to be sort of an ***.

The guys at work didn't like him, customers didn't like him and he did a crappy job. He eventually quit and got a new job. Everybody is happy right?

Well not quite.

This guy is bitter as hell about quitting He glares a me when he passes. A very disturbing trend. I could care less.

I go hunting last week and passed him on the highway as he was taking a canoe out of the water. I went about 15 km down the road and began hunting grouse down some trail off the dirt road. Lo and behold there he appears driving down the trail glaring at me in the middle of the bush. Of all the places for him to go hunting he chose the same trail I was on. You need to understand there are less than 10,000 people within 150km radius of me. Bush everywhere, but he chose to follow me down that road.

I view that as a threat. I suspect if my two kids weren't with me there would have been a confrontation. Not good with two armed people.

Today he confronts me on the street and says he wants to fight! Says I was an *** hole and treated him poorly, I forced him to get another job that pays more than I make. Like I care!

Do I go to the police and prevent the inevitable showdown?

I don't understand why he is mad at you for him quitting and getting a job that pays more. Seems stupid to me. Guess you could get a restraining order on him.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

I would file a report if nothing else there will be a record of his actions if it leads up to more of a conflict.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

I would think the threat warrants a Restraining Order. It not only puts him on notice that he could be arrested but that you don't intend to put up with his stupidity.

http://www.lawsociety.nt.ca/PublicLe...3/Default.aspx
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Red Lake - I too would file a report and get a restraining order. He does not seem stable, and if he is willing to confront you while you are with your children that crosses any line of deserving the benefit of the doubt.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

What a goof ball. A restraining order does no good with a guy like this...he's off his rocker and he will look at it as just another "injustice" done by you against him. I say get the order, but be prepared to defend you and your family.

Go to the police, file a report and get a restraining order. If he is pissed now just think how pissed he'll be when he won't be able to confront you without being thrown in jail.
    I know what hunts you.

or while he's sitting in jail contemplating the error of his ways.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I would file a report. I would also carry buckshot and slugs when hunting, bear defense and all if anyone asks. My brothers and I had a long running feud with guys who ran the same woods as we did on occasion. We were there to hunt and trap, they to hunt, trap, steal traps, and grow drugs. I never left to go hunting at that time without buck and slugs. Mac
    The Colhane Channel TV for guys like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    or while he's sitting in jail contemplating the error of his ways.
    i doubt it. guys that over the rainbow dont contemplate the errors of their ways. it might piss him off more. than he might be even more of a threat when he gets out.
    Come share my fire.

I guess where y'all are restraining orders are easier to get. I tried to get one against someone once and was told that unless they were an ex-GF, ex-wife, or family member I couldn't get one. So I told them up front don't be surprised if they had to arrest me for defending myself, and was told that could be arranged. Haven't been back since. So much for "Serve and Protect". If I'm going to be arrested for self defense, no sense giving them advance warning. I'm sure glad someone has a justice system that works.

Don't mess around with this
    File the report and get the ball rolling.
    An OOP will come easy and will help any future confrontations.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by wooly; 10-01-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: advised to

that sounds pretty petty to me, but i guess some people hold onto their grudges rather tightly.

his following you to your trail is an overt threat. his challenging you to a fight is an overt threat. if you could get any future threats documented, you might be able to get an RO/OP. until then, i wouldn't hold much hope for that route.

might i suggest avoidance, and a policy of non-confrontation. at the least, it'll force him to show more intent in trying to start a confrontation.

if you ever have to protect yourself from a physical threat, having a documented record of your aggressor's behavior is not likely to hurt your case. i doubt it will come to that, but i'm sure you understand that some people are simply dangerous.

i only have one former employment i'm bitter about, but that wouldn't stop me from wishing the boss the best.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Definently get a restraining order, make notes of times and places and threats, gather names of witnesses, ect. I know from personal experience that restraining orders tend to piss some people off, and it's not a physical barrier. But it's good to get everything documented now, JUST IN CASE.
    ~T
    Cheer up, the worst is yet to come.

Careful there, Wooly. That document is readable. You might want to black out some of it.

I'm curious, as to what you are going to do at home. Do you just hope, that if, god forbid, this nut comes into your house to harm you, you'll have time to get out a gun, load it, then get the trigger lock off of it, to protect yourself and your family?

I guess so, because I remember you saying, that you would be OK with the police doing a random search of your house, and taking guns that were not stored like the gov't says they should be.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

what's a trigger lock? or an unloaded gun..?

i only unload my firearms when minors come over.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    what's a trigger lock? or an unloaded gun..?

i only unload my firearms when minors come over.
    I'm with you!

I was refering to a post that Red Lake made. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...466#post158466
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Default Right On

Quote Originally Posted by az51 View Post
    What a goof ball. A restraining order does no good with a guy like this...he's off his rocker and he will look at it as just another "injustice" done by you against him. I say get the order, but be prepared to defend you and your family.
    A piece of paper won't stop a nut. Clean his clock, that's better than trying to play defense. A restraining order will just get him POed and you gotta think about your family. Just get him to throw or attempt to harm you in front of witnesses. Here, we and the judge call it self defense and he's paid for even if the restraining order isn't worth a dime. I may sound a little crude but
    I was raised to do anything to protect me and my family and not play defense.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Careful there, Wooly. That document is readable. You might want to black out some of it.

Ooooops.....

Not sure how to make it any prettier