Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey all you Lurkers!!!!

Blog Entries

Default Hey all you Lurkers!!!!

Always see ya guys and gals reading... why don'tcha join us we need more victims... I mean members for more points of view.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Blog Entries

And new topics to learn and teach too.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Yeah....don't just hang around the edge of the treeline wondering...who wants to be the first one to take a step into those darky and hairy woods?
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

We don't bite... well not over the internet anyway. Well maybe some of us have figured out how to... but not me.... grrrrrunch gobble gobble.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    We don't bite... well not over the internet anyway. Well maybe some of us have figured out how to... but not me.... grrrrrunch gobble gobble.
    Who says we dont bite????LOL
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I try to only bite back... so's I can say i didn't start it

Quote Originally Posted by spiritman View Post
    I try to only bite back... so's I can say i didn't start it
    Starting it is half the fun!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I enjoy reading what you guys have to say, but seldom feel that I have much to contribute that doesn't feel like "yeah, what he said". I wish I could get out more and really practice survivalism, but the reality of it is that I have a regular day job, a wife who has to camp out of a car for health reasons (no hiking), and I'm a weenie and don't like camping in the cold (so that shoots down september through april for camping). I have a couple of areas that I'm extremely interested in learning more about, though, and I keep hoping someone would post or talk about them (stone knapping knives and arrow points, and bowmaking from start to finish).

So, there I am, all sticking my neck out and stuff.
    /resume lurk

Bitting? Don't you need teeth for that? Well that lets me out.

When I have something worth saying, I'll let you know! Till them I will sit quietly in my corner, quilting a new scarf out of bob-wire and bailing wire.

Hey someone has to make the Christmas gifts for the inlaws and outlaws!

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

I think the lurkers have seen how some newbies are attacked by the "click",Yes I know the play on words of "Like minded people",but I'm sure most are afraid to join because of something they feel would just be attacked.Does this detour me?No.At the same time I don't see much compassion or understanding of others views.
    Good healthy debate are always a good thing.Yet I see a lot of these same attackers time and time again just lasing out on people and yet most I have seen there photos in one of the post here and I have to say."And not trying to be Insulting",but most of them wouldn't last a week out in the bush in a real survival scenario.
    Most of the ones doing the most attacking are so out of shape you would just be a liability IMHO.
    If we were ever in a real survival scenario I would just pat you on the shoulder and say "Good luck my friend" as I left you behind.
    There is a reason they say "The body is a temple".
    Also this mind set is not a survival mind set at all.The number one weapon in a survival situation is your mind.
    As they also say in the Marines "A Marine is only as good as his mind and body will take him"!
    No I have not been attacked on here and yes I was one of the lurkers for a very long time before I decided to join.
    Why did I?Well just thought it was time to put my self out there more then for someone to just see (guest).
    I see that we have 5000 pulse members,but I would like to also know how many of them are still active?
    Am I bashing the Forum?No not at all.I just find it hypocritical that some do a lot of judgment calls with out even trying to get to know or understand the person there attacking is all.
    Sorry for the rant.
    Dime
    Last edited by Ssgt_DimeBag; 03-31-2011 at 02:16 AM.

Just out of curiosity what do you base theses comments on?

"Yet I see a lot of these same attackers time and time again just lasing out on people
    "but most of them wouldn't last a week out in the bush in a real survival scenario."
    "Most of the ones doing the most attacking are so out of shape you would just be a liability IMHO."

I am just trying to understand better your point I guess.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    Just out of curiosity what do you base theses comments on?

"Yet I see a lot of these same attackers time and time again just lasing out on people
    "but most of them wouldn't last a week out in the bush in a real survival scenario."
    "Most of the ones doing the most attacking are so out of shape you would just be a liability IMHO."

I am just trying to understand better your point I guess.
    Well not to turn this into some P***ing match,but here is just some examples.
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...show-your-self
    Here you can just take a look for your self.

Here is the latest one.As I say in my defense that I also was a lurker for quite awhile before joining.This poor kid was attacked instead of getting constructive criticism.
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ant-to-do-this
    Once again there are other post of the same.Just feel that maybe some should have taken into account that the poor boy sounds to have troubles that others should not have passed such a harsh judgment on him so quickly is all.
    Forums are like churches people come and go till they find the one that is going to be most welcoming.
    Last edited by Ssgt_DimeBag; 03-31-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Banned

You talkin About Me ?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBag333 View Post
    Well not to turn this into some P***ing match,but here is just some examples.
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...show-your-self
    Here you can just take a look for your self.

Here is the latest one.As I say in my defense that I also was a lurker for quite awhile before joining.This poor kid was attacked instead of getting constructive criticism.
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ant-to-do-this
    Once again there are other post of the same.Just feel that maybe some should have taken into account that the poor boy sounds to have troubles that others should not have passed such a harsh judgment on him so quickly is all.
    Fourms are like churches people come and go till they find the one that is going to be most welcoming.

I guess those examples can be interpreted as you have.

Still curious about the other remarks

.45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    You talkin About Me ?

LOL
    LMAO!That is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    I guess those examples can be interpreted as you have.

Still curious about the other remarks

Well sir to be frank some I see are so over weight that anyone could tell that you are a liability in a survival scenario.
    Do you really feel a man that is about 300 345 is going to last long humping off a mountain,or swimming a channel,or packing 45 pounds of gear?
    Your mind means nothing if your body will not let you perform the most basic of functions to survive.I call this a heart attack waiting to happen.
    Just walking the local park trail and snapping a picture does not put you in to the "hone survival skills area".
    If your over weight it just adds to the liability.
    As we all know even the most fit of people have found there selfs in a life or death situation that almost killed them.
    Sports players,mountain climbers,rock climbers,former military on an outing with there child.Etc.
    Were not just talking about some natural disaster that you only have to sit and wait for help.
    The title of the forum is "Wilderness Survival" and frankly the one that bash the most I have seen photos of them and feel they would never last just in the shape that there in.
    If your asking to post there photos or name names?I'm not.I'm sure you mouse works as well as mine does.
    From my point this was one of the reasons that I stayed a "Lurker" for a bit.
    Last edited by Ssgt_DimeBag; 03-31-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Banned

345 lbs of muscle mister !!

heh heh heh,,,,

You might be surprised. At the survival class I attended, there was an older gentleman that must've weighed in around 350 or perhaps a little less, regardless he was indeed over 300. He did everything we did and was never out of breath and stayed with the group. Though I will admit, he would not be the typical person of such size.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Justin, is that thing real?

This forum runs the gamut from Backwoods survival types to Urban disaster planners. Not everyone here is going to Rambo their way through the Zombie Apocalypse. It isn't all about surviving a wilderness disaster. The main function of this forum seems to be simple. Be Prepared. Whether it is a wilderness emergency or a local evacuation. Being here isn't all about surviving in the bush, though I'd bet quite a few on here you consider 'out of shape' could make it far longer than a week. Not everyone that survives a tragedy survives on brawn.

Banned

Gosh I hope not !!