Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newest Bow

Nice work. Since you ave da peaks I sap hose ate dad harpoon.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Canid
    thank you sir.
    That, folks, is how you are SUPPOSED to speak to an Administrator. Respect, that's what I'm talkin' about.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

i'll have final pics up soon, but toostie let me know when you'll be ready for it, it should be finished after another hour of work and a little playing around [gotta break it in a tad to prove it, right?]

i've also got a supprise coming for you all
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Woo Hoo!

Congrats Tootsie.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ooooh. Surprises!!!! We love surprises. Can you give us a hint? Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaase?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

hrm, a hint...

well it's another bow, and it's similar in most ways to the once i'm finishin.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Hot diggity! Another bow!!!!!

Twins!!! Congratulations Canid.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

the tiller is finished, and i'm now re-sealing it. the first coat of minwax is drying as we speak.

i'll get the final pics and some draw shots before applying the second coat.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Gee whiz. That really is a nice looking bow. You should be proud of the work you do. Very nice.

Very Nice Indeed! I can see you are a patient man! It shows in your work that obviously isn't rushed!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

i try, but to be honest, i tend to get most of the work done in spurts, when i'm in that zone, and try not to touch my work when i'm not.

i always end up with small flaws, usually cosmetic. you can see one of them in the arrow pass: the saw tooth marks which i couldn't quite sand out. if i fixate on them, i try to push too hard and invariably become sloppy. you might say i've learned instead to live with imperfection.

they say we are our own worst critics.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    i always end up with small flaws, usually cosmetic. you can see one of them in the arrow pass: the saw tooth marks which i couldn't quite sand out.
    they say we are our own worst critics.
    HUH? You obviously see something I don't.

It's a beauty. Nice work.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That's true of most folks, Canid. I used to do quite a bit of wood work and still do some from time to time. I can see every imperfection I've ever made and you might as well put a billboard next to. It's that glaring to me. But no one else seems to see them unless I point them out. So......I learned early on not to point them out.

Blog Entries

That's just nice. You sure can make a bow.

thank you all for your kind, or over-kind words.

i can't seem to find the fine burnished leather i had laying around. i was planning to use it on the arrow pass/shelf.

i am in the proccess of twisting up the string, and i have some coyote fur for silencers. i also need to find my serving thread.

final tiller adjustment is still breaking in. i'll begin shooting this in tomorrow:

strung:

there will be some more pics, when i have the final touches, and i have pics of my fishing line string twist up i'll be posting aswell. these are extremely durable strings, made from dacron/nylon braid line of 80lb test. this string is 6 strand, twined. the silencers are coyote.

Definitely a work of art. Nicely done.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel