Thread: Cross Training

Blog Entries

Default Cross Training

I keep getting asked what I do in the off time when I'm not in the woods, hiking, or camping. Do I do any cross training? Well yes I do, I go jogging and walking with the wife. But that's because being a cop I feel I gotta be in good shape. Now most of my free time is actually in the woods hiking and camping and that I feel keeps you in good shape and works the whole body (of course I'm on here alot now reading the things you freaks put up to view
    I also do a lot of canoe and kayaking, that will really build up your arm strength.
    So does anyone else cross train?
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

I'm doing this (http://www.mensworkoutguide.com/home.html) for 16 weeks, only that I'm doing it every day instead of 3x/week like he recommends. I figure it's completely free, complimentary videos, and downloadable content (on his new website, coming Nov 13) so I lose nothing if it doesn't work.

In addition, winter's approaching and unlike most of you lower-state-dwellers, I get to chop and stack firewood year round. Good endurance exercise if it could be considered an exercise.
    Last edited by MCBushbaby; 11-02-2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: more stuff to add
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

I have just started going back to the Y again ,if that counts,LOL
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I don't have an "off" season. There's something to do out there in all four seasons, but I also run a fitness program two nights a week (very light fitness program, lol) I also get in plenty of woodsplitting and yeah it definitely counts as exercise in this dawg's books.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

I do not have to work out! I am perfect in every way. I also have this great ocean front property for sale, cheep, outside Denver Colorado.

Being: old, fat, bald, bow legged, pot bellied, toothless, and ugly. I do not see where I can improve!

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

i don't work out..... i work..that's it that's all..

Blog Entries

My job keeps me in the shape that others pay to gyms to get.

I carry two 15lb dumbbells in the truck, when I feel a little drowsy, no coffee, just 30 curls each arm. Get some strange looks, but hey, what keeps ya going.

I do need to do a bit more cardio, couple weeks.