Thread: is this legal

Default is this legal

its called tickling fish
    your in sheltered water then you feel the along the bank with your palms up and ur hands are flat and slide ur hands under the resting thumbs uppermost then grab the fish and throw it well on a bank

Default noodeling

edge, it is legal here in oklahoma,the trick is to get the fish to bite your hand so you can grab it by the mouth somtimes your hand is completly in the mouth so you grab it gills,but keep in mind that there are some really big fish in these waters. it can also be very dangerous , always have a partner with you and make a time limit to be under water so your buddy nows if there could be trouble, they have tournaments here using this practice,its also an age old way to feed yourself if your are in need of food,if you try this be careful......woodsey

It's called noodling down south. YouTube has some good videos of pretty girls noodling for catfish.

I use to handgrab for fish when I was a kid till the day I grabbed a cottonmouth water moccasin. I flung it one way and I ran for my life up the creek. Never went fish grabbing again after that.
    With Christ, all things are possible.

i tried this last year on a canal boat and i caught i mirrir carp like 1st time lol it is great fun 2 try
    "why is it that football players spend 90 minutes pretending they are injuried and rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending they are not?" martin johnson former england rugby captian of the world cup squad

sorry i ment mirror carp lol
    "why is it that football players spend 90 minutes pretending they are injuried and rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending they are not?" martin johnson former england rugby captian of the world cup squad

it depends what state youre in.
    sanity is for the weak

I have no idea, I didn't think it sounded like it would work but it sounds like it does pretty well. I like using fishing rods or spears to catch fish, I also like hte back of a knife to whollop themn one good one on the head, that does the trick.

Go to Walmart and get a free booklet on state fishing laws. I lived in Oklahoma for while and went trout fishing alot but noodling wasn't something I wanted to try. I'd grab a snake or snapping turtle. No thank you!

Some of the unfortunate effects of noodlin' are losing fingers to snapping turtles. After the attack these poor people will forever require two hands to hold up enough fingers to order five beers at the bar.

A lot of states have restricted noodling or hand fishing , many states even where it is legal it can't be a game fish.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

I'm from Mississippi and we call it Hand Grabbing. Their are to many alligators for me to try it.
    staceyj

“Do you think yourself wise? Then there's a donkey inside your waistcoat”
    Charles H. Spurgeon

It's illegal in Texas.

It's illegal in most places because it specifically targets the large breeding males and females that are in nesting areas. They usually bite your hands in response to you invading their "holes". Catfish take a long time to mature and noodling, grabbling, grabbin........only catches these larger sexually mature fish.

Two years ago Missouri made it legal as a "trial run" in three rivers (Fabius, Francis, Mississippi). I don't know what came of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by criticalmass View Post
    It's illegal in most places because it specifically targets the large breeding males and females that are in nesting areas. They usually bite your hands in response to you invading their "holes". Catfish take a long time to mature and noodling, grabbling, grabbin........only catches these larger sexually mature fish.

Two years ago Missouri made it legal as a "trial run" in three rivers (Fabius, Francis, Mississippi). I don't know what came of it though.
    I live in Missouri. I do know that it only lasted for like two seasons.

Hate to drum up an old post but we've talked a lot about fish traps and nets lately. Would you noodle in a survival situation?

Here's a wiki with some, I hope, current info on laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noodling
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Any kind of fishing is legal in a survival situation
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

But would you do it? I did it a time or two way back when and I'll tell you that sliding your hand inside that hole or under the base of a tree or log is about the eeriest feeling you can have. You have no idea what your going to grab of what's going to grab you. We called it Hoggin' where I lived and I've seen guys pull snakes out of half submerged holes or the end of hollow logs. (shivers)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I wouldint do it unless it was an opertunity i had and i needed to take it, i think that it is risky when there are better methods out there
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.