Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: pine needle tea

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    not sure how much you have actually done this or just read about it, but from my own experience boiling the needles just releases the sap and crap(turpentine0 from the needles which gives it the terrible taste, we have found that brining your water to a boil then adding the needles once removed from heat source and then letting steep for a bit is for us the best method
    Ohhhh, I've been doing it for a few years now, so I think I've done it a bit more then you and other armchair survivalists in here. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    I have been told that if your pee is any color but clear that you are dehydrated. I keep my urine clear and if it has a tinge of yellow I drink more water.
    The fact is, if your pee is clear you have too much water in your system and could be lowering your electrolytes (that's a bad thing), and if you're dehydrated your pee is a dark yellowish color.

well its a god thing you are here to set all of us posers straight then eh? i have been to busy training in the bush witth allen beuachamp so i have not been here to learn from someone with all of your skill sets and have missed your writings, i will have to read about you and learn from your many years of wisdom thanks for sticking around and helping all of us inept folks out
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Stroover, please site your source on the clear urine post. I'd very much like to see that because I do not necessarily agree with it. While clear urine can certainly be indicative of
    a number of problems (liver disease or hyper-hydration) that symptom alone would not be problematic. The same thing can occur with the consumption of diuretics and is harmless.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

@ wareagle69: You're welcome.

@ Rick: I don't have anything online for ya as it's not something I googled and passed on to you folks. It's a trick we learned in wilderness survival a few years back.

**p.s.**: I just did a quick google search and right off the bat this showed up: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_bright_yellow_urine_normal
    Last edited by Stroover; 12-09-2009 at 12:38 PM.

We had a doc that does wilderness medicine that used an expression (I may not have it exactly right, so no quotes) regarding levels of hydration and examining your urine flow.

If your pee is clear, have no fear.
    If your pee is yellow, you're a hurtin' fellow.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    well its a god thing you are here to set all of us posers straight then eh? i have been to busy training in the bush witth allen beuachamp so i have not been here to learn from someone with all of your skill sets and have missed your writings, i will have to read about you and learn from your many years of wisdom thanks for sticking around and helping all of us inept folks out
    Hehehehe....lol...... Good too see u back WE!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Default Pine needle tea

Different types of pine needles each have different flavors. Very nutritious and loaded with vitamin A and C, as well as tannin, which also is an antioxidant. Pine needle tea has been used all over the world to prevent scurvy in the winter.

Any species of pine or fir tree needle will make a good tea. Each have a distinctive flavor. Take fresh pine needles from near the tree trunk, as taking green needles at the ends of branches can impair the tree's growth.

Avoid needles from trees situated near busy roads or in areas near farm crops that may have been sprayed with chemicals, pollutants and toxins. Also, it is best to avoid pines and firs sold as Christmas trees, as they may have been sprayed with pesticides and/or flame retardants.

Spruce buds and fir buds in Spring are wonderful too, eaten raw, and fresh cedar leaves also make a lovely tea.

Enjoy...!

Blog Entries

Hey, jeminii! How about an Introduction?

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=7813
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm.....

You claim to be a tracker, so follow the "tracks" (http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=7813) over to the intro section & tell us about yourself, otherwise you're considered "rude" & your credibility is null.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin