Thread: Work for Room and Board

Default Work for Room and Board

Hello all!...Recently there was a thread created where someone offered free room and board for 8 hours of labor. Does anyone know of any other opportunities such as this? If so, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading, and have a terrific day.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods. There is a rapture on the lonely shore.There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar. I love not man the less, but Nature more... Lord Byron

Jason Montana was the one offering. Here's the thread http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=8383 Send him a pm if you're interested, as I believe he is quite serious.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

rock...
    I already have someone signed on....they are moving here in Mid-Oct. If it doesnt pan out, I'll track you down. I have high hopes for this young man though, he is an old friends nephew and is wanting to make some serious life changes, and seems pretty dedicated to the idea.
    I might know of some other mushers that are looking for a person though, I'll pm you if I hear they need someone- good luck
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Good luck with your new hired hand.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Say Jason, when you were taking applications.....Any hot women who can frame a house, drive a dozer, & manage a garden happen to Apply......??????????

The first five ----- but his wife shooed them away.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Oh yeah, several of them. I think you need to add, "loves to pick-up dog poo" on your job description. That really brings out the hot babes!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I got more GOOSE Grease than dog poo.

I'm not sure he's looking for hot babes, either. Warm and breathing will probably work.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Ya know - I had a snappy reply, but then thought it may be inappropriate (wouldn't want to have to send myself to time out).
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks Jason, and to all of you that replied. Definetely keep me in mind if by some reason things with your friend's nephew dont work out. Also, if you do hear of any other similiar opportunities as yours, I would be interested.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods. There is a rapture on the lonely shore.There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar. I love not man the less, but Nature more... Lord Byron

walk lightly on the earth wildWoman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cdrock00 View Post
    Hello all!...Recently there was a thread created where someone offered free room and board for 8 hours of labor. Does anyone know of any other opportunities such as this? If so, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading, and have a terrific day.
    www.wwoof.org In your own backyard, or you can even travel the world that way. I've done it and highly recommend it. Don't know if I'd be where I am today if it hadn't been for that experience.
    Actions speak louder than words

Thanks wildwoman, I checked that site out. Very neat.

Jason...I got your PM, thanks and Ill look into that too.

You know, WW. That is an outstanding link. Reading through it, there are a few farms close to me. It struck me that you wouldn't have to live on site to benefit. I'll bet some of those farms would welcome even week-end help in exchange for the learning. If one is close enough to you, you might be able to work something out. You wouldn't be taking up space in their cabin/room and they would still be getting some free work.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

After reading Rick's post, I noticed I didnt give that site enough credit or praise.There are amazing offers on there. I still havent read through all of the postings but Im leaning more towards the Wyoming/Montana area. Thanks again for the link!