Thread: "Urine" The Shower

very odd question i think it would keep away small animals like racoons or something but as far as bathing with it i would believe it would be a very bad idea due to the fact it is waste and possbily if lingerd on the skin could cause a infection if you got a cut or something that is of course if it is unstealized not sure about if it was sertilized

Blog Entries

Dude you can shower in piss if you wanna, personally I'll wash off in cold stream. And that would be a lot of pee. You got major issues if your wanting shower in pee, thats a whole nother web site.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

First off, Bear's urine drinking is misleading and retards your chances of not being dehydrated. Urine contains somewhere between 2-3% salt, increasing as the body becomes dehydrated (part of the equal balance thing in your kidneys... been a long time since biochemisty). So by the time you're dehydrated enough to consider drinking your urine, you're basically drinking saltwater which we all know is a no-no.

Showering? Well.. I suppose. Piss is sterile but not being showered in the bush is not a serious health concern. The worst that'll happen under normal circumstances is you'll stink. Of course, swamp mud contains parasites and bacteria that can cause rashes and you'll definatrely want to get rid of them, in which case piss away.

You're right about smelling more like a human than before. However if you fear predators, I've heard coating yourself in your own fecal matter deters them. If you were a wolf or bear, would you stalk something rolling in it's own dung?
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Blog Entries

I have never seen any reson to ever shower in pee, LOL... oh my God this funnier than the frog lick'n incident!!!
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Blog Entries

I ain't afraid of no animal so much I'd smear my crap on myself...lol...lol...lol, dude you try it and tell me how it works...lol...lol...lol

I remember seeing a documentary about a Aushwitz concentration camp
    surviver talking about how she had to keep herself clean by washing in her
    own urine. The water in the camp was poisened so she couldn't use it.
    She said she needed to keep herself clean otherwise she would have been
    sent to the gas chambers. An extreme example of survival but she stayed
    alive. -Steve

Blog Entries

Okay, now its a little different if your in a concentration camp or POW and they say pee on yourself or we'll gas you, or if you don't use pee then you'll die because of the stink, but wouldn't bathing it build up the POW possibility of disease since conditions are so horrible in the first place. And then wouldn't the stink of bathing in pee build up and they gas you cause smell profusly of pee! Come on now.

Blog Entries

Just Leave The Pee Alone!!! :d

Default I was going to respond to this thread

and then I thought...p**s on it.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

shakes head lmao nm not even goin there

no if the pee evaporate everything that is left over will form a stink im pretty sure. rotting piss is a RANCID smell i know

I've drank a lot of beer and gone barefooted. My feet are ok.

Urine is high in amonia and is good for cureing things like athletes foot, But for showering i dont think it would be much good.
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Voyageur enseignant

Otay ... I'm no expert, but being as urine is the liquid waste our kidneys strain from our system, I would rather find a river or running stream, find a deep pool along it and get a quick rinse that way. In winter, I've heard that some folks still use the old "stand naked beside the fireplace in the cabin ... " and then run outside to rub themselves down with snow, running right back in by the fire. I'd prefer washing in as clean of water as I could get. If none were available, I'd likely not want to be getting rid of what water my body DID have. Interesting question ... even more interesting replies! NorthWind

Blog Entries

All that to get clean. Tell ya what I did about 5 Feb.'s back. A bunch of us trekkers trekked back into the mountains. We set a destination and met, if ya killed something, we ate it.

By the third day of hunting and sitting by the fire at night, I just plane did not feel good about myself. So Sunday morning, right at sunrise, I climbed sleepily out of my lean-to, made my way to the stream that was about 4 feet deep and just walked right in.

It was only cold for, about, forever! But I stayed in it for about 4 minutes (longest 4 minutes) soaped up, rinsed off and jumped right out.

Yeh, the other trekkers thought I was strange.

This is not the first time I have done this. Also did this up at Bridgeport in April. Water is still cold in April.

As far as pee, funny thing. While up at Briddeport, we all pissed on this one rock. I got up early one morning, looked over at the rock and there were 4 deer over there licking the "piss rock."

If you can pee enough to shower then water is not an issue , I think that generally speaking unine is not your friend maybe recycle in a solar still and then in you not on you. I think that the Bear guy tries spectatular stuff to sensationalize his show and even though he has accomplished a lot of stuf he is stil a little rich kid that has always had someone to pull his fat out of the fire and can go home to mommie any time he gets a boo-boo.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.