Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Earn $1,000.00 Cash Per Month To Survive In The Wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    No.... and the reason is that this is a careful gamble. I would be better, to risk wise putting $30,000.00 on five different players. I feel that over all the odds are in my favor. can someone do it, yes. They only have to go 61 days and I am loosing money. This is not a TV program......I figure to win this wager. I am not a rich man, but I will take a calculated risk. I don't feel like I am snookering anyone, because it is do'able. My passion is studying people who have done it.
    sooooo, your saying i'm a bad risk????????? boy if i had a nickel for everytime i've heard that
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

You can take all you can carry the first 1,320 feet, that is 440 yards. Anything you set down or drop stays. If you can pack 200 Pounds 1/4 mile then that is what you take up the mountain. After you cover the first 440 yards you can set your gear down and relay it over hours or days. But you only that what you can back on your back, in your pockets, in your hands, the first 440 yards. You can not drag anything.

We have worked on this for 40 years. The what to take.
    oh... that is so tempting..... 440 yards???... I can carry ALOT for that short of a distance!!!!!!!!!!.... I think I was around 10 when it dawned on me that I carried way too much stuff... it would be easier to learn to live with a little...so I started learning as much as possible of surviving with what nature gave me...
    Not to mention I am younger than most people here (Hint:I have not been workin' on this 40 years) and in tip top shape... I put rocks in my pack when I'm just hikin' around for fun!!

****REALITY CHECK****- ALASKA???... This late in the year???? with only 30 days to Prep??? .... Geez, I am not crazy!!!.. tho my wife would argue that...
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

No Internet access? Can I carry my lumpy chair that far? Sorry but Im out!!!
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

ill do it but i only got$1000 any takers

Banned
    Blog Entries

wilf123, I layed it out in the other thread, You put up $1,000.00 I'll but up $2,000.00 I just want you to be aware I am in this to win some or all of your $1,000.00 I might loose, but that is not my goal.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 09-15-2009 at 06:42 PM.

so i get to take what i want as long as i can carry it 440 yds,thats all my food stuffs ammo shotgun ,and everything else ,and make $50 a day after 20 days i break even and then im making money as long as i make no cantact with others ,what type of shelter am i allowed to make for myself and what about hunting permits

Banned
    Blog Entries

You can make any shelter you want. It should still be above zero when you leave. and rarely will get below -23* below zero. So I would take a small light weight wood stove. I would try to find a silk wall tent maybe 6' X 8' or have one made, suggest Alaska Tent & Tarp. There are fish in the near by river to eat. Also mice, voles, shrews, etc. I think a good man can hump 200# for a 1/4 mile. But you will need a very good pack frame, I suggest Barney's Sports on Northern Lights Blvd. Anchorage, Alaska, figure $400.00 to $750.00 for a good frame and moose pack.

Hope, when are you going to tell them about the first 440 yards???????
    I think i know where you are talking about.
    The maximum effective range of a excuse is.......
    -----------0-----------METERS----------------

Banned
    Blog Entries

There is a road used by the rafting companies that he can use for access. I think it will be hard enough, dealing with the weather & isolation. This feat can be done, but it won't be fun. Last night I started the reread of the guy who did it in 1906.

I dont think a freezer will be required to preserve your meat.
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

Quote Originally Posted by wilf123 View Post
    so i get to take what i want as long as i can carry it 440 yds,thats all my food stuffs ammo shotgun ,and everything else ,and make $50 a day after 20 days i break even and then im making money as long as i make no cantact with others ,what type of shelter am i allowed to make for myself and what about hunting permits
    Wilf what you are missing is that the ORIGINAL deal - you put up $3000 Sourdough puts up $6000 - you make $50/day drop it to 1/3 of original and your proceeds also drop to 1/3. However you are spending the first 20 days making back your own money... That's 3 weeks to break even. I believe it CAN be done, But even Sourdough admits he couldn't do it and he lives there already.

if im to do it ill be bringing my own gear ,the only thing that bothers me are there any bears in the area ,i should be able to make a half decent shelter in a day and gather firewood enough for the first night ,depending on what time i set out and how long it takes me to get there .

Banned
    Blog Entries

Lots of bears, Grizzly, Brown Bears, & Black Bears. But they are nice Bears, having said that, I take a firearm to the mail box, the out house, anyplace outside the cabin. There is only one real big Brown Bear, But he is as big as they get, and has not been a problem. And I honestly do not think bears will be a problem.

ALSO: You might want to reread posts #1 & #3 to be clear if you put up $1,000.00 and I put up $2,000.00 that is $3,000.00 divide $3,000.00 by 180 days and you get $16.67 per day. You have to be there 61 days before you start getting any winnings. Anything less that 60 days I get $16.67 of your money. On the 60th day we are even'steven.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 09-18-2009 at 07:03 PM.

Lots of bears, Grizzly, Brown Bears, & Black Bears. But they are nice Bears, having said that, I take a firearm to the mail box, the out house, anyplace outside the cabin. There is only one real big Brown Bear, But he is as big as they get, and has not been a problem. And I honestly do not think bears will be a problem.

ALSO: You might want to reread posts #1 & #3 to be clear if you put up $1,000.00 and I put up $2,000.00 that is $3,000.00 divide $3,000.00 by 180 days and you get $16.67 per day. You have to be there 61 days before you start getting any winnings. Anything less that 60 days I get $16.67 of your money. On the 60th day we are even'steven.
    Sorry Hope I never was too good at math.LOL I was still thinking about $50/day when I wrote that. I'm shutting up now and getting out of your way......

grizzly attacks your as good as dead ,black bears iv been told to fight them if they attack are brown bears grizzly bears and you take a firearm to the bog,,still would have been nice to get the expirence and earnd some money ,but sod that ill keep my grand and find another way.

Banned
    Blog Entries

OK, I am with drawing this offer.....As I don't want it hanging out forever. But we can sure talk about what gear whould be good to take.

Blog Entries

When do you really start to see temps dropping away Sourdough? By the sounds of things our daytime and night-time temps are pretty much the same at the moment. I'd be interested to know.

Oh and my first piece of gear would be a very, very good guide!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    When do you really start to see temps dropping away Sourdough? By the sounds of things our daytime and night-time temps are pretty much the same at the moment. I'd be interested to know.

Oh and my first piece of gear would be a very, very good guide!
    LOL Remember Winnie you have to carry them for 440 yds.(400 meters) PLUS everything else!! You must be one strong woman!!

Blog Entries

Oh no, no, no, Poco, you really don't think I'd be daft enough to attempt that do you? I saw through it in the first post.
    I was just interested in Sourdoughs weather patterns from a first hand point of view, that's all.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

No Winnie you are not Daft!! It was just your last sentence, that I just couldn't resist.