Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Earn $1,000.00 Cash Per Month To Survive In The Wilderness

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Earn $1,000.00 Cash Per Month To Survive In The Wilderness

Well, Anybody who wants to give it a try.......kind of a practice run for say the next six months, here is the deal......You put some amount of money in the pot (Say $3,000.00) and I'll double what you put in (say $6,000.00). That is $9,000.00 total. Every day you stay you get $50.00 stay 180 days you leave with $9,000.00 total and the Book Rights. However: if you come out or quit for any reason, I keep what is left in the pot, but you still get $50.00 for each day out there.

Example: stay 100 days you get $5,000.00 and I keep the balance $4,000.00 Plus I'll keep an eye on you, if you get in trouble and want out just put the signal flag out and we will get you out. You will be insight of a small town and we will watch you through spotting scopes. You can have "NO" human contact or you loose by default. You have 30 days to get ready.

walk lightly on the earth wildWoman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pick me! Pick me!
    Actions speak louder than words

Not to be picky but the most you can win, in your example, is $6000. You already owned the $3000 you put up. Still, that's $50 a day for just living. Any resupply of staples or are they completely on their own?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

The squirrels are happy, not all the nuts are in the woods. Food for the winter.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Sorry not me. I know enough about Alaska to know that I don't want any part of it now or ever. If the "prize" were say $ 50,000,000,000 I'd think about it. Yes Folks that reads 50 billion. No Thanks. I don't even want my initials thrown in the hat, much less my name.
    Anything I want to see in Alaska will be done by pics,or TV. No offense to any Alaskans but I have no desire to go ANY further North than I already am. I already live further North than I would like. I'd rather be back home.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wildWoman View Post
    Pick me! Pick me!

I would gladly pick you. How big is that Boyfriend anyway.....??? You can come live with me any day LADY......

if i put in lets say 15,000 cash will you put in 30,000 cash, if so the mrs says i can do it
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Not to be picky but the most you can win, in your example, is $6000. You already owned the $3000 you put up. Still, that's $50 a day for just living. Any resupply of staples or are they completely on their own?

Rick, It is a very calculated wager, it is a two too one wager. If they did it they double there money. If they fail I get paid for risking my money. It can be done, and has been done many times. Read "The Wilderness of Denali" by Charles Sheldon he did it 100 years ago and for two years.

My question is how many have done it starting at this time of year,with winter so close.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Here is the deal......

You can take all you can carry the first 1,320 feet, that is 440 yards. Anything you set down or drop stays. If you can pack 200 Pounds 1/4 mile then that is what you take up the mountain. After you cover the first 440 yards you can set your gear down and relay it over hours or days. But you only that what you can back on your back, in your pockets, in your hands, the first 440 yards. You can not drag anything.

We have worked on this for 40 years. The what to take.

uh helloooo did you get my answer????????
    poco i think it would be foolish to do this at this time of the year starting in april or may would be the best, also gives one proper preperation time, if someone where to show up next month i would be putting money on hope to win this round.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    if someone where to show up next month i would be putting money on hope to win this round.

Yea, Me also. I am betting 2 to 1 that they fail. I could not do it. But it can be done. The real fun is in "What gear do you take" and how much weight can you pack 1/4 mile.

is that another thread?
    or do you want it answered here?

ok you got me thinking here pops
    what is the terrain like for this 440 and where the vic err contestant would be living
    is there water source near by?
    how is one to catch food?
    can one hunt or fish legally?
    now i have a few ideas that i will put to paper and work out in the next couple of days including wieghts of belongings and such
    gotta feed the critters be back soon

Personally I think that in 30 days ol' Sourdough could wager 10 times as much and still make money!! I couldn't get my hands on all the proper equipment by spring much less 30 days!!

Banned
    Blog Entries

ok you got me thinking here pops
    what is the terrain like for this 440

We can make that fairly easy terrain. We have played this game hundreds of times. The point is you can't pack in 2,000 pounds. The original game was what would you take if you had to pack it at least one mile. And we decided 150 pounds was do able, but 40 years ago we were 23 years old, and bad to the bone, In a wilderness tough way.

Summer or winter you would need a wood stove and stovepipe. 5# of nails, etc. The fun is reduce the nails and add shrink'wrap. The original game was if you were restricted to what you could carry, how long could you stay, months, years, one winter, ?????? You need winter boots and summer boots, etc.

MMhmMmmm

if i put in lets say 15,000 cash will you put in 30,000 cash, if so the mrs says i can do it
    So no answer to this....
    BIG money contest
    Mountain Man

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    So no answer to this....
    BIG money contest

No.... and the reason is that this is a careful gamble. I would be better, to risk wise putting $30,000.00 on five different players. I feel that over all the odds are in my favor. can someone do it, yes. They only have to go 61 days and I am loosing money. This is not a TV program......I figure to win this wager. I am not a rich man, but I will take a calculated risk. I don't feel like I am snookering anyone, because it is do'able. My passion is studying people who have done it.

walk lightly on the earth wildWoman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    I would gladly pick you. How big is that Boyfriend anyway.....??? You can come live with me any day LADY......
    He's about 6'2" but it didn't say anything about living with you! That would not go over well anyway, Sour/Hope...you know how testy northern women are...you need to get yourself a meek southern girl who doesn't know a thing yet
    Actions speak louder than words

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Well, Anybody who wants to give it a try.......kind of a practice run for say the next six months, here is the deal......You put some amount of money in the pot (Say $3,000.00) and I'll double what you put in (say $6,000.00). That is $9,000.00 total. Every day you stay you get $50.00 stay 180 days you leave with $9,000.00 total and the Book Rights. However: if you come out or quit for any reason, I keep what is left in the pot, but you still get $50.00 for each day out there.

Example: stay 100 days you get $5,000.00 and I keep the balance $4,000.00 Plus I'll keep an eye on you, if you get in trouble and want out just put the signal flag out and we will get you out. You will be insight of a small town and we will watch you through spotting scopes. You can have "NO" human contact or you loose by default. You have 30 days to get ready.
    Questions:
    1) where is it to be?
    2) what can we bring?
    3) what if we are broke and can't put up what we don't have?
    4) if it's close to a town what happens if accidental contact with other people? say someone walking a dog or a conservation officer or policeman?
    5) Are moonlight trips into town to dumpster dive allowed?