Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Generator for Survival

I just removed a wood fireplace and replaced it with propane. I have almost 300 lbs of propane so beyond the generator I can stay warm for a while.

I personally have a Generac 20kW home backup genny connected to a 1k gallon propane tank that I have buried. I just told the propane company I was converting my entire house to propane and got the tank that way.
    My Website www.survivaltips.co
    FB: www.facebook.com/survivaltipsblog
    Twitter: @SurvivalTipBlog

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivalTips View Post
    I personally have a Generac 20kW home backup genny connected to a 1k gallon propane tank that I have buried. I just told the propane company I was converting my entire house to propane and got the tank that way.
    So the tank still belongs to them ..right?....Gotta get your propane from them?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

In years when I did not use enough propane they would charge me an extra fee for rental of the tank. You can buy your own tank which will end up saving you money in the long run since you can buy from who ever has a bargain on propane.

Yeah that's what I thought.....got burned bad way back when....Had propane in a bulk tank, was locked in with the owner.

Was is a mobile home park, ....park put in natural gas...and we were required to change over.
    Then haul the tank and gas away...was some still in it....then charged me for the balance of the "Contract"...if I recall was about 350 bucks.
    If I would have kept the tank it would not have cost me....just buy the gas for them.
    Actually was even my contract....was the previous owner.
    Balked paying and was chased by bill collectors....
    Still think screwed over....

Bottom line.....One need to be aware of the fine print details.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27