Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Urban Forage

If you enjoy spices then I suggest Nasturtiums. Not only are they nice to look at but they have a great peppery taste. Totally unlike peppers because the heat is short lived. The pollen is sweet as sugar followed by a rather hot spicyness. It's fun to watch the look on kids faces when they eat it. You get a really big smile when they hit the sweetness immediately followed by a look of "what the ?". As I said, it's short lived. Flower, stems and leaves are all edible.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

oh yeah, nasturtium is easy to overlook, but great to remember. so is miner's lettuice, which likes to grow during the wet season here along the untended sides of fences where there is good shade and taller grasses. they seem to like the humid microclimate provided by all the shade and vegetative cover.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.