Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wild Potato Vine Question

Blog Entries

It doesn't grow this side of the pond, too cold. Morning glory is grown as an annual garden plant.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Virginia Creeper does contain oxalate crystals in the sap. If you are sensitive to the oxalate then you can develop a rash if you touch the juice from the stem.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I guess I should also post that Virginia Creeper is edible despite my post above. Just be aware that it does contain oxalate crystals and you can break out in a rash.

http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/v/virgin14.html

with an added caution that Peterson considers it poisonous. The berries have produced fatalities if eaten in quantity. As for me, if contains oxalates, I shy away from it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Default looking for Ipomoea Pandurata

We are looking for this plant, the wild potato vine, because it was impossible to make it grow from seeds and it's can't be found in our are.

Any ideas of where to buy the plant, roots or rhizomes?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by alasneh View Post
    We are looking for this plant, the wild potato vine, because it was impossible to make it grow from seeds and it's can't be found in our are.

Any ideas of where to buy the plant, roots or rhizomes?

Thank you!
    If you google "purchase ipomea pandurata" you will get lots of returns. It is considered an invasive species here. We don't buy it here, we chop it down. Not sure about where you live, but you may want to check to see if it can be imported into Spain.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel