Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Primitive camping for get together

10 100.00%
  • Non-Primitive RV site for get together

0 0%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SC, GA, FL, NC, AL, MS, LA, TN -SOUTHEAST Division

Gonna be hard to put this together this time of year on the account Deer Season has just started. Might have to go down in the swamp with the CB to get the good ole boys together!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    Looks like TN was bribed to concede to the north....oh well....
    Oh sure, act like you didn't tell me to go up there and fill out a questionnaire with 250 questions on it.

Default Baited Up!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I will be shooting a .38 Colt wheel gun at 20 yds.......
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

Seriously? A .38 for deer? Is that even legal?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Sure is and so is baiting! We hunt alot of deer down south they multiply every year... We can run dogs too! Nothing like other states. I only have 8 acres to hunt and I am beside a 50 acre field of sweet peas. think about it for a second.....270 at 150yds. or .38 at 20 yds. it is plenty....Down here in the woods you can't see 5 ft. It is a whole nother ball game...
    Last edited by COWBOYSURVIVAL; 09-05-2009 at 10:17 PM.

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regs/huntingregs.html

Check for youself....Good Ole Boys pass good ole laws!

Wait! First you said .38. That's what I asked about. Now you say 308. I didn't think .38 would be big enough for deer.

The reason I asked if it was legal was we can only hunt with shotgun or bow here.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Oops...Type"O" it is .38 I mean, a Colt Wheel Gun,....My fault for the type"O..

Sorry Rick I swear my typing stinks I meant .38 as in .38 special hollow points and sure enough it'll be plenty!

I corrected the post from earlier from 308 to .38 as I originally meant to type...
    Last edited by COWBOYSURVIVAL; 09-05-2009 at 10:23 PM.

edited out because I should read other threads better
    Last edited by LostOutrider; 09-05-2009 at 10:58 PM.

I'm not a deer hunter so bare with me for a moment. Since .38 is large enough to hunt deer with, at close range of course, then I have to assume that .45 and .357 is more than adequate. Are you targeting behind the right front shoulder like you otherwise would or are you going for a head shot?

As I said, it's shotgun only here in Indiana. You can carry a sidearm but only if you have a CCW. The fields are wide open for the most part and there isn't anything to stop a rifle except the next farm house.

Yes Rick the shot would need to be for me inside of 25 yds. and I would have to have a clear shot at the heart or maybe a neck shot. I won't pull the trigger if I am not sure it is a clean shot. .38 is plenty at that range as is .375 and definately .45. for whitetail. Since I am on private property I can carry the pistol iin a holster with my hunting liscence CCW is not required.

When I lived in that kind of terrain the only thing I used was a shotgun Rick. The vegetation is so thick that you couldn't see a farm house 25 yards away. A rifle was useless unless you were sitting on a Clearcut. A .22 will bring a deer down if you shoot it in the right place.Buuut the chances are that the vast majority of hunters are not that good under "pressure" or being that excited to see one. I knew oldtimers that when it was allowed, only used the .22 to hunt "docile" game critters. The shotguns were reserved for birds and "dangerous" game(Hogs and Bears). That was the only firearms they used, they grew up in the Depression, and that was all they NEEDED to hunt.

Rifles are used in open areas here as well. By placing yourself high above the ground the trajectory will be stopped by the ground due to the angle. I suspect there is another reason why rifles are not allowed in your state.

I suspect there is another reason why rifles are not allowed in your state.
    I didn't realize the Hatfields and McCoys were that far north!!
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."
    W. Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Skysoldier View Post
    I didn't realize the Hatfields and McCoys were that far north!!
    Ok trying to get this thread back on topic.....Skysoldier your in the South East region are you interested in taking part in campouts, skill swapping opportunities, as we are trying to form a regional group that would like to participate.

I think you guys just redrew the MASON / DIXON LINE!!! LOL!!!!

Can someone tell me which group Tennessee is supposed to be in? The appear in this title and the title for Missouri, Illinois, etc. I delete them from the one they don't need to be in.

I guess technically TN is a SE state. That is, at least, how it is included on maps like at weather.com and National Geographic.