Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky,Indiana,Missouri,Arkansas, Illinois

Thanks PGV!! Just so EVERYONE knows Tennessee can now choose which region you would like here or the SE DIV. But just to be clear you can go to any function in any region you want.This is America after all( I say we "Annex" Canada at least for the purposes of get together anyway).

Sedition! That's what it is. If you let Tennessee succeed from the Union the rest of the states will fall like dominoes (the game pieces not the pizza).
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Sorry Rick I believe in Democracy - TOTAL democracy... Let them decide. Did you ever play a sport any sport, and have someone on your Team that didn't want to be on your team. It just doesn't work. I still say anyone can go anywhere they want. Especially if there's something going on somewhere else and they do not coincide. If you can make region A but not region X and you live in region x then go to region A by all means if you can do so.

Uh, I'll get back to you with my argument.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

I'm dying to say something, but Crash just posted a special thread for that.........
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Ah go ahead Ken, Crash can always move it IF it belongs there instead of here!
    I feel like I owe you one after I said what I did in 2D2K's OFFICIAL FAN CLUB thread!
    Now back to business. Anyone have a suggestion for where and when?Here's who we have so far...
    Rick ... Indiana
    PGV... Ohio
    Jayden ( if her schedule permits)... Tn.
    HoosierArcher... Indiana
    OldSoldier... Indiana
    McCaw69... Kentucky
    Myself and Equus.... Kentucky
    Icemancometh... Kentucky
    Anyone Else? When? Where? The Table is open to suggestions. It looks like a central point would be somewhere in Central Kentucky...Northern part (Maybe depending on who else would like to join in.)
    Last edited by pocomoonskyeyes; 09-05-2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: additional material

This is Equus Poco's other half. I work what you call a swing shift. I switch shifts every 6 weeks from nights to days and also the days of the week like starting tomorrow i work every other sunday and thurs. fri. sat. days and when i go back to nights i work mon, tues, and wed. nights. i will not shift again until Oct. 18. I told Mel that I might be able to go the last weekend of Oct. Not to warm and not to cold either. I do not know if that works for anyone else but that is pretty feasible for me. The dates are Oct. 30- Nov. 1
    This is Halloween weekend but I don't take my kids trick or treating so this is still feasible for me and poco but if anyone else has a suggestion of dates let us know. i know that we would like to do something before old man winter gets here and makes it too cold to do something outside really.
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

The great thing about doing it in Kentucky, Poco, is you'll be forced to scout the location out. It's a tough job but someone has to do it. One more excuse...er, I mean, reason to go camping.

"PIRACY IN THE BLOOD" Icemancometh's Avatar

I would be interested in a spring time meet, I will Elk and deer hunting the rest of this year. I know Dale Hollow has already been mentioned, how about Patoka Lake? Anyone familiar with it?
    ""What the hell you doin' with that lawnmower blade?" "I aim to kill you with it.""

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The great thing about doing it in Kentucky, Poco, is you'll be forced to scout the location out. It's a tough job but someone has to do it. One more excuse...er, I mean, reason to go camping.
    I already have one, My 2(soon to be 3) year old ASKED to go camping for his Birthday!! I couldn't believe it!! Not that I'm complaining mind you...

Quote Originally Posted by Icemancometh View Post
    I would be interested in a spring time meet, I will Elk and deer hunting the rest of this year. I know Dale Hollow has already been mentioned, how about Patoka Lake? Anyone familiar with it?
    It's in southern indiana isn't it? north of evansville somewhere I think.
    Last edited by mccaw69; 09-05-2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body,but rather to skid in sideways,bruised,battered,and totally worn out,shouting "Holy crap.....what a ride!"

Yes, it is. 45 primitive camp sites. Here is a map of the property...

http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/files/patoka_trail.pdf

Here is a map of the area...

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/6-fNE_lXgDkJDqit50

It is a Corps of Engineers Lake so no weapons are allowed.

I would love to go but i would need to know a time and a definet place. I live in central iilinois but we travel to indiana and kentucky a lot so im open.

depending on when patoka lake sounds good even if i can only make a day trip up.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    depending on when patoka lake sounds good even if i can only make a day trip up.
    Oh Patoka man I miss going there. I lived about 30 minutes from there, beautiful area.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

I think that sounds cool since southeast region stole one of our states...HMmm, MMm. Oldsoldier you are pretty close to there could you get some info? Dottie has vacation at the end of the month,I know that would be pretty quick. After that she won't be free 'til Halloween weekend and I'm sure others have stuff planned for that. She's about to start her 6 weeks of working weekends (days). But anyway whatever everyone decides is cool, don't let us hold up anything. once Halloween weekend hits then we'll be available for the next 4 weeks. All Providing they don't make her work overtime at the last minute.

You know. . . I'm having a hard time seeing Arkansas grouped in with Kentucky, Indiana, and Illinois. Missouri, maybe, but only a select part. (Arguably the best part.)

Hmm. . . I vote for AR to just secede from all groupings and stand quietly alone. I wouldn't want the secret to get out.

LO I think the only reason for the "groupings" or Regions is for convenience of planning. It kinda' makes it easier to pick a centralized location based on who shows interest and is "conveniently located". Anyone and everyone is free to go or not go to ANY of these Camporees.(I still think we should reserve the title "Jamboree" for an annual Event.Possibly in rotation to each Region.)

I don't care where we meet. I just posted the info because someone said Patoka.

Do I need to change the titles? We have Tennessee in two different places?

I would also offer up Ferne Cliff State Park in Southern Illinois. It's due south of Goreville, Illinois a couple of miles in the Shawnee National Forest. It has a bit of everything. High cliffs, a lake, playground equipment for the kids, hiking trails, a creek, and a really nice waterfall. Primitive camping is available and in Illinois that includes showers.

Just another suggestion that's quasi centrally located.

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt...NE.HTM#Camping