Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pass around knife

Quote Originally Posted by HOP View Post
    Woodwose the knife is one piece of steel the flat part of the handle is bent around to form the handle This is a simple knife however a two piece knife can be strong in the case of the Randell #15 and a one piece by Cris Reeves both over $300 this cold steel knife is a $20 knife but gets good reviews.If you think about it a skelleton handle wraped in cord is basicly holow handled but do quite well.
    I see.. Do you have a picture of this knife?

I have and use the cold steel knife called the bushman for the prise it's a very good knife

Thanks for your input smok. I think it would be a good knife to kit up and use as a backup or place in kit you might chache some where.

woodwose I can't put up pictures if you want a look at it search Cold Steel Bushman.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by HOP View Post
    Thanks for your input smok. I think it would be a good knife to kit up and use as a backup or place in kit you might chache some where.

woodwose I can't put up pictures if you want a look at it search Cold Steel Bushman.
    K... thanks.

Ahh.. I see what you mean.
    Last edited by woodwose; 11-05-2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: addendum

Blog Entries

Rec'd the knife today.

It has a new sheath, the little gadgets that were in the plastic bag are now in a tin that can make char cloth. That tin just happens to fit right into the sheath. The handle has been wrapped with the camo cord.

This weekend I will put it to a few tests. Will take some pics and post them next week.

I have a Frost Mora floating around on another forum. If you guys want to try one, let me know! I have a spare, I could send out.

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

Sounds good the moras a the best deal on a bushcraft knife out there but I already have several. For the members who don't know of the Frost Mora Knives they are worth a look.

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post
    Rec'd the knife today.
    *gasp* I thought you "wrecked the knife today"
    :P
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Blog Entries

Well,

I need the next recipients name and address, I'm done with it.

As I stated, it has a new sheath, new char box that fits into the sheath, the handle was wrapped with the thicker of the rope.

It has chopped down a 2" hickory post for use in my one pole Friday. I have started chopping a piece of osage to make a war club.

I have also hurled the knife at one of my throwing targets in the back. It's short, but a one turn throw stuck it in 9 out of 10 times. I have pics and will get them up as soon as I can.

Overall, I am impressed with the knife even if it is made in China. I'd carry it and if by chance I don't get picked for this one, may just buy one.

Thanks,

FVR

Glad you liked it I have emailed wildgoth who is next told him to contact you FVR.

FVR has wildgoth got in touch with you yet we may have to bump him to the bottom and go to the next which will be mitch chestney

Blog Entries

No one has yet to contact me. I am awaiting your direction.

I just emailed Mitch will give him a few days as he gets out a lot Sarge is next after that.

FVR I got mitchs adres emailed it to you.
    mitch got your email sarge is next on the list
    I think that the way this is moving anyone who isn't aboard beter hurry.

Sorry, im lost, whatis this "Pass around knife" about?

Hamza it is a knife one of us donated to let other members try out and maybe change a litle or put some items in a sheath kit each member uses it for up to a month and then mails it to the next member on the list after everyone on the list has their turn we wil have a drawing and someone gets to keep it

Blog Entries

HOP, will get it out in the next couple days.

Note: If the knife ends up getting sent out of states, may want to check the shipping and recieving regs. I ran into problems a few years back sending a bow to Korea, and arrowheads to Germany.

That's a really cool idea, whoever had it! Maybe next time around i can partcipate!

Hamza you could participate now but you have to concider postage to and fromBosnia each person has to pay postage to the next. The value of the knife is $20 US and postage might very well be more than that for you. I sent a knive in trade to a guy in Australia and it cost me $10US to send the trade knife was $20.Us the value of each knife was over $100US so it was ok with us.

sorry man i have been out last week
    Last edited by WildGoth; 02-12-2008 at 08:11 PM.