Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hola Como Estas

Banned

Default Hola Como Estas

Hello folks. My name is Carter and I have been living in Phoenix, Arizona my whole life and I visit Montana for one month every summer. What really drew me to this site was the fact that I am leaving my home and traveling by foot up into the northern hemisphere into Canada and Alaska. I plan on bringing 2000 dollars in emergency money with me on my excursion and I will live off the land by mapping out a course following rivers northward. If my health and spirits are in good condition then I plan on moving into Russia and travel into Southeast Asia. The highest objective would be to move along the coast of southeast Asia and then Saudi Arabia and into Africa, where I will be forced to settle for the time being. My friend and I are calling this "The World Tour 2012". If he finds alternate tribulations by the time I am ready then I am going alone.

Anyway, I would just like to say that I crave the knowledge and experience that you all have endured over the years and hope to learn alot from you. Any advice you have on this "WORLD TOUR" would be more than helpful.

Hello like these?

Okay, Carter. First, you're already in the Northern Hemisphere so the travel will be a really, really short one.

Before we ooh and aah over your journey, how about hiking over to our introduction section and tells us a bit about yourself.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=7813

You must have meant, Hola. ¿Cómo estás?

EDIT: Okay, so you're already there. Still, you can take a look at the thread and give us some information. The more we know about you the better we can answer your questions.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Banned
    Blog Entries

Welcome......Look in search function, under REAL MEN, or maybe Someone willd find it. There is an interesting story about a man who walked from Fairbanks, AK. to America in the late 1930's befor the road was built. Good read. Arizona.....Thats in America...RIGHT....????

Hello and welcome. I hope that your screen name is not a reflection of your abilities or confidence to complete your journey. Before I can offer any advice to a crazy person unemployed for life, you'll need to provide a bit more background. Here are some suggestions in this thread. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=7813
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    There is an interesting story about a man who walked from Fairbanks, AK. to America in the late 1930's befor the road was built.
    Was that you, Hope?
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Here you go, survivalmanmaybe, this is the thread Hope wants you to read.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ht=walk+alaska
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

By crazy I mean that with the experience I have, a 3-10 thousand mile journey by foot would result in 55% survival. By coming to this site I wanted to introduce myself in that way...mainly for advice.=P

Do any of you think that a trip through the west coast of America, north into Canada, Northwest to Alaska, sailing to Russia, traveling into Southeast Asia, following the the coastline of India and Saudi Arabia, into Africa traveling West then North to Spain, Continuing North and Northeast through Great Britain, Netherlands, Finland, Norway, Ireland, etc etc etc back east to Russia, traveling South to midpoint of China, and going directly west towards Europe traveling through all the mediterranean country coasts and being Picked up in Portugal, but all on on foot is possible? By even the most experience human on a 2000 dollar budget and an associates in arts, a vet assistant degree.

Hello and Welcome. How much experience do you have? Have you done anything to train for such a Grand Tour? You left a lot out, if you want help we know nothing about your current skill level if any.
    Last edited by pocomoonskyeyes; 08-27-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: spacing

Like I said - if you are seriously looking for advice and an answer to that question you are going to have to provide a lot more information than you have.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Let's take it a step at a time. You need to give us some serious information. Try the thread I posted above. Read through it and try answering the questions. Then we'll see if you can survive to Canada.

Banned

I am 19 years and old and moved out of the parents house a year a go. I camp and have become familiar with the desert terrain. The only experience I have consists of my childhood/teenage years where my family would camp 9 days to the east coast of America and back, and sometimes a 4 day trip to montana and washington in the northwest part of America. we did this every year for 17 years. I also have gone to many camps and programs, including boyscouts. I have also acquired 3 years of reasearch towards wilderness survival. I guess I believe I can do this because my will is very strong.

Your will may be strong. How about your back?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You uh....ahem....you wanna send me a copy of whatever trails you'll be hiking thru Canada with that 2grand in your pockets? Hmmm? Just want a chance to be ummm...helpful, y'know? You bringing along some high end camping gear too?

And by all means, welcome to the forum....
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

On a more serious note however - it really doesn't matter what we think of your journey or if you can do it. We do not know each other. If it is something you want to do, then do it. Have you done any research about some of the land you will be walking across? Do you plan on doing it legally with passport and visas? If you have specific questions, by all means ask away, but to ask what I think of you taking a journey like that with me knowing what I do about you is kind of pointless an hurt feelings may be the result.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well, then, go for it. If you make Alaska then you can decide whether you want to tackle Russia. By the way, when are you leaving?

Banned

Because I have no car or bike, I walk everywhere. On average about 4-5 miles a day and my previous job required 7-9 hours of constant walking/standing. I have been rock climbing and into yoga for 2 years, I have done each of these 4-5 times a week since. I have always been into cardio sports such as swimming and running so I would say that I am quite fit for the journey, as well as a good head on my shoulders. But since I have never done something like this on such a large scale I was wondering how easy it would be to find food and water in the wilderness. i may bike for time reduction and emergency transport as well as luggage support. but i do plan on bringing alot of necessary supplies.If it is all stolen and lost or I have run out of money and resources, and on the verge of death and I will cut the trip short and find the nearest airport. otherwise i will die in the name of adventure. Actually to die like this outweighs the glory of any other death, on many different levels of idealogies.

Just my opinion here, but on a journey where you will be covering the kind of mileage you are talking about it will be very difficult to both forage for enough food to provide you with the calories you need, or to go the distances you would probably want to in a day. How far do you plan on each day? Depending on distance, terrain, and climate you may need in excess of 5000 calories a day to sustain yourself over time. Of course, do less - need less.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome. Hope you're able to come back someday. As for Southeast Asia... I've been there and you can have it.
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."
    W. Durant

Banned

convenient stores are conveniently placed everywhere, calories can be picked up along the way ahaha. but i was wondering how easy it would be to catch fish everynight following rivers and how often you come across edible plants in the wild