Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: if you could take only 8 thing into the bush

A dog can help, there is no doubt. But he can also get you into trouble - barking, noise, eating alot of food, getting you noticed. But your right, very little escapes a dogs keen senses.
    Earth - love it or leave it.

FireSteel.com

Hm, interesting thought. Without really overthinking it, I'd instinctively say:

1) belt knife
    2) ar-7 .22 rifle
    3) rain suit
    4) crank-powered flashlight
    5) g.i. aluminum canteen w/cup
    6) firestarter (like firesteel, flint and steel, lighter, or whatever)
    7) waterproof boots
    8) parachute (you can make a ton of stuff with one, from backpacks to shelters)

some things may seem to be missing (like cold weather clothing, food, sleeping arrangements, and so on), but the idea for me would be that the tools above would allow me to fairly quickly assemble whatever else I needed. in theory.

Default well after that other thread, everything's changed

Let's see...hmmm....8 things? After Otay's concerns in the other thread, I'm just not sure anymore.

1. porta potty
    2. decorative matching towel/rug set for portapotty
    3. reading material to store in portapotty
    4. cases of baby wipes
    5. razor
    6. lots of shaving soap
    7. two mirrors, one that I can balance somehow above the crack in my a$$
    8. a bidet
    9. room freshener (couldn't make it in just 8 items)
    10. cd player with some nice mellow music (gotta set the mood)
    11. sensitive rash ointment of some kind (post shave trauma...ewwww)
    12. Boy Scout manual (what the hell, right? figure a troop leader's going to show up)
    I better stop now.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Let's see...hmmm....8 things? After Otay's concerns in the other thread, I'm just not sure anymore.

1. porta potty
    2. decorative matching towel/rug set for portapotty
    3. reading material to store in portapotty
    4. cases of baby wipes
    5. razor
    6. lots of shaving soap
    7. two mirrors, one that I can balance somehow above the crack in my a$$
    8. a bidet
    9. room freshener (couldn't make it in just 8 items)
    10. cd player with some nice mellow music (gotta set the mood)
    11. sensitive rash ointment of some kind (post shave trauma...ewwww)
    12. Boy Scout manual (what the hell, right? figure a troop leader's going to show up)
    I better stop now.
    That cd better be of nature sounds ...and thank God I am no longer a troop leader!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    That cd better be of nature sounds ...and thank God I am no longer a troop leader!
    Why Nell! Music hath charms which soothe the savage breast....
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

LOL!you can say that again!

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

so does cuddling by the way, ask owl_girl! or ask WE and Norm!

Blog Entries

Wink Here's a thought.

How come some of us always seem to come up with a "magic number" like "if you could only take ____________ amount of items, what would you take. A Freaking Hummer filled to the brim with every survival item known to man, okay!
    Seriously I take as much stuff as I can reasonably carry because of some guy named Murphy who had a law named after him. It used to be called "Rick's Law" but they changed the name because of possible legal problems. If I can carry it, it goes!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

so does cuddling by the way, ask owl_girl! or ask WE and Norm!
    Ive heard that one before LOL!

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

trax;
    sounds like you are a porta potty,,, so pathetic,, i feel sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jose lobo View Post
    trax;
    sounds like you are a porta potty,,, so pathetic,, i feel sorry for you.
    Jose,, you responded to a misquote from a troll just before they cleaned it up. That wasn't a legitimate quote.

Maybe this will help clear it up for you.
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...read.php?t=924
    and here
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...read.php?t=911

Trax doesn't deserve this.
    Last edited by SemperParatus; 11-08-2007 at 09:48 AM.

K mart
    Sears
    Zia sporting goods
    Wal mart
    Knife
    Water Filter
    Gortex Tartp
    Fire steel

That should do it.

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

I don't understad why some of you are waisting your time, or ours, chanting about porta potty and how you like to go poo, or what is your favorite chain sporting good store, is..

what the hell is wrong with you people??? maybe you should good back to school,
    i understand joking around can be fun, and thats great,, but to waste so much time doing it???... man you guys have way to much time in front of your computers

please impress me with something real,, like how you would make it out there??
    without any help for anyone else. because at this rate, i know when i am out there i would not want to be anywhere near you.. because you would be talking so much smack,, you would scare away the game, and show the enemy exactly where we were.

with friends like that who need enemy's????

Default Hey jose

If only what you thought mattered to me, go hang some bananas around your campsite, I believe that was your advice once. Keep the mosquitos away, welcome in the bears and you won't worry much about mosquitos anyway.

Blog Entries

Your a Costa Rica survivalist, surviving on the sun bleached beach and sipping pina-colada's telling us how great a survivalist you are. Dude just relax and read some of the threads, there's a ton of info in all this banter. And I for one test my skills every chance I get. So poo off Jose Nosey Lobo
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Beginning to sound a lot like Otay isn't he? Hmmmmm...I wonder.

Blog Entries

Its a joke dude, RELAX.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Default awww Muffin

I don't understad why some of you are waisting your time, or ours, chanting about porta potty and how you like to go poo, or what is your favorite chain sporting good store, is..

i understand joking around can be fun, and thats great,, but to waste so much time doing it???... man you guys have way to much time in front of your computers

without any help for anyone else. because at this rate, i know when i am out there i would not want to be anywhere near you.. because you would be talking so much smack,, you would scare away the game, and show the enemy exactly where we were.

What I put up was joking in response to another thread ok Josie? So sorry if you misunderstood. I was going to leave it there, but then I read the rest of the post. As far as "making it out there," I'd welcome you to pull your butt off the tropical beaches that you live on and come try 1 day...that's right muffin 1 day where I've been utilizing my outdoor skills for almost 50 years. Cuz I can just about guarantee that no matter what gear you brought, you'd be whimpering for someone like me (or several other people who post here) to come and find you.

And show what enemy? Believe me, dude, if teotwawki hits, I'm not going to be sitting around hacking on a keyboard to the likes of you or anyone else.

Now, does someone need a hug and a fresh start?

Blog Entries

Weeeeeell now I could use a hug as long as it don't turn gay anything (not that there's anything wrong with being gay, you wanna lay wit a dude that's your nasty taste who am I to decide what you do) and I'd like to film Trax vs. Jose Lobo and post it on Survival Battles of Wild... lol...

Some people like joking and chatting a about life it doesn’t mean they didn’t have good survival skills, if I see someone joking I come up with the conclusion that they have a sense of humor but you come up with the conclusion that they lack survival skills??? Or the conclusion that how they behave around friends is how they’d behave when there hiding from the enemy??? This is a pretty relaxed forum and I prefer it that way. I talk with the people here the way I’d talk if I was sitting around the camp fire with my friends, swapping stories, talking about survival techniques and joking.