Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite 9mm pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Stand by for the food fights......just sayin.

I have several 9mm hand guns. My favorite is one of my Taurus PT99's. I've run well over 20,000 rounds through it and have never had a problem. I know that some don't care for the Taurus, and that's cool - I ain't ready to part with it anyway. I currently own five 9mm hand guns.
    Yep I have to agree crash I have 3 now just bought a barretta m9 yesterday. Had a co-worker short on cash and offered to sell it to me for $150. So I bought it. BUT my favorite one is my Taurus PT24/7. I feels better in my hand than the baretta and isn't as cumbersome to shoot as the Hi point is.
    Last edited by oldsoldier; 08-29-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    My favorite is my CZ-82. It's 9mm makarov, but you didn't specify a particular 9mm.(9x18,9x19,9x21,etc.)
    as much as i hate to do it.. i'm with 2d2k on this. my 9mm makarov is a very stright shooting gun. it wasn't $$$ like most of the other guns. one of the other high points to it... my friend who is a Springfield NUT points out about the makarov. that you can hit them with it when you run out of bullets because its has heavy as a horse. =) but then.. he is Springfield die hard. says its the only US hand gun left. he just got a Glock a few weeks ago.. we went shooting.. and he said he didn't see what the BIG deal was with Gocks. so its prob. down to how much money do you have... and do you like Red heads Blonds or jet Black!!!!
    I bring nothing to the table

ieatcrayons, tell your Springfield nut that it is not the only U.S. handgun left. The XD's are made in Croatia and most of their 1911's are made in Brazil. It's written right there on the side of the weapon. So much for the "Only US pistol left" thing.
    Last edited by glockcop; 09-03-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Blog Entries

My favorite 9mm is either a Glock 17 or Glock 34.
    American by birth, Patriot by choice!

Quote Originally Posted by glockcop View Post
    ieatcrayons, tell your Springfield nut that it is not the only U.S. handgun left. The XD's are made in Croatia and most of their 1911's are made in Brazil. It's written right there on the side of the weapon. So much for the "Only US pistol left" thing.
    yup.. he knows that. even owns one of the Croatia's. he also owns a few that are stamped Made in U.S.A. so i guess maybe that dosen't mean so much for the 'Only US pistol left' thing. =) its okay.. you can still like the Glocks.!!! no one said there was anything wrong with that.
    I bring nothing to the table

You do know Glock is headquartered in Austria, right?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I have three 9mm pistols and they each have their role. I have a Glock 17 as my go-to end of the world gun. It's hard to beat 19 +1 rounds of Cor-Bon in a sidearm.

My Glock 19 is for times I want a high cap that covers well under fall-spring clothes.

My Kahr K-9 is a smallish gun that shoots as well as a full size handgun. It caries very well in my DeSantas speed scabbard under an untucked shirt. This is just a very comfortable gun/holster to carry for me.

Mac
    The Colhane Channel TV for guys like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ieatcrayons View Post
    yup.. he knows that. even owns one of the Croatia's. he also owns a few that are stamped Made in U.S.A. so i guess maybe that dosen't mean so much for the 'Only US pistol left' thing. =) its okay.. you can still like the Glocks.!!! no one said there was anything wrong with that.
    Most of their 1911's are still made in Brazil. ALL of the XD's are made in Croatia. "Springfield USA" on the side of the slide is not it's country of origin. That is the company's name. Look on the left side of the grip. It reads "Made in Croatia". I don't think Brazil or Croatia is anywhere inside of the U.S.A. I was just stating the fact that they are NOT the "last U.S. pistol". Last I checked that badge hangs on Ruger. None of their product line is from outside of our borders. Maybe we can throw Colt in there too. S&W also imports some of it's product line from outside of the U.S. (Walther / Germany) so they are out of the running for "last U.S. pistol". I like the Springfield XD just fine but his statement was inaccurate. Best.
    Last edited by glockcop; 09-08-2009 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pict View Post
    I have three 9mm pistols and they each have their role. I have a Glock 17 as my go-to end of the world gun. It's hard to beat 19 +1 rounds of Cor-Bon in a sidearm.

My Glock 19 is for times I want a high cap that covers well under fall-spring clothes.
    I'm curious, Pict, is there anything you think your Glock 17 can do, that your Glock 19 can't do, with a G17 magazine stuffed in its well?
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

[QUOTE=sgtdraino;153537]I'm curious, Pict, is there anything you think your Glock 17 can do, that your Glock 19 can't do, with a G17 magazine stuffed in its well?[/

I realize that you did not ask me but, if you will let me give it a shot, I will try to answer it to the best of my knowledge. Here goes : The 19 can do anything the 17 can and carries a little easier . That's it brother . I like 'em both very much.

Blog Entries

G17 and G19 same flavor, just different sizes.
    American by birth, Patriot by choice!

None.

I do have a pre-war Luger that my Father left me. Great paperweight!

Uh-Oh, do I sound like a 1911 snob?
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Old GI View Post
    None.

A little tongue in cheek for you: Well, since the 9mm is just a "paper weight" maybe you will volunteer for the old magician's "bullet catch trick". You know the one were you catch the bullet in your teeth. I'm sure you'll be just fine because we all know "paper weights" are harmeless. Just joking with you . Hey, to each his own but don't believe the hype that the .45 is better than a 9mm, .40, .357 mag, .357 Sig, 10mm (you get the point). I've said it before and I'll say it again: None are very good at stopping an enraged human or some felon "jazzed up" on drugs. They will "ALL" act just about the same in a real gun fight. THEY ALL SUCK! "They all fall to .45 ball" is total nonsense. In fact 9mm ball has more velocity, more penetration and more foot pounds of energy in most loads than .45ACP ball. Does that mean 9mm is better than 45? NO...read the "THEY ALL SUCK" part again if there are any questions about this. "If I'm going in harms way a 12 guage pump is close at hand. It's effect on humans is inarguable. A good high capacity pistol (Glock or SIG prefered) of any Police caliber will also be at my side. Be safe.
    Last edited by glockcop; 09-24-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old GI View Post
    None.

Don't take Glock cop to heart. You know how the kids can get Someday they willl grow up to be fine young men. For now only slightly misguided.

Glock: all tongue in cheek of course

From one 1911 guy to another
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

No problem, Pal. I know I can count on the "old farts" to keep me on my toes . Hey, I enjoy being "misguided". This way "the voices" keep me company when I'm all alone. Hahaha. Be safe, Brother.
    Last edited by glockcop; 09-24-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Default P89 & Pc9

The only 9mm pistol I have is a P89. I bought the matching rifle though, a Ruger PC9 carbine. It uses the same magazines as the pistol, very handy! I like handgun/rifle combos that share the same ammo. I reload and I've had good luck finding loads that shoot well in both.

Springfield XD
    "It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa

id have to say my ruger sr9
    17+1
    shoots great
    i never had even 1 problem after- i dont know how many- rounds.

its a big gun but here in minnesota you dont have to conceal.
    i still do but if you happen to flash or if its printing its not really a big deal.

a shoulder holster and a suit jacket pretty much take care of that though.

I just purchased a SW Sigma 9MM. It was $309 with a $50 rebate, so I figured "what the heck". It's my first handgun purchase, and I'm planning on going to the range either tomorrow or Sunday. Does anybody have any experience with these handguns?

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...13&isFirearm=Y

Thanks!
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

I've got the Sigma in 9mm and two in .40. I like them.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel