Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What is your favorite 9mm pistol?

i have a mint italian made beretta 92f but it just sits in gun safe. really prefer larger cal. handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioGrizzLapp View Post
    I am not at all a huge fan of 9mm anything. I do have a vintage WWII P-38 and a Canadian Hi-Power with the stock/holster. When I get 9mm's in the shop... I dang near wholesale em out as I do not rec them to anyone, no matter what ammo they use. I am a .45acp guy through and through for carry (when I carry, I use a Para-Ord Nighthog .45acp and a hidey gun of NAA .22 mag as a last ditch back up.) and for plinking I am a .22 and .38spl guy. In my Para .45 I use 230gr Black Talon (traded for 20 boxes long time ago). When I practice with the .45 I usually load my own for saving money sakes.
    What is the bad guy stoppage rate for a Para-ord Nighthog .45 acp loaded with 230 grain Black Talons that is back in the safe when you need it?

Banned

If I need to take out bad guys at the gun range, then I need to move to a different gun range. I am not going to waste Black Talons ($75 a box) on plinking at the range. The Para is with me most of the time, by no means a safe queen. I reload cheap plinkers for the range. My safe queens are there for investment and trade vallue, not for shooting.

Hmmm... my favorite 9 would be a .45 ACP

Okay, just a question here. I don't consider myself a gun man by any stretch of the imagination. When I go to the range I shoot what I carry in my CCW. I do that for a couple of reasons. I want to make certain my weapon eats my carry ammo just fine and I want to practice as close to real as I can get (sans the adrenalin and weapon pointed back at me, of course). I see a lot of you guys saying you shoot cheap stuff at the range. I understand the cost but doesn't that mean you're practicing with a formula different that you'll depend on? I sort of figure my life is worth $20 a box (or whatever). Is my thinking wrong?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Okay, just a question here. I don't consider myself a gun man by any stretch of the imagination. When I go to the range I shoot what I carry in my CCW. I do that for a couple of reasons. I want to make certain my weapon eats my carry ammo just fine and I want to practice as close to real as I can get (sans the adrenalin and weapon pointed back at me, of course). I see a lot of you guys saying you shoot cheap stuff at the range. I understand the cost but doesn't that mean you're practicing with a formula different that you'll depend on? I sort of figure my life is worth $20 a box (or whatever). Is my thinking wrong?
    When I go to the range
    I always run a couple mags of my CC ammo to finish off with. But..I run a couple boxes of cheap stuff first which is fine for practicing fundamentals. Just my humble opinion and I have been called a cheap bastage more than once so maybe it is just me.

I also go through a couple mags a month of my CC ammo as I walk the property as I have reaction targets setup at a couple points along the path for 'draw and engage' drills. Now if I could just figure out how to set them up and forget them so they would be better at surprising me!

Hey you guys. Let's go over to Mr. Matt's house and surprise him. He's always out walking his property. We'll hide and when he walks by jump out and yell "Boo!". Then we can build a fort and toss walnuts at each other.

(other kids shaking their head in agreement)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Lord knows I have lots of walnuts, didn't get near as many picked up last year as I wanted too.