Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: a question of morals

Default a question of morals

lets say the world is ending as bragg has predicted everyone is homeless and destitute and in food lines or doesn't have to be as bad as that but some really tough times. To what lengths would you go to ensure your families safety and enough food, now I'm not referring to the gun/ bunker scenario i am asking would you steal from others?........................................... ........................................now that I've given that time to sink in would you steal a generator from a big business? or break into a grocery store, I'm talking about getting back what the greedy corporate world has stolen from you what about gas been gouged enough ?would you steal some to help run your generaters?
    I'm not talking about knocking off the old couple down the road for some potatoes they have worked just as hard as you get get those but to steal from the and i quote george w " here we are the haves and the have mores"
    i am sure i would do what i have to to get by, i was blasted on another site for giving information on how to bypass water meters to someone who was struggling with their bills and the whole moral majority jumped on my back to proclaim me a low life. i say so be it, but i am the only one sleeping in my bed or looking at myself in the mirror and i hold my head up high, i work dang hard everyday most often 6 10 hour days a week plus 3 more hour for the commute back and forth then also run the homestead but if it comes down to my survival or some gas companies record profit guess whose going tactical tonight.
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Not going to blast you like happened on the other site. I am a bit disappointed though.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    i work dang hard everyday most often 6 10 hour days a week plus 3 more hour for the commute back and forth then also run the homestead but if it comes down to my survival or some gas companies record profit guess whose going tactical tonight.
    Those people worked dang hard too.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

I would go to whatever lengths I felt necessary.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

explain those people?

I see no difference in ripping off the "big corporation" than my next door neighbor. Stealing is stealing. That out of the way...I'd do my level best to help those around me for as long as I can.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

That my friend is serious food for thought..... Right now I would say no, that's just not me. But if it came down to survival or death for my family, I'd hold the flashlight for ya.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
    That my friend is serious food for thought..... Right now I would say no, that's just not me. But if it came down to survival or death for my family, I'd hold the flashlight for ya.
    ah honesty thank you that is the point i am trying to illistrate its easy to be moral and do the right thing when times are good but how many of you would be able to look your wives, children, grandchildren and so on in the face when they are starving and cold and looking to you as a leader

Since oil companies seem to be the villan of the day, I'll talk about them. The geologists and crews that do the exploration. The oil field workers that do the drilling and extraction. The truckers that move the products. The refinery workers that make it usable. The consumers that would bear the burden of increases due to loss. Although the profits of many oil companies is at all time record highs, their profit margins are not (an important distinction I think). Without looking it up I can't give you the exact number, but I think it's in the 8 to 10 percent range. If the rationale is they are making too much, should any company that has a higher profit margin be the target of peoples wrath?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I see no difference in ripping off the "big corporation" than my next door neighbor. Stealing is stealing. That out of the way...I'd do my level best to help those around me for as long as I can.
    Ditto, but I haven't had to experience what WE describes above. After I have given up my meals to my family and others......and things look to be more dismal, sadly I feel I would do what it would take.

ask your self this question before the memebrs of a certain flight got on board do you think any of them would ever consider eating another human being? not until they spent some time on a moutain in the andes they wouldn't have. any who man i got to quit eating these mushrooms

No one knows what they would do! I don't care what you say. I'll explain. Take law enforcement, you work the way you train. But, you can train and train, when it's time to pull that "trigger", you don't really know what you will do. I've seen some of the most passive people in my line of work, become stone cold and some of the "bad azzez" freeze up.
    So, you see, no one knows for sure. I'd like to think I'd do the right thing, but who knows?
    The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth. What befalls the Earth, befalls the sons of the Earth.
    Chief Seattle

Bear Clan

Banned

ask your self this question before the memebrs of a certain flight got on board do you think any of them would ever consider eating another human being? not until they spent some time on a moutain in the andes they wouldn't have. any who man i got to quit eating these mushrooms
    It would depend on what she looked like......

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I agree stealing is stealing....................while your unhooking
    that gen. you might here metal on nylon as the dude pulls his pistol
    from his MAN BAG HA HA HA HA HA HA
    The maximum effective range of a excuse is.......
    -----------0-----------METERS----------------

pandora.... pandora... where are you? hey who opened this box here hmmmm

Banned

pandora.... pandora... where are you? hey who opened this box here hmmmm
    And Rick says I'm the trouble maker.....

WE, that's when people find out what they are really capable of - during or after a disaster. I think that some people want to believe differently. Hopefully they will never have to find out...
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

sorry i was bored and thought i would sit back and enjoy the show maybe i should have logged in as palerider first

I think given the right situation,we all would do what is needed to feed and take care of those we love and care about.

But isn't that part of the reason most of us found this site? I mean to learn how to find wild edibles,hunt,trap,or otherwise obtain needed food so that we do not become one of those who have to resort to the scenerio that was described?
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

But let's look at an alternative to the situation that you described. Barter - labor or goods - everybody wins.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

sorry i was bored and thought i would sit back and enjoy the show maybe i should have logged in as palerider first
    Or LittleBoyBlue WE...... he is still so innocent.